Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New to Tigernet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New to Tigernet

Dec 17, 2018, 11:47 AM

No I'm not new.

There should be a minimum numbers of posts that must be made, posts read, or time logged in to Tigernet before the thumbs down button is unlocked.

TNET is not for the faint of heart, sensitivity, or for those who don't understand the world in which he/she has slipped into.

If this doesn't apply to you then please take it with a grade of slaw.

P.S. This might be my first TNET rant. Critique and sarcasm are welcomed responses so that I may improve upon my future endeavors. TIA in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do

Dec 17, 2018, 11:53 AM

wat?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Do

Dec 17, 2018, 11:54 AM

Critique noted. Your response will be considered before making any future posts.

Thank you!

She said

Dec 17, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Do ]

No I'm not new.

There should be a minimum numbers of posts that must be made, posts read, or time logged in to Tigernet before the thumbs down button is unlocked.

TNET is not for the faint of heart, sensitivity, or for those who don't understand the world in which he/she has slipped into.

If this doesn't apply to you then please take it with a grade of slaw.

P.S. This might be my first TNET rant. Critique and sarcasm are welcomed responses so that I may improve upon my future endeavors. TIA in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Do

Dec 17, 2018, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Do ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Is that a Neti pot for the ears?***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think only paying members can use the Thumbs Down button

Dec 17, 2018, 11:57 AM

Anybody can press the Thumbs Down button, but unless you have the little circle R beside your name, it doesn't go through.

Anybody can give Thumbs Up, though...

At least that's how I understand the rules.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: New to Tigernet

Dec 17, 2018, 12:01 PM

I still don’t know the point of TigerPulse. And I don’t care about being downvoted. Downvote away.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:19 PM

It's a Grade of Slaw meter / coot flag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 17, 2018, 12:34 PM

So the implication is that if you have an opinion different from everyone else, you must not be a true Clemson fan. That’s some great groupthink encouragement there. Hitler would be proud.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:35 PM

Amazing. Every word in that sentence is wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 17, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New to Tigernet ]

Actually your assessment is the opposite of the intention of my op.

I'm suggesting that the TD button should not be used lightly. It should not be clicked simply because you disagree with or don't understand someone's post.

It should be used by those in-the-know who have the experience to distinguish between what belongs and what does not belong in appropriate message board discussions.

Sarcasm, tomfoolery, and opinions are welcome.

Coot trolling and inappropriate comments are the main reason the TD should be used.

Also, always give the thumbs down to coots unless they claim Clemson's rightful superiority.

Who is your favorite coot to give TD's,

Dec 17, 2018, 12:54 PM

other than GWPTiger® ?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Who is your favorite coot to give TD's,

Dec 17, 2018, 1:04 PM

Why did you have to wake her up?????

I do not advocate for coots by naming them in a public forum.

Differing opinions are fine but the only true Clemson fans

Dec 17, 2018, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New to Tigernet ]

are the alumni

^^^ This guy gets it!***

Dec 17, 2018, 4:29 PM

Re: Differing opinions are fine but the only true Clemson fans

Dec 17, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Differing opinions are fine but the only true Clemson fans ]

You knew they wasn’t going to fly.. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Differing opinions are fine but the only true Clemson fans

Dec 18, 2018, 3:38 AM [ in reply to Differing opinions are fine but the only true Clemson fans ]

I disagree with that statement cutigerbob. You have to be thankful first for the Town of Clemson for helping to make the University what it is today. And grateful to the Town for dealing with all kinds of fans who invade Clemson several times a year causing chaos and leaving mounds of debris and trash to be processed. And For those who help keep the Town of Clemson and the campus in such beautiful condition. Most important to me are those non alumni who have helped to make up the Clemson Tiger family which is a major part of Clemson’s culture and college experience. As a non alumni but the parent of a Clemson graduate, I feel as much a part of Clemson University and love Clemson as much as my daughter. Herself a 2015 graduate. We both give back to the University that has given so much to us.

And thank you to the people that make up the greatest place I know. The Town of Clemson , SC which is made up of a bunch of great people most who love Clemson University as much as you who are alumni.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's a thumb downs button?

Dec 17, 2018, 12:07 PM

??

Re: What's a thumb downs button?

Dec 17, 2018, 12:28 PM

^^^^^^^^^ ever the optimist

TNET should ban everyone, that will clear up the mess.***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 17, 2018, 12:47 PM

TD'd

Dec 17, 2018, 12:54 PM

Based on your limited posting and experience (that of a 3 year old) with the board I do not accept your TD and request that it be stricken from the record.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:48 PM

I'm new to tnet, I've been a clemson fan since 4th grade (42yrs ago )when my sister went to Clemson. Have been reading tnet for years but only recently joined. I read it 25+ times a day but only log in to make a post, should I log in just to read? Got a TU on my first post and it took me two days to figure out what it was.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:59 PM

Children can only begin to understand language by listening. To truly understand language, they must begin to interact. Please continue to interact and make your opinion known.

However, picking and choosing to read things that interest you may not allow you to understand certain conversations or references that are made. Therefore, giving a TD to a poster making a post simply because you don't understand is the wrong thing to do. That's the point of my original post.

Dec 17, 2018, 3:23 PM

Well I have never TU or TD , but I think I'm out of here. I really haven't enjoyed it as much since I joined. I'm going to think about it a day or two. I only joined for that one post anyway

Dec 17, 2018, 3:36 PM

Dec 17, 2018, 4:19 PM

Exactly my point.

Your pulse is 85%. Your original post got 11 TU's...

Dec 17, 2018, 7:59 PM

... You're doing fine. Hang in there and keep posting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 17, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New to Tigernet ]

Why give up now? Hang in there

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Has anyjuan called you a coot yet?

Dec 17, 2018, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New to Tigernet ]

I think somejuan should call you a coot,
COOT!??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To all the newbs

Dec 17, 2018, 3:37 PM

GFY - good for you. TU me. Fight me.

Some of us are noble so that we don't TD Clemson Fans.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:28 PM

As long as no one smells feathers you'll do fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 11:01 PM

I believe the usual criteria apply here...

Would you elect to play defense first?
Pigs or didn't happen
Should we fire Batson?
Do you woo hoo?
How many sea turtles have we saved?
Does crump still live in mom's basement?
Is someone's daughter off limits?
Do you belong to or have you ever been associated with the rag?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic