Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shopping Season Request
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 414

Shopping Season Request

Nov 27, 2020, 7:13 AM

Shop local whenever possible. Stay off Amazon as much as possible and shop vendor direct if not able to shop local.

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at upgrading my blackstone

Nov 27, 2020, 7:58 AM

It’s about $10 more at local-ish hardware store
It’s a locally owned Ace Hardware, not really sure what the setup is in terms of that

Probably will pull the trigger on that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having that franchise name gives

Nov 27, 2020, 8:07 AM

them some purchasing power and some corporate help so that it’s not $15 dollars more.

Good move hombre. Keep it local if at all possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John Royal appreciates it!

Nov 27, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Looking at upgrading my blackstone ]

He had his 70th bday at the Southern last year..he's somethin' else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Nov 27, 2020, 8:16 AM

I definitely went out of my way to spend more money this holiday season and shopped locally or local to a vacation area. I was very fortunate to have business all year when many businesses suffered. I was also able to put back a little in reserve. My personal spending was down for sure for a few months so my wife and I made up for in for the holiday season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but, but

Nov 27, 2020, 8:19 AM

Airpods Pro are $170 on Amazon today!

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most definitely

Nov 27, 2020, 8:39 AM

The latest cra cra fb conspiracy is that Bezos paid the Chinese to develop the virus to finish eliminating his brick and mortar competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

APM certainly does when possible.

Nov 27, 2020, 9:45 AM

Hit our local hiking/outdoors joint a couple of weeks ago. And I hit the local coffee shop rather than Starbucks. That is always my preference when possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never iunderstood

Nov 27, 2020, 11:05 AM

the great appeal to Starbucks's. Good coffee isn't that hard. Even K-cups at .40 beats $4.00 anytime. I've been hooked on hand-ground pour over for a while now. If it gets better I'm not sure I want to know about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our local has better coffee AND loose leaf tea, which I buy

Nov 27, 2020, 11:35 AM

by the half-pound.

Starbucks is over-processed and over-marketed. But I will drink it on the road. It's reliable. I will given them that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 414
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic