Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should I buy homecoming tickets now, or wait?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 953

Should I buy homecoming tickets now, or wait?

Jun 7, 2016, 12:47 PM

I'm going to the homecoming game October 15th with my girlfriend (Who has never been to Death Valley and is pumped!) and already have lodging figured out. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should buy some lower level tickets on StubHub now or wait until it gets closer to that date. Will prices go down over time or continue to get more expensive?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends, what are your expectations??

Jun 7, 2016, 12:49 PM

Asking for a friend...

In all seriousness. If it was me, I wouldn't buy now. Wait it out, there should be plenty of options available to you closer to gameday.

How much are homecoming tickets now?***

Jun 7, 2016, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: How much are homecoming tickets now?***

Jun 7, 2016, 1:09 PM

Upper deck lowest is $82. Most lower deck are in the $300s. Lower deck sections closer to the endzones are about $200.

Re: How much are homecoming tickets now?***

Jun 7, 2016, 1:16 PM

I would definitely wait. Will be close to if not face value the week of the game. You may even get em cheaper if you're willing to gamble and wait til the day of.

$300 per ticket? I'd definitely wait.***

Jun 7, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: How much are homecoming tickets now?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If you have the patience, you could get some on gameday

Jun 7, 2016, 1:15 PM

in cash outside the stadium. Just bring a certain amount of cash and look for a father with kids who is desperate to get rid of the tix. Tell him that the amount in your pocket (left pocket) is all you have. If it is too low ball for him, then walk away and try with another guy and supplement with some money in your right pocket. Most of the time you can get tickets for face value or less for the pair.

I'd wait until they announce if it's a home game or an away

Jun 7, 2016, 1:16 PM

game. It would stink to buy the tickets, only to find out homecoming is at Syracuse this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

BaaaHaHaHa

Jun 7, 2016, 1:20 PM

you can always depend on FM for the strait skinny

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Should I buy homecoming tickets now, or wait?

Jun 7, 2016, 1:17 PM

I personally would at least wait until tickets are distributed to season ticket holders in August. Once people have their tickets in hand (and non-renewal ticket holders know their exact seat locations), more tickets will likely come available on the market typically driving the price down a little.

Once the season starts, prices generally stay about the same until right before gametime if you're willing to take that risk (unless the team really underachieves, or there is bad weather forecasted). Even so, homecoming, SC, and UL will probably be the toughest tickets this year, so I doubt they'll fluctuate too much.

An alternative would be to keep an eye on the tigernet ticket site. May find a better deal on there and not have to pay stubhub fees. I would still wait to pay until they have the tickets in hand and try to meet up with the person, but that's just me.

well, since nobody even has tickets yet

Jun 7, 2016, 1:28 PM

I hope you aren't hoping to get them in your hand any time soon, like for a birthday gift or something.

just for your information, tickets aren't mailed out until about 3 weeks before the season starts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well, since nobody even has tickets yet

Jun 7, 2016, 1:31 PM

No, I know I won't get the tickets for a while. I just saw a relatively cheap price for tickets really close to the field and wasn't sure if I should jump on them or not. I am assuming it's a season ticket holder who is not going to the game and putting their ticket on sale ahead of time.

Replies: 11
| visibility 953
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic