Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Almost a year ago I dumped one retirement plan into an IRA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 519

Almost a year ago I dumped one retirement plan into an IRA

May 5, 2020, 12:54 PM

and as of yesterday have almost made it back to where it was when I put it in there, within about $1k or so. Is that good investing? Seems like it would have been safer if I invested in some TactiCOOL gear and toilet paper reserves.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far the best investment I have seen is a Freeman build

May 5, 2020, 1:00 PM

slot. I am becoming more convinced by the day saving money is pointless, smoke em if you got em cause at some point our govt is going to teetotally #### all of us with their monetary policy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now's a great time to convert Trad IRA's to Roths. Unless

May 5, 2020, 1:06 PM

you believe you can let your account grow for decades and then pay a lower tax rate than you are right now. I mean, our gov't won't ever raise taxes on us, will it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine is a Roth, but I think I would get a better return with

May 5, 2020, 1:12 PM

Freeman build slots. Turn $10k into $40k in just 3 years!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we’d just listened to Travis and given all our money to

May 5, 2020, 1:27 PM

Chris Finegan we’d be living the life of Riley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Should have gone with hookers and blow.***

May 5, 2020, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U can teach 'em.....

May 5, 2020, 1:53 PM

Butt that doesn't mean they learn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Almost a year ago I dumped one retirement plan into an IRA

May 5, 2020, 1:42 PM

Should have bought a boat, screw saving for retirement yolo swag

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old rink guy used to tell me... invest in yourself.

May 5, 2020, 1:43 PM

He was always drunk! But he worked at the local ice skating rink and after hours when we would pool our money to give him an extra $20 and a sixer of Lite, he’d let us play pick up hockey for an hour. The trick was to keep somebody out front drinking with him for hours. We could play sometimes until 4:00 am or later as long as we kept the beer cold and occasionally provided a cold pizza slice or two to keep a belly satisfied. We’d get hours of hockey entertainment on the cities dime for pennies on the dollar. Talk about a great investment! To this day, his words ring true... “Invest in yourself! #### the manager. He ain’t ####!”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I regret that more people won’t see what you posted here today 7.

May 5, 2020, 1:51 PM

Such a true event that helped make me who I are. This was a huge part of my Friday night life for such a long time. We were good at what we did. There were no victims and everybody got paid. Miss you Pavilion!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was his name Curtis?

May 5, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Old rink guy used to tell me... invest in yourself. ]

Curtis Lowe?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 519
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic