Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Show Ray Ray some love
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 5,198

Show Ray Ray some love

Dec 16, 2014, 1:13 AM

I, for one, do not use Twitter, but I encourage any and all fans with Twitter to use it to show Ray Ray some love like we did with Huggie Bear.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Show Ray Ray some love

Dec 16, 2014, 5:56 AM

Yes sir, you get more with sugar than sh**

Unless you are talking flies.***

Dec 16, 2014, 8:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Do recruits really, seriously base anything off of how

Dec 16, 2014, 8:48 AM

much "love" they get from twitter? If so, that's just sad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No

Dec 16, 2014, 9:06 AM

It makes me cringe when I see these 40-60 year old men who only tweet at recruits #### like "HEY BO I SEEN UR GAME LAST NITE CNT W8 2 CU IN ORANGE!!! DONT GO TO FLORIDA WE WILL BE LIKE 1981 AGAIN!!"

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Dec 16, 2014, 5:57 PM

Why? They like it. If it becomes to much they wont read it as any movie stat wouldnt

Re: No

Dec 16, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to No ]

Is it weird you obsess over these kids on the football field? Cause I'm sure emotions are tied to the kids playing football

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Do recruits really, seriously base anything off of how

Dec 16, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Do recruits really, seriously base anything off of how ]

> much "love" they get from twitter? If so, that's just
> sad.

Not sad at all. Twitter to them is what 8 tracks and going to Dairy Queen was to us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2014, 6:55 PM

It makes me cringe when someone has a problem with someone else's positive support displays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 16, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Do recruits really, seriously base anything off of how ]

Thank you!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Do recruits really, seriously base anything off of how ]

Having two teenage kids who were recruited .....yes, they pay attention to social media. It's a different world now days and we need to come along for the ride or get left behind.
They really big-time kids make it clear they want followers! It's an ego / competiton thing.

Again, if it means not stroking a teenager's oversized

Dec 17, 2014, 10:44 AM

ego, then I'm thrilled to be "left behind". I can't really believe grown men are participating in this foolishness. If a kid wants to play football at Clemson because he likes the coaches, is impressed by the facilities and the tradition, wants to compete at the highest level and win championships, get a great education, and in general enjoy the best 4-5 years of his life as he grows into a man at a special place like Clemson, then I welcome him with open arms. He can pay attention to social media all he wants, as long as he is basing his decision on the right things, I'm all for it. But, if he is seriously going to base such an important decision on how many people tell him how great he is and how badly is needed needed and wanted, then screw him - let him go to the dumpster fire in Columbia.

####, I pay attention to social media, and I have teenage kids. I fully realize it's impact on me and on them. I get it. But this isn't about me not understanding that or how the times are changing. It's about teenage kids basing important decisions on the wrong things, and grown men falling all over themselves to coddle them and give them "love" to further boost their already over-inflated egos, all in hopes that they will play football for "our" team. It's messed up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Again, if it means not stroking a teenager's oversized

Dec 17, 2014, 11:11 AM

You sound like a dinasaur. It's no big deal to say "looking forward to seeing you run down the hill at Clemson". It makes them feel love from the fanbase. It's not sucking up. It's not harassment. If you don't want to use Twitter or Instagram, then don't. But no need to bash people that do.

Wow! In no way, shape, or form am I bashing people

Dec 17, 2014, 11:59 AM

for using Twitter or Instagram. It's amazing that my point goes right over the head of so many, even after going to great lengths to make it clear. I'll try one more time:

I use social media myself. I enjoy it for the most part, and I understand how it works. I have college and high school kids, and I'm very, very familiar with the role it plays in their lives. I understand the benefits as well as the downside. I'm not against it in any way whatsoever. Understand?

This is a totally separate issue, and the problem I have: Kids should not in any way be basing their college choice on how much "love" (it's NOT love, by the way) they get from Twitter. It's beyond moronic. Yeah, it's okay to say "looking forward to seeing you run down the hill at Clemson", but it's sad when grown men are actively stroking the oversized ego of a teenager. I'll offer encouragement or congratulations to a good kid, but I will not compete in an ass-kissing contest to prove how much I want him at Clemson, and that's really what it is in many cases.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Wow! In no way, shape, or form am I bashing people

Dec 17, 2014, 12:19 PM

Who said anything about kissing ####?

Eww

Re: Wow! In no way, shape, or form am I bashing people

Dec 17, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Wow! In no way, shape, or form am I bashing people ]

Ok. I get it. We actually have pretty similar viewpoints after I read this. Cheers and go tigers!

According to Huggins, that's why he enrolled early

Dec 17, 2014, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Do recruits really, seriously base anything off of how ]

I was hoping for McCloud to do the same, which he has.

Re: Show Ray Ray some love

Dec 16, 2014, 9:03 AM

Or you know you can stop following 18 year olds around on twitter harassing them.

null

If tweeting is more of a recruiting tool than

Dec 16, 2014, 7:50 PM

what the Clemson coaches, to include home visits, and what university offers etc., then we are in very bad shape. Whether Ray-Ray is a Tiger or not will have nothing to do with tweeting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If tweeting is more of a recruiting tool than

Dec 16, 2014, 7:55 PM

Our coaches now use Twitter like they used a #2 pencil in class as teenagers. Times they are a changing .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Completely, totally different, especially as it relates to

Dec 17, 2014, 9:26 AM

the original post in this thread. The times are a-changing, we get that, and that is normal and perfectly fine. The tools and methods coaches must use to recruit change right along with all of that, but that's not at all what I'm talking about. What's sad, and downright pathetic, is the idea that a recruit, as the original poster suggests, would be influenced one way or another by how many "fans", many of whom are grown men, from a particular school are willing to suck up to them and stroke their teenage egos by giving them twitter-love. To further suggest that more of us should submit to that foolishness is absurd. It's got absolutely nothing to do with keeping up with the times.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Completely, totally different, especially as it relates to

Dec 17, 2014, 11:55 AM

Call me what you want. Ego stroker or whatever may have you.

Why do you think the kids make their AVI some photoshopped edit of them playing football , or of them wearing team colors that there commuted to.

Even check the recruits bio's.

Heck, Kitt's twitter still says CU .

Other day tweeted should i stay or should i go.

I told him he mide as well stay!

he "mide" as well "commute" to another skool...

Dec 17, 2014, 9:20 PM

sigh...

Replies: 22
| visibility 5,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic