Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should all of college football viewers boycott the Rose bow?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Should all of college football viewers boycott the Rose bow?

Dec 22, 2015, 10:49 PM

If this is true, why should the rest of America watch the Rose bowl and help the big 10 and pac 12 out?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-are-the-playoff-semifinals-on-new-year-s-eve-again-053757483-ncaaf.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, if Disney hadn't come down like a ton of bricks on...

Dec 22, 2015, 10:57 PM

their sports subordinates about overhead and refinement of scheduling games I might buy into that chit.

Truth is, football fans are watching football on NYE if there's a game on. ESPiN has been Bama's pet and touted the SEC so hard everyone is watching that game to see Bama lose. It's not that we are fans of our conferences but the hate for SEC is driving their focus.

That's why Bama got the late game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, if Disney hadn't come down like a ton of bricks on...

Dec 22, 2015, 11:29 PM

Actually I am talking about the Rosebowl having the ability to move us to New Years eve.

Bama got the late game because we are playing the #4 seed

Dec 23, 2015, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Yeah, if Disney hadn't come down like a ton of bricks on... ]

and their matchup should be more exciting because the two teams are more evenly matched. 1 vs. 4 should technically be an easier matchup than 2 vs. 3 making that game the prime time game.

Re: Bama got the late game because we are playing the #4 seed

Dec 23, 2015, 6:31 AM

It's going to be weird seeing the Orange Bowl played in the day time (at least for a quarter or so) for me. I'm disappointed that we aren't the primetime game, but it's a win-win. A win means I can watch the second playoff game to see what we can expect in the final, and a loss (which I don't think will happen) means I can go out and ring in the New Year and drown my sorrows in a bottle of Fireball

One day the stars may all realign....

Dec 23, 2015, 6:52 AM

No more losing teams in post season play, bowls with their traditional names, and the realization that the Rose Bowl is just a game between the Pacific Coast and the Big "Whatever." It has been since they stopped asking the two best teams in the country to play in their bowl. Alabama was the last team outside of these two conferences to play in the Rose (1946) I think.
The play off is almost ideal. When they decide on a few more teams, so it includes all conference winners of "Power 5" and at large teams. If the bowls are not pleased with rotating games and times, fine, start regional play like basketball. Last time I checked, it is doing fairly well.

Re: One day the stars may all realign....

Dec 23, 2015, 12:57 PM

I believe TCU played in the Rose a few years ago.

Re: One day the stars may all realign....

Dec 23, 2015, 1:01 PM

And apparently the FSU/Oregon game was the rose bowl last year. TCU Wisconsin was 2010.

Except the spread for the Bama game is nearly 10 whereas ours is

Dec 23, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Bama got the late game because we are playing the #4 seed ]

3.5. As far as betting lines and national perception goes, Bama is the #1 team, OU #2, and Clemson #3.

Last year when Bama was #1 seed

Dec 23, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Bama got the late game because we are playing the #4 seed ]

and they played against the #4 seed the also got the late spot. So it's not because of the ranking, its because of the team...

The Rose Bowl has always been the number 1 bowl

Dec 23, 2015, 6:37 AM

you know, the grand daddy of all bowl games. Just ask a USC fan or Ohio St fan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what an anticlimatic day Jan 1 will be

Dec 23, 2015, 9:48 AM

the games that mean the most are played the day before. Like having the Pro Bowl the day after the Super Bowl - what sense does that make?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I care about is Clemson.

Dec 23, 2015, 6:48 AM

Don't care when/where whoever else plays. The bowl system is corrupt? This news how exactly?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still could have played both semi on NY Day even with the Rose Bowl on.

Dec 23, 2015, 8:35 AM

1p Orange
5p Rose
830p Cotton

Should have moved the Sugar. This is such an easy call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It was actually the Playoff Committee

Dec 23, 2015, 9:24 AM

that lost the negotiations. I would like to boycott a bowl game, but honestly Im prolly gonna watch.

I just think we (playoff committee) need to either force them to comply (move to NYE) or take them out of the rotation for playoff games all together.

Re: Should all of college football viewers boycott the Rose bow?

Dec 23, 2015, 9:34 AM

wow, I wish I hadn't read that. I knew the ncaa was pathetic, but wow

Article got it wrong. Rose and Sigar already had contract for Jan 1 that predates the CFP

Dec 23, 2015, 9:58 AM

The playoff committee and ESPN didn't want 4 or more of the big 6 all on one day. ESPN tried to get the Rose and Sugar to move off 1/1 or get CFP on 1/2. Wasn't successful so now everyone is trying to make sugar out of ### and pretending this is all good and on purpose.

I'll be boycotting it

Dec 23, 2015, 1:14 PM

because it's two of the most boring, overrated teams in the country.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic