Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Almost" used to be good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

"Almost" used to be good

Mar 11, 2017, 7:12 AM

In only horseshoes and hand grenades. That all changed to add Clemson Basketball. If" Best is the standard!" In football then "If almost is good enough for our fans, then, what the heII, it's good enough for us!" Love Brownell's culture he's help perpetuate. Go Brownell!....Let's ALMOST win in the prestigious NIT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's almost good enough NIT

Mar 11, 2017, 11:30 AM

Almost win the one that is almost good enough. Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser. Show me a sore loser and I will show you Alabama. Show me a group satisfied with almost and I will show you a group that accepts mediocrity.

Re: That's almost good enough NIT

Mar 11, 2017, 11:49 AM

Amen!

coming from an ALMOST good poster

Mar 11, 2017, 12:03 PM

this doesn't mean much.

If "best is your standard"

stop pushing assumptions, generalities, homilies, and cliches.

Get you own thoughts...

Re: coming from an ALMOST good poster

Mar 11, 2017, 12:18 PM

Give me a sore loser in a coach who hates losing. You think Saban said that they almost won the national title? He will drive this years team to obsession to correct it. Brownell is not willing to do everything to make this program better.

Show me an almost( I'm pretty certain you qualify)

Mar 11, 2017, 2:05 PM [ in reply to coming from an ALMOST good poster ]

Ignorant poster where his post are neither epi or funny and that'd be you. The op, IMHO, made a reasonable post and you attack with your normal stupid BS. The definition of stupidity as well as insanity is " doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result! Do us a favor and get some education, even Jethro Bodine graduated the 6th grade.....I have confidence you can do that well if you cheat....

Re: Show me an almost( I'm pretty certain you qualify)

Mar 11, 2017, 2:15 PM

> Ignorant poster where his post are neither epi or
> funny and that'd be you. The op, IMHO, made a
> reasonable post and you attack with your normal
> stupid BS. The definition of stupidity as well as
> insanity is " doing the same thing over and over and
> expecting a different result! Do us a favor and get
> some education, even Jethro Bodine graduated the 6th
> grade.....I have confidence you can do that well if
> you cheat....

Perhaps doing the same thing is firing a coach before he has a chance to build the program. Firing a coach with one recruiting class built around a decent facility. Firing a coach because he has no quick fix juco talent as an option. Firing a coach who represents with class, graduates his players and has won more on average than his predecessors. Firing a coach only to hire another mid major coach who is also unproven at the ACC level. All because "fans" don't understand that CU basketball is a different animal than CU football

Mar 11, 2017, 2:20 PM

Clemson has a juco program in place. Two years from now if Brownell is still winning only 17 games or less, will you still say keep him? How many years do you need to give coaches these days?

is that you Jethro...

Mar 11, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Show me an almost( I'm pretty certain you qualify) ]

If you actually posted that with a straight face and not joking, then you might be as ignorant as that epicidiot. Keep Brownell....worship him and enjoy mediocrity. You Brownell Lovers deserve nothing more but these players deserve better. Sacrifice a group of kids for the misguided love of a coach.

Re: is that you Jethro...

Mar 11, 2017, 2:31 PM

We have seen this love of coach over the school the last 10 years. The Bowden brigade defended their man to the bitter end. That was a needed change. The Leggett loyalists couldnt stand to see the legend fired. How's Monte Lee working out? Now it's Brownell. I only care about the good of the Clemson basketball program not the well being of the coach.

Mar 11, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Show me an almost( I'm pretty certain you qualify) ]

The last time I looked coaches got fired for wins and losses. It wasn't about graduation rates or being classy. I'm sure Gotfried at State was a nice guy. He got fired for lack of athletic results.

are you trying to make a haiku?

Mar 11, 2017, 2:37 PM [ in reply to coming from an ALMOST good poster ]

if so, that is not a haiku

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic