Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should she have been kicked out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 493

Should she have been kicked out?

Jun 28, 2020, 9:06 AM

Yes, she could have framed the last part better but is it warranted to kick her out and did she or the University not uphold values.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/private-baptist-university-says-student-002805148.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/nbc_news_122/030052dbaf0b3803894024e36d4d0e29">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if she was black, her black privilege would

Jun 28, 2020, 9:11 AM

have kept her safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if she was black, her black privilege would

Jun 28, 2020, 9:16 AM

I am more concerned with whether what she said had substantial truth to it and if so whether that University failed to uphold Christian values by kicking her out.

This is what drives me mad.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:15 AM

The word “racist” has gotten so diluted that’s it’s now just being used to describe any culturally unpopular discussion on race. It’s essentially meaningless and is now just the modern day version of tarring and feathering.

This girl could love black people, or not, and still have this opinion. She could have a black boyfriend (or girlfriend), or not, and still have this opinion. Point is, WE DON’T KNOW. She’s sharing an sociological opinion on reactions to events, not spouting off some inherent racial superiority drivel.

Sooner than later, the “boy who cried wolf” will kick in, and accusations of being “racist”, as it’s currently being overused, will be met with a shoulder shrug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what drives me mad.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:18 AM

Much like the treatment Mitt got in the press, they called him everything but the Anti-Christ, in my mind the wolf that came was Trump and was met with a shoulder shrug.

That was my reaction. It’s simply not racist.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to This is what drives me mad. ]

It could be inappropriate or wrong but it’s not inherently racist.

I don’t know if the school didn’t fulfill its Christian values but it certainly showed a complete lack of support for its students and intellectual honesty in the name of cowardly self-preservation.

null

Re: That was my reaction. It’s simply not racist.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:23 AM

Why would it be considered inappropriate if it is truthful? Sometimes the truth is a painful thing, it is why we will never have a real discussion on race. Neither side wants to hear the truth.

Chris Rock - Would you trade places with me?

Jun 28, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to This is what drives me mad. ]

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chris+rock+would+you+trade+places+with+me%3f&docid=608012591321975802&mid=37B2C0521F5AADD527AA37B2C0521F5AADD527AA&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Post was unwise...

Jun 28, 2020, 9:47 AM

Post was hyperbole, but not untrue.

School infringed her constitutional right. School should be held accountable.

However, school may have a code of conduct that students must acknowledge they have read and understand. But this behavior should be specifically pointed out.

Message was edited by: franc1968®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Due to it being a private Christian college, good luck with

Jun 28, 2020, 9:53 AM

the lawsuit.

She should have gone to Bob Jones.

/this is an over the top reaction based on the details presented in the article. There could be more that we’re not seeing. Schools are usually in a tough spot on these cases as they can’t “comment specifically on individual cases” and we normally only see one side.

Which side will Jay Sekula represent?

Jun 28, 2020, 9:59 AM

Agreed...there definitely could be more to the story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 answers based on who you are

Jun 28, 2020, 10:00 AM

1- if I’m the president of that college, I do not kick her out personally. I personally think college kids are given too much of a voice today. These are still kids and they still make dumb choices.

2- if I’m the student or her lawyer, it’s a private college and there’s nothing you can do to force the college to keep her enrolled. And that’s the way it should be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

these guys talk about the hipocracy

Jun 28, 2020, 10:09 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZQKM9IIqLw

Black privilege.***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:14 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well, if you are black, and you want your life to matter to

Jun 28, 2020, 10:11 AM

"Black Lives Matter", you better pray to God that you are killed by a white police officer. Otherwise, your life doesn't count for squat to them. That's probably my biggest problem with BLM, and as much as I want to join them in the fight against racism, racial prejudice and discrimination, I can't do it because in their case, it's all a big lie ... they are NOT concerned about "black lives".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

so black lives can't matter...

Jun 28, 2020, 11:27 AM

until all black lives matter?

Not at all what I said or what I meant.

Jun 28, 2020, 11:43 AM

But the name "Black Lives Matter" certainly implies that all black lives matter. I'm just pointing out that that is not the case with BLM, and it's really not about black lives in general. I pointed out in another post the problem with the name itself.

- H. L. Mencken

wasn't saying that...

Jun 28, 2020, 12:37 PM

I was drawing my own conclusion from your post.

I have no problem saying with conviction "black lives matter." You get push back if you say "all lives matter," and I understand why.

But this group has also has adapted the saying, probably in response to "all lives matter," that says "no lives can matter until black lives matter."

Based on the point you made above that BLM is not really concerned with all black lives.

Do you think they would like the phrase "black lives can't matter until ALL black lives matter."

It shows exclusive concern for black lives, but addresses things other than racism.

Last I checked, hate can't end a life.

Re: wasn't saying that...

Jun 28, 2020, 12:44 PM

That is true, maybe. Hate is cancer of the soul, it grows and consumes life. You see its ravage the street urchins and watch it consume them. There is no political solution to cure hate.

I know you understand that but I think it needed to be said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wasn't saying that...

Jun 28, 2020, 12:51 PM

yes, there are things ending black lives, racism without action , is not one of them.

"Indigenous" crime and abortion are far greater culprits than racist cops, and it isn't even close.

Pointing that out doesn't deflect from the issue of racism. Pointing it out says, "you are right, black lives, ALL black lives, have intrinsic value."

I'm not sure what you're getting at. "Black Lives Matter"

Jun 28, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to wasn't saying that... ]

as a name is misleading, and inaccurate at best, because all black lives don't matter to BLM, or at least not enough to spend any time talking about.

- H. L. Mencken

The world seems upside down.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:27 AM

I don't think I understand what's going on sometimes. You can put the truth on display and people go nuts. There seems to be no justification for her being thrown out of school. Maybe they found something about her that we don't know.

I'm not saying that to defend the Baptist, I need to fight the rage which would torture me if that were the only reason. I don't mind getting mad about something when it's justified, I just want to make sure it's justified instead of looking foolish.

We certainly have enough of that without my contribution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The world seems upside down.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:37 AM

My bet is not, if they had it would have been put out also as the video alone is not a whole lot of reason. My opinion it is fear driven, fear the mobs would come for the University too.

They are cheering while the alligator eats the villagers...

Jun 28, 2020, 10:58 AM

in hopes the alligator will eat them last. The funny thing is, it will.

This isn't about black lives it's about the alligator eating the village. That gator tried in the 1960s and used the youth who hated the war as their troops back then. The rage, outrage is the same, the actions are the same but now they have a complacent democrat party which remains silent to assist them.

If the video is 100% of the story, then No.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:58 AM

What she said is fact. Dozens killed in Chicago with no national media attention. Black on black.

The part that probably rubs some the wrong way is that it sort of implies there should not be outrage at G Floyd's death. Of course, 99.999% of people agree there should be outrage.

It’s ridiculous

Jun 28, 2020, 1:02 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 493
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic