Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Silence till the cannon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Silence till the cannon

Oct 9, 2018, 4:12 PM

Noticing on facebook that a post has been going around telling everyone to be silent in Death Valley until the cannon goes off to show NC State how loud we are. Looked as if it was gaining traction but wondered how effective you think this will be and if people would get on board with it. Last I looked about 1000 people had supported it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmm

Oct 9, 2018, 4:15 PM

still no.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not gonna happen***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Not gonna happen***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:20 PM

I agree. Thought it was a cool concept but hard to keep 80,000 plus silent for that long.

Re: Not gonna happen***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Not gonna happen*** ]

I agree. Thought it was a cool concept but hard to keep 80,000 plus silent for that long.

Re: Silence till the cannon

Oct 9, 2018, 4:21 PM

I remember there was a similar thing going around for the Louisville game in 2014 and it didn’t happen.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:32 PM

Ok ... so there are still 81000 that are undecided or unaware.
Perhaps the ticket scanners at each gate could give the instructions ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That's it, I'm not going.***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Quitter...

Oct 9, 2018, 5:32 PM

:)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 5:17 PM

My feeble brain is remembering we did it at a BB game in the mid to late 70's. We had fun with it, anyone remember the details ? Unlikely for it to work with 80,000 plus.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:26 PM

Not sure, but i think there was a basketball game that we brought newspapers and held them to our face in silence while the visitors were introduced... Gonna need some help on this...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Silence till the cannon ]

As I remember, quite till certain time on clock. Then crowd went wild.

I would prefer a campaign for people to agree not to woo hoo.***

Oct 9, 2018, 5:34 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 9, 2018, 5:36 PM

We did it in the 70s when Dan Devine brought the Irish to town. Heck the band even pantomimed the whole pre game show marching only to 1 drummer tapping.
Devine had complained about having to play where it was so loud, that we shouldn’t be allowed to be that way. He probably wished he hadn’t said that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vandy Baseball players and fans

Oct 9, 2018, 10:35 PM

would go complete silence during a pitching change all the way until the pitcher stood up in the stretch and then went nuts. Got a balk one time because it totally shocked the guy. (I live in Nashville and used to have a role with the team).

Oct 10, 2018, 7:25 AM

So I'm singing a solo on God Bless America and The Star Spangled Banner? Y'all may want to rethink this!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic