Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Silver/Orange lining from the weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Silver/Orange lining from the weekend

Oct 16, 2017, 11:57 AM

I'm as bummed and perplexed as anyone else from the way we played last Friday night, but as the weekend went on, and more news came out, I think a lot of good can and will come from that loss. We - from the coach down to the players - showed amazing character. For Dabo to go to the Syracuse locker room and congratulate those guys took a lot of humility and class. An unbelievable amount. His grace in defeat at the press conference, no less. And then, the next day, to go to Alabama to honor his former coach and stand in front of all those people as the guy who just got spanked by an unranked team.

If I'm a parent of a recruit, or a high school coach of one, I'm thinking that this is the kind of guy, this is the kind of program where I want my kid/player to play. I'd want him to not only know how to win, but to accept defeat and take responsibility. I'd want him to know how to be humble, whether win or lose, and to honor his past and those that helped put them where they are.

I've seen so much positive press and read so many complimentary comments about how Dabo, in particular, but the team also, handled themselves this weekend. People aren't just saying that these are great athletes. With the example set by DW4, Dabo, and current players, people are saying that these are great men. And that's a rare and needed compliment these days.

I had a mail-carrier come to my door Saturday morning and I opened the door wearing one of my Clemson shirts. "Tough day to be a Clemson fan," he said. "Not at all," I replied. "Win with class, lose with class. It's always a great day to be a Clemson fan!"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic