Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Silver Lining of having no college football season . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Silver Lining of having no college football season . . .

Jul 17, 2020, 9:28 AM

I was already dreading the intolerable and incessant glut of "human interest stories" revolving around race, racism, diversity,and BLM themed virtue signaling and hand wringing from ESPN and other outlets, complete with teams and athletic departments falling all over themselves to pay tribute to the various related sacramental SJW race "causes." Now, if there's no season, we won't have to deal with that for at least another year, and one can hope that by next year it might have dissipated a bit -- I could be wrong about that, but one can hope.

But I simply won't leave ESPN and other material on once they delve into this divisive, deceptive, wicked, ungodly garbage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Silver Lining of having no college football season . . .

Jul 17, 2020, 10:09 AM

wow, you must be down to what, 3 or 4 channels that don't offend you? sounds miserable.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have charter +10 package

Jul 17, 2020, 10:16 AM

I get the channels charter deems basic plus 10 I choose.

80% of them still offend me. I cant seem to get rid of CNN, mbnc,foxnews, PBS news, ...and all those stupid shopping channels. ..or lifetime...blah.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I have charter +10 package

Jul 17, 2020, 10:19 AM

My goodness, my wife loves that Lifetime Movie channel. Every one of the movies are either about a stepmother who murders people, a babysitter who falls in love with the father, and starts murdering people, or about some crazy ex-boyfriend who murders people.

Hmm . . .

Jul 17, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Silver Lining of having no college football season . . . ]

3 or 4. Tops, yes. But don't confuse righteous anger with misery. The miserable ones are the progressive liars that are hell-bent on re-making all of society into their own image by force, and who even cannibalize each other. It's fun to watch. But righteous disdain can coexist with that, and does.

Re: Hmm . . .

Jul 18, 2020, 5:54 AM

Righteous anger at a TV station? lol. Lighten up Francis.

Jul 18, 2020, 5:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Silver Lining of having no college football season . . . ]

It's odd how offended they get.

Jul 17, 2020, 10:13 AM

Snowflake

Jul 17, 2020, 12:55 PM

LOL, that's the schtick now - the progressive culture that constitutes and embodies what it means to be a snowflake (i.e. "don't tell me there are actual objective, inviolable standards for right and wrong, man and woman, truth and lies, etc! I want to choose my own truth!") - that lying segment of the population - which apparently includes you - can't endure the most basic of truth claims if it offends their twisted sensibilities, and in return, when someone states one of those truths, they point to those who state them as the snowflakes. That's some ironic crap.

Jul 17, 2020, 12:01 PM

I think the definition of 'white privilege' is not wanting to be burdened by race-related human interest stories on a sports network.

Something tells me you love when they show troops coming home though---amirite?

Jul 17, 2020, 12:59 PM

Sounds like you've spent too much time reading the likes of "White Fragility."

Actually no. While I have a healthy respect for a society's willingness (rightly constituted) to defend itself, and for those who step up and do so, we are long past that as a general cultural matter now. We have a blind worship of all things military, as if America or our military - top brass or rank-and-file, are somehow in a bubble, uninfluenced by the moral trajectory of society as a whole. But it's not.

If there’s no college football season...

Jul 17, 2020, 2:44 PM

Get ready to watch that Eagles concert from the Spectrum Center another 12 Saturdays or so.

~JKB

Wow. BLM stuff from athletes hurts your feelings so much

Jul 17, 2020, 3:03 PM

That you actually wouldn’t mind the season being cancelled.

Several of our players got involved in BLM stuff with the peaceful march on campus. Why not stop supporting our Clemson team because of that? Regardless if there is a season or not. We won’t miss you.

Hate to burst your bubble, but..

Jul 17, 2020, 3:41 PM

If they don't have actual sports to cover, that just gives them more time to discuss those social issues you mentioned.

now that's a stretch. And I'm saying this as one who doesn't

Jul 17, 2020, 3:51 PM

think we will have a football season.

I'm resigned to it but dang I sure will miss it. And. AND I would rather put up with any fluff piece human interest story if it meant football vs. no football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 7:31 PM

I was just thinking, less ulcers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 10:07 PM

Afraid of diversity but pulls for a tram that's 75% percent black?! Crap like this is why recruiting isn't going well currently.

Jul 17, 2020, 10:08 PM

31 Savage said:

Afraid of diversity but pulls for a tram that's 75% percent black?! Crap like this is why recruiting isn't going well currently.

Jul 17, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Silver Lining of having no college football season . . . ]

31 Savage said:

Team not tram!

Jul 17, 2020, 10:35 PM

The last time I rode the tram it was mostly white, at least the exterior. I think the seats may have been gray?

Jul 17, 2020, 11:25 PM

So a TV network is "divisive, deceptive, wicked, ungodly garbage?" Sounds like you have some anger issues which need resolution. Perhaps while staring at a blank screen with no sound might be a good time to work on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe a little electric shock therapy mixed in to stay awake***

Jul 18, 2020, 4:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic