Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been told to be concerned
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

I have been told to be concerned

Jul 15, 2017, 8:23 PM

Apparently Allbarn returns their entire offensive line and we did not face Kamryn Pettway last year. Nevermind what we have returning on D, it will not matter, or so I been told by a Plains Tiger. The same guy shut down any talks until 2 days before our matchup this season.

In seeing that we have the tops for preseason Outland Trophy watch list candidates (4) I took a look to see where the Barn stands in this regard and found one, Braden Smith (OT). My guess is he will be blocking Big Dex, Christain Wilkins, and Clelin Ferrell simultaneously, in order for Pettway to run away from Austin Bryant. Man, our LBs are going to gave their hands full with Pettway. Hopefully our safeties can come up and help out before the 8 - 10 yards he is accustomed to in his games in the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been told to be concerned

Jul 15, 2017, 8:27 PM

I expect to beat Auburn by 17 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Any offensive line,

Jul 15, 2017, 11:01 PM

Is going to be smashed by Dexter Lawrence !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they return everyone that we abused at their place?

Jul 15, 2017, 8:31 PM

I'm trembling in fear.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You should be and you don't even know the half of it.

Jul 15, 2017, 8:39 PM

He also told me the coots are going to be good this year. That Supperior left the cupboard empty and Musschump has cleared house for his style of players.

Re: So they return everyone that we abused at their place?

Jul 15, 2017, 11:15 PM [ in reply to So they return everyone that we abused at their place? ]

Good one! Lol!!

They lost a guard and tackle.

Jul 15, 2017, 8:36 PM

Braden Smith is excellent -

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: They lost a guard and tackle.

Jul 15, 2017, 8:42 PM

Thanks, this might be just enough to where I can sleep one of these nights in the next 8 weeks.

I have a buddy who plays for Ga Southern

Jul 15, 2017, 8:36 PM

and they play Auburn the week before we do to open the season. He said their offensive line is "trash" and while their RB's are pretty good, he's not expecting Stidham to be the superstar everyone in the national media expects him to be. Also, he thinks their defense is very beatable. If we find a way to move the ball effectively, I think a double digit win is in the cards.

Re: I have a buddy who plays for Ga Southern

Jul 15, 2017, 8:46 PM

Yes, I was told we play an SC small rubish school week 1 while AU plays the reigning Sun Belt Champions.

My reply was to point out Kent St is a Group of 6 and I hope AU does not have any injuries on D (or at all for that matter), after facing the triple option.

Georgia Southern was not the Sun Belt Champs in 2016.***

Jul 15, 2017, 9:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia Southern was not the Sun Belt Champs in 2016.***

Jul 15, 2017, 11:01 PM

He claimed they were, just as he claimed that AU is returning their entire O-line.

As I say in business. When someone makes a claim

Jul 16, 2017, 9:31 AM

that you immediately know is so wrong then it's best to check every other assertion they make. Sounds like the guy you talked to is either an idiot or liar. Perhaps both! LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I say in business. When someone makes a claim

Jul 16, 2017, 11:35 AM

He is a good dude and huge AU fan.

He actually was close on AU's starting O-line. They started one guy in the bowl game and one graduated. He could have had a lapse (older and has health issues) or was just talking crap in general about GA Southern because they usually are a tuff out. However, the NCAA put them on probation before last season and they had injury issues. They were mid pack of the Sun Belt last year but had been in the hunt their first two seasons in that conference.

Being in SEC lalaland (B'ham, AL) he believes the spin machine about that conference's superiority hype. His second team is Michigan, so has the B1G hype thing, as well.

Funny how the Auburn game isn't in our top 3 games this year

Jul 15, 2017, 8:38 PM

An SEC West school coming into the Valley and I'm looking forward to Louisville, FSU, VT and the Columbia game more than I am Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2017, 8:44 PM

Stidham was studly at Baylor before getting hurt. I think he's gonna be good, and Pettway is definitely a bruising back who would cause problems for most teams, but the real Tigers have the best DL in the country, and a LB crew that's just as big as Pettway, which should neutralize the advantage he holds over most teams with smaller LB. Joseph, Lamar, Shaq will show Pettway what it's like to hit and bounce backwards...

Jul 15, 2017, 8:49 PM

I pointed out there was not going to be bifg gaping holes for him (Pettway) to get trucking like he did against Arkansas and such. That our D line lives in the opposition's backfield.

Jul 15, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been told to be concerned ]

Our defense is lightyears better than anything he saw in the big 12. Gonna be hard to throw the football laying flat on his back.

Yes, this ^^^***

Jul 15, 2017, 8:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, this ^^^***

Jul 15, 2017, 9:07 PM

Agree

Jul 15, 2017, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been told to be concerned ]

Here's the thing Stidham didn't exactly look studly against the top teams in the Big 12 either. He started three games against KSU, Okie St., and Oklahoma. He had a good game against a 4 win KSU team, but against the Oklahoma schools he passed for less than 60% both games (against Big 12 defenses mind you), and a total of 3 TDs and 3 INTs. He's probably a decent QB, but I feel his reputation has inflated from coming from a high scoring Art Briles offense and little sisters of the poor. His game log from 2015 is below for those interested.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/3892775/jarrett-stidham

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 16, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been told to be concerned ]

Pettway is a good back, but I have a feeling, based on past games, that we will get a number of hits on him before he builds up a head of steam. Our D has either led or been near the top of the country in tackles for loss, which of course means we are getting them before they get a good start. I worry a little about the guy, like Cook last year, that you stop a dozen times for no gain and then they break one for 75 yards.

We eat pieces of crap like Auburn for breakfast.***

Jul 15, 2017, 8:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Shooter McGavin?***

Jul 15, 2017, 8:59 PM

Re: We eat pieces of crap like Auburn for breakfast.***

Jul 15, 2017, 9:18 PM [ in reply to We eat pieces of crap like Auburn for breakfast.*** ]

Speak for yourself sir, I prefer to not eat #### for breakfast.

Re: We eat pieces of crap like Auburn for breakfast.***

Jul 16, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to We eat pieces of crap like Auburn for breakfast.*** ]

Nails.....we eat nails for breakfast.

crap is no bueno

gee ur nasty!

Show your friend this and he may change his mind

Jul 15, 2017, 9:43 PM

http://saturdayblitz.com/2017/07/14/auburn-football-jarrett-stidham-starter/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Show your friend this and he may change his mind

Jul 15, 2017, 11:04 PM

Pretty sure this is (and more) why he doesn't want to talk until 2 days before our game. Haha

We have a HUGE advantage

Jul 16, 2017, 11:50 AM

kevin steele

Re: We have a HUGE advantage

Jul 16, 2017, 11:59 AM

Yeah, Kelly Bryant should definitely start this game based on Steele being their DC, alone.

Jul 16, 2017, 12:11 PM

Yea but they lost their whole dline he forget we return our whole oline and dline? Plus I watched the spring game for them
Yea stidham did good but they had 2nd team defense which 2nd dline is trash this year bc they lost all first string so second string moved up to 1st this is like 3rd string last year type guys against they're #1 offense. That dline put 0 pressure on the qb i mean he had 5+ sec just about every play to find his receiver. Had time to check off everyone then start again to find his WR. No surprise he went 16-20 200+ and two tds he had no rush on him and had all day anyone can do that with all day in the world. You will be lucky to get 3 secs vs our dline and LBs we have possibly 2 1# draft picks just at DT. These teams don't understand how good we actually are with our front 7!

Jul 16, 2017, 12:41 PM

I definitely broke down our D-line in my conversation with him. How Wilkins was moving inside, Bryant didn't play last year, how we also lost Kelly before that game, that Clelin Ferrell had not quiet emerged at that point (see OSU) and this is year two for Big Dex. I also pointed out that I expect us to be more athletic with Ben moving on (Lamar). Also, how excited I am about our younger stud secondary players that were freshman or redshirted last season.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic