»
Topic: "Shhhhhh" Be silent. Don't say a word. Just let it happen.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 3:37 PM by: CUTiger1989®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 29  

"Shhhhhh" Be silent. Don't say a word. Just let it happen.

[46]
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 4:37 PM

Re: "Shhhhhh" Be silent. Don't say a word. Just let it happen.

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 6:21 PM

*crickets chirping*

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 6:25 PM

What response were you looking for?

I wasn't. Just playing off the subject line.

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 6:42 PM

The image just says it all.

Ohhh. Got it.

[1]
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 8:45 AM

And yes, the pic says it all.

It say a thousand words ... which isn't silent.***

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 3:36 PM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Re: "Shhhhhh" Be silent. Don't say a word. Just let it happen.

[2]
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 6:29 PM

Pitchfork Ben??

Of course. ;)***

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 6:42 PM

You re way over most heads here***

[1]
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 7:19 PM

"Pitchfork" needs to walk the Sakerlina campus at

[2]
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 7:22 PM

midnight on Halloween and repronounce the curse. I think a fresh infusion is what the doctor--or congressman--ordered.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

The definition of awesome!

[1]
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 7:23 PM

One-eyed willy?

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 11:35 PM

This is a CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[2]
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 8:34 PM

Congrats on one of the best posts ever on this board. The greatest insult of all is to completely ignore them and let the man weave his magic. They are so clueless that they don't even know it's happening and there's not a thing they can do to prevent it. Bravo, sir!

Is he planning a lynching or a riot?***

[1]
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 8:59 AM

He's planning a coot beatdown***

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 7:42 AM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

soon***

[1]
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 9:15 AM

SOON.

Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:24 PM

*L* Nice.

Soon...***

Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:27 PM

2019 student level member

Re: Soon...***

Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:56 PM

Very soon, coots.

Soon...

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 12:16 AM

Eddie Munster looks creepy in the background.***

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 3:37 PM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Looks like Fritz Hollings in 19th century clothes***

[1]
Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:37 AM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I Think He's Back From His Long Vacation***

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 12:23 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

He's always around, lurking in the mist...***

Posted: Oct 25, 2012 3:37 PM

TFL

[3]
Posted: Oct 25, 2012 4:06 PM

They don't have academic standards high enough to preclude athletes, like say ... Duke, Northwestern or Vanderbilt ... so talent shouldn't be a problem. As an independent in the '80s, they lost to The Citadel (Div I-AA), Furman (Div I-AA), Hawaii (twice) and Pacific when all four of those schools were simply horrible. To top it off, all of these losses came at home. In 1987, during their one chance to gain some national prominence, they were 9-0 until they lost to one of the poorest teams in the country that season -- Navy.

They played 100 years without ever winning a bowl game and have appeared in only 12.

In Lou Holtz' first year, he inherited a 1-10 team which went on to lose 11 games the next season -- at the time it was the longest losing streak in the country and still in the top 10. They have the Chicken Curse, which was put upon them by Clemson's Ben "Pitchfork" Tillman, because the Legislature of South Carolina didn't want Clemson to exist. Tillman and Thomas Greene Clemson (among others) fought tooth and nail to create a land grant institution for the state's poor farmers. Because of Tillman's frustration over the Legislature's snub, he slammed a pitchfork into the ground of South Carolina's campus and declared them "cursed." The Curse is what we sometimes point to as an ongoing cause for the Bobby Cremin's fiasco, the above losses to lesser teams, the first round Big Dance chokes against Coppin State and Richmond ... the list is endless. At one point during a recent season, the university even hired a witch doctor to attempt to remove the curse prior to a televised game against Georgia. Yep. You guessed it. They lost.

They have an overall losing record in football, which in and of itself is a mystery, because they have over twice as many alumni and plenty of money to compete with the majority of college programs in existence. Even Lou Holtz has an overall losing record and is an underdog to Georgia after an embarrassing loss to Virginia on national television this past weekend. Finally, don't forget that their greatest player ever, arguably, Heisman Trophy winner George Rogers, never scored a touchdown against Clemson. If those reasons don't get them in the Top 10 worst, then your rankings are completely bogus.

"your rankings"? whose were you talking about? ;)***

Posted: Oct 28, 2012 2:08 PM

It's time.***

Posted: Nov 18, 2012 2:36 AM

I'm baaaaack.***

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 6:43 PM

And, can you believe Administration thought of tearing down

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 7:11 PM

Tillman Hall back in the 60's before finally renovating it with new metal windows, etc.

GoTiGERs...GoBen...beat the Cocks!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: And, can you believe Administration thought of tearing down

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 3:23 PM

No, I wasn't aware of that. Did they also consider doing because of the civil rights movement? I have to say, that is the only thing that has ever really bothered me about the Tillman name still on the building.

Replies: 29  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: I have the following tickets for the Wake Forest game. Venmo, ApplePay, Cash App, Zelle and PayPal f...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
5832 people have read this post