Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should USC Fans be Upset at the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,241

Should USC Fans be Upset at the SEC?

Nov 7, 2012, 6:56 AM

I've heard a few USC fans speak ill of the SEC regarding their schedule, along with Georgia's lack of one. Should they be upset? Do they have a beef?

We think no - they had their chances and they need to live with it, rather than pull out their standard bag of excuses. And here's our backup for it:

http://www.thetigerswag.com/2012/11/so-usc-is-upset-with-sec-thats-rich.html

3rd in the East and 6th overall. Rings anyone?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See their 2013 schedule...it evens back out.

Nov 7, 2012, 6:58 AM

But they missed out with this years squad.

USC is in California. What the hell are they talking about?***

Nov 7, 2012, 7:20 AM

I agree - that's why we use "UCS"***

Nov 7, 2012, 8:03 AM

they never b*tched about it when they weren't contenders

Nov 7, 2012, 7:57 AM

When they were getting the pants beat off of them regularly by Florida, UGA, and Tennessee among others, you never heard them complain that those 3's schedules were too soft and theirs was too hard. Instead they propped themselves up with those losses, excuse me I mean moral victories, to "prove" that their frequent losses to Clemson were due to such a difficult schedule against such tough division opponents. They *wanted* UGA, Florida, and Tennessee to have soft schedules so it looked like they were losing to teams full of supermen.

But now that they're contending, they suddenly want the rest of the SEC-East to have murderous schedules too. That's rich. Absolutely rich.

Re: they never b*tched about it when they weren't contenders

Nov 7, 2012, 8:04 AM

Have to disagree with you my friend. They still aren't contenders, and never will be. Their fanbase is warming up now, "We're #4!" "We're #4!" "We're #4!" Sadly, that's enough for the Yardbirds. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's take off the orange-colored glasses for a moment

Nov 7, 2012, 8:08 AM

and at least give credit where credit is due. They won the division 2 years ago and were in contention for it last year and this year. I hate it as much as the next Clemson fan, but I think it's silly to pretend that they haven't moved up the ranks in the SEC-East...for now. I don't think it's a permanent rise by any means. Florida looks like it's regaining its form, and any day now Tennessee will find their way too. When all that happens, USC will resume their traditional role fighting for 4th place every year.

If Tennessee fires Dooley...

Nov 7, 2012, 11:24 AM

They will take 2 steps back (again) and won't be there fot 3-4 years.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: they never b*tched about it when they weren't contenders

Nov 7, 2012, 8:04 AM [ in reply to they never b*tched about it when they weren't contenders ]

Yes! You get it as well.

Same feeling here. For years, the SEC had to be upset with South Carolina, and now all of a sudden, they want to bite the hand that fed them.

Yes - that is rich!

Re: Should USC Fans be Upset at the SEC?

Nov 7, 2012, 9:55 AM

The problem they had with this years schedule was the change made by the SEC after expansion. USC lost a home game against Miss St for a road game against LSU. Georgia lost an away game against Alabama for a home game against Mississippi.

Nov 7, 2012, 11:17 AM

But the point I'm trying to make is it still wouldn't matter. If you swap their loss for a win and then swap Georgia's win against Ole Miss for a loss to Bama, then UCS still fails to win the East due to their loss at Florida.

No matter how you cut it, their loss to Florida cost them the East, just like our loss to FSU cost us the Atlantic.

They have no room to whine just as we don't...

The SEC doesn't decide USC's schedule.

Nov 7, 2012, 9:56 AM

The PAC12 does. So they should take their beef up with them.

Nov 7, 2012, 11:31 AM

Don't think Clemson fans need to be talking about schedules. I would love to see some better opponents played.

Nov 7, 2012, 2:29 PM

Don't get me wrong, I would too. But the fact that USC fans are complaining about their schedule - and about the SEC having it out for them was too rich to pass up, and it needed to be addressed.

it won't matter, after they lose to arky...

Nov 7, 2012, 2:35 PM

and we Bi#tchslap them in DV, they'll drop out of the top 25 and head to a loser bowl in Mississippi or Memphis, or wherever.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic