Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just want to touch on something almost as infuriating as our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 838

Just want to touch on something almost as infuriating as our

Jan 2, 2018, 11:58 AM

offense that I saw multiple times throughout the day yesterday, and it would be this commercial.

I find this to be similar to an advertisement promoting heroin to children, just try it once, you'll like it! Yes baby girl, you're learning to drive, but no worries hunni, just hit the assist button and indulge in your fantasy land day dream as you speed down a crowded roadway...The car will take care of you! Whoever came up to this should be ashamed of themselves, this is a horrible message to send to young drivers, who generally speaking are already overly distracted an awful behind the wheel. I'm not big on big government, but something must be done to stem this casual approach to driving multi ton vehicles. Shame on you Nissan, shame on you for this commercial, the Leaf, the Cube, and what you've done to the Pathfinder. Never will I consider your somewhat intriguing Titan with a Cummins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRc-00EEjQ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just want to touch on something almost as infuriating as our

Jan 2, 2018, 12:02 PM

how old do you think she is? Def not 16, more like 19....hopefully....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old enough to have lost interest in Star Wars***

Jan 2, 2018, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old enough to bleed

Jan 2, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just want to touch on something almost as infuriating as our ]

due to car accident you gutter minded freaks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who works with teenagers

Jan 2, 2018, 12:08 PM

They're significantly less street smart and aware, and more overly confident than we were at their age. I'm terrified that most of them drive at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've also sensed a lack of risk aversion in people these

Jan 2, 2018, 12:16 PM

days. Whether it be the kids around campus darting in front of cars while glued to their phones, or swimming from the rowing docks to Y beach with nothing more than a noodle on July 4th weekend while drunken boaters swerve to avoid them, something does seem to be missing. Probably has a lot to do with technology/video games.

Of course, I've seen some people my age and older who I have no idea how they've survived as long as they have. Pure luck. I bet I see at least 3-4 people over the course of a week I could abduct with very little effort.

Weird thing to think about

Jan 2, 2018, 12:23 PM

but you're probably right.

Maybe it's just bc we grew up poor in North Charleston before my parents made it big and it was more important to keep your head on a swivel, with all the thugs and cops around and all.

Just kind of surprising to me it doesn't happen more often

Jan 2, 2018, 12:37 PM

Same with college kids getting hit by cars. I'll drive through campus on the way to Seneca in the mornings sometimes, it'll still be fairly dark and foggy, yet there are chicks out jogging by themselves down the 93 bridge without a care in the world. I guess I was just raised to be a little more paranoid than that, I dunno.

You're obviously just a victim blamer

Jan 2, 2018, 4:07 PM

We should teach people not to abduct/rob/murder/rape/drunkenly hit swimmers with boats, not expect people to take precautions to avoid those things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's actually a pretty good business model.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:44 PM [ in reply to I've also sensed a lack of risk aversion in people these ]

I think it's high time that ransom kidnappings become the norm here in the USA. We have the widespread corruption in our law enforcement agencies these days to make it a viable industry. No reason why this shouldn't be as successful here as it is in Hispanic countries, if you ask me.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NorthwestMutual Insurance commercial - gun to my head

Jan 2, 2018, 12:30 PM

If I was out busting my a*ss mowing the yard and my teenage daughter pulls a hissy-fit because I can't take her to see her friend and the answer is building a pool to appease her and the family - I would take a Louisville Slugger to the little beeyatch (not really). But it still infuriates me.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDE-fju7i9Q

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES, I had forgotten about that one...

Jan 2, 2018, 12:38 PM

I had the same reaction when I saw it, I ### sure wouldn't have built the little beyotch a pool. I'd probably throw the lawn mower at her and take away everything she cared about.

Seems like he built the pool for himself, really

Jan 2, 2018, 4:09 PM

Doesn't have to mow the lawn anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually woke up in a decent mode today

Jan 2, 2018, 12:49 PM

And then made a trip to the grocery store.

Lady, I couldn't care less about your cats urinary infection. For the love of all things holy, swipe your card and try to remember your code. Then GTFOOTW!

Mothra bless the cashier. I know she deals with this crap eight hours a day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That tax commercial

Jan 2, 2018, 12:50 PM

With the Bear was pretty freakin weird too.

But those are incredibly dumb

She probably actually thinks that if she does have a wreck

Jan 2, 2018, 12:54 PM

she could drive three-quarters of a car unless she has Liberty Mutual insurance. Those are all my most hated commercials. I hope each of those actors dies a horrible death. But especially snarky three-quarters of a car lady and "break into your happy dance" girl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the possibility of a wreck even registers

Jan 2, 2018, 1:07 PM

With some people. I don't think driverless cars will be made popular because people want them, they'll be made popular because people are too stupid to drive anymore.

Replies: 16
| visibility 838
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic