Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning

Apr 30, 2019, 3:53 PM

sounds like the democrats in Congress. You'll will play the sweet sixteen card for 10 years and maybe Brownell will trip into another sweet sixteen and by then maybe I'll be dead a won't have to listen to this crap over and over again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning

Apr 30, 2019, 3:57 PM

bringing up basketball a month later? I smell coot!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 4:02 PM

Yeah its obvious that the OP is craving attention or just trying to stir the pot. I haven't seen the sweet 16 appearance brought up in sometime.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I think he’s just trying to get Judge Keller stirred up.***

Apr 30, 2019, 4:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning ]

Yeah its obvious that the OP is craving attention or just trying to stir the pot. I haven't seen the sweet 16 appearance brought up in sometime.

April 27th by Keller under UNC getting Charleston Transfer. And no, Not a Coot but we should expect more from the Clemson Tigers.

May 1, 2019, 8:33 AM

So instead of responding to him you created an entire new thread 3 days later?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 1, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning ]

I agree MyfavO - and a 21% pulse says coot even louder !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 1, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning ]

If I was a Coot fan the last thing I would want is for Clemson to fire Brownell. If you did graduate from college, you sure didn't learn much.

May 1, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Sick and tired of the sweet sixteen reasoning ]
troll.gif(148.6 K)

You will take another beating this year and you will like it coot.

Apr 30, 2019, 4:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 4:09 PM

We are stuck in the worst possible place in basketball, not very good but not bad enough to get the entire fan base on board with a change, very much like the Bowden era, improvement from Hatfield and west but not where we needed to be. You need a collapse for a change, unfortunately.

The way your pulse is dropping you want have to wait long.***

May 1, 2019, 8:22 AM

Won’t***

May 1, 2019, 5:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 8:42 AM

The sweet 16 was pretty much undone when he took almost the same team and didn’t make the tourney the next season. The banner will always hang but that was Brads peak season and he will never get there again. This year was evidence of that

May 1, 2019, 7:05 PM

How’d Coastals b-ball season go? Or right, no one cares!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 10:06 PM

Troll

You and others keep mentioning "he's been here 9 years"

May 1, 2019, 10:47 AM

and "his first NCAA team was with Purnell's players." You and the other Brownell detractors have no problem bringing up past situations to fit your argument, but much more recent (positive) events aren't supposed to be relevant because they hurt your argument.

The reality is this:

-Brad finally got facility upgrades 3 years ago
-Brad finally got staff raises/additions 2 years ago
-Since then, we have won 20 games both seasons, including a Sweet 16 appearance

Having one of the best teams in our program's history in 2017-2018 is very noteworthy. You can try to minimize it all you like, but it happened. That season, coupled with another 20 win season this past season, both coming on the heels of an investment by Clemson in the basketball program, as well as our best recruiting class under Brownell this year, show an encouraging trend. Whether or not you think that trend is acceptable is obviously your right, but you can't just ignore these things. If you do chose to ignore them, you certainly shouldn't be bringing up more remote complaints and criticisms about the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You and others keep mentioning "he's been here 9 years"

May 1, 2019, 7:25 PM

What is the rational about Paying the staff more money makes us a better teams? Are our coaches sandbagging to get more money? Paying them more will not make them better coaches period. That is s crazy thought process. Pay extra to get better coaches is the correct line of thinking. Don’t pay average coaches more money. Nothing changes except they become wealthier.

You're hopelessly in love. Did you have an affair w/ him or?***

May 2, 2019, 7:25 AM [ in reply to You and others keep mentioning "he's been here 9 years" ]

If you can't see the correlation between Clemson

May 2, 2019, 4:15 PM

providing the facilities and staff upgrades our coach had been asking for, and our improvement on the court and in recruiting, then there is no point in talking to you.

Is your hatred for our coach too strong for you to see reality?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Umm, did you wake up from a looong nap, or what?

May 1, 2019, 6:48 PM

You seem like a coot desperately trying to stir up nonsense. Are you a coot desperately trying to stir up nonsense, coot?

May 1, 2019, 7:03 PM

Your dial-up is slow. I mean like months slow, but don’t worry, your message packed as big a punch today as it would have when you started 2 months ago. Zero.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic