Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sharty’s Sideline Report: Tech Says Aye and Em
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 718

Sharty’s Sideline Report: Tech Says Aye and Em

Sep 8, 2019, 9:47 PM

What a GD MF clusterfack of a day it was! The SEC officials were clueless and useless. In typical Jimbo fashion his coaches and players were in the way from the outset to the end. Without a doubt the worst sideline experience I’ve ever had! The heat and humidity didn’t help either. I’m really surprised they weren’t hauling people out left and right due to heat exhaustion.
The ATM band was awesome to see as they marched into the stadium. They definitely won the best band in the stadium award. Maybe one day we’ll figure out that more loud instruments are better and we won’t have to use microphones to make them sound louder.
TL16 looked mucho better throwing the ball. We didn’t run it as well but their DL was pretty set on stopping the run. I was a little disappointed in our WRs, too many drops and/or routes run wrong.
Our defense continues to impress, tackling by the DL was better than against GT.

TL;DR: Jimbo is still a dinkhead, only now he’s an SEC dinkhead so it means more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a good look for you when Lawrence went down on the roughing.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:53 PM

Kind of watched the ball float of over your head and then had that W T F just happened and who wants a fresh ball look going on. Keep up the good work.

saw that and was about to tell SheGUAR "Hey, there's Shawty"

Sep 9, 2019, 8:11 AM

but then didn't because it wouldn't make any sense

On my rewatch yesterday, I paused it and said "hey look,

Sep 9, 2019, 9:57 AM

aww, nevermind"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here.

Sep 9, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to saw that and was about to tell SheGUAR "Hey, there's Shawty" ]

"Hey look, it's my midget internet friend!" just doesn't seem as cool once the words have left your mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a question.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:58 PM

Did any of the "injured" TAMU defensive players walk off the field near you? If so, could you hear them audibly laughing about how they scammed the system, or was it only a knowing smile?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said it once and I'll say it again

Sep 9, 2019, 4:49 AM

Chad Morris will end up at Texas A&M. Big win for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo was an investment and a pretty good coach.

Sep 9, 2019, 6:20 AM

If Chad ends up there it will be a good 6 years minimum. Plus they'll pass on him even then because Chad's laying eggs at Arkansas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad will be a coordinator or coaching a much smaller

Sep 9, 2019, 6:49 AM [ in reply to I've said it once and I'll say it again ]

school in a few years. I think he got too big, too fast.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the Chad is lucky

Sep 9, 2019, 7:47 AM

He’ll wind up at Rice and if he’s smart, he’ll retire from there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

You got to stick with what you're good at.

Sep 9, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Chad will be a coordinator or coaching a much smaller ]

Just because you create an innovative offense coaching Texas high school football does not make you a successful D1 coach, much less a natty head coach.

You can be a former college walk-on, then coach a while and quit to sell real estate, then become a WR coach then a head coach and win two nattys. Same token you can rule Texas high school football, graduate to D1 and be an above average OC, then fail miserably as a head coach. Being a head coach is a different animal than being an OC or DC, and being a OC or DC is a different animal than being a position coach. And all of that is different than being a high school coach.

Trick is to find someone who knows, and is comfortable around, the entire animal kingdom. That's your good head coach. Honestly, that's your good person who will be good at anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad should be a life coach for half the lounge.

Sep 9, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Chad will be a coordinator or coaching a much smaller ]

"Move up, move fast, and move on before they figure out your bullshittt" has been a credo of mine for decades now, and the Chad pulls it off as well as anyone I've seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 718
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic