Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 153
| visibility 51

Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB

May 14, 2013, 6:50 AM

Want to see faith manifested. Then bet with me. If Clemson University honors God after all of their football and basketball Games and becomes a Light to the World, then Clemson Football and Clemson Basketball will win Both Championships this year. ....I wrote this earlier

Call me crazy but everything is set into place. Clemson not only represents a University but a University Under God The Father. I have never met a Clemson fan who wasn't a good person. Clemson is more than sports. It is a community that loves and helps people, it is the way that it should be. Being a Clemson Tiger is a light in a world of darkness. We unlike other fans, give respect to our hosts, because we know who we are and where we are headed. This year Clemson Sports will show the world that there is something beyond the Sport, There is a message. Through God all things are possible. So stay strong Clemson Nation. Don't let the enemy steer you away. The best place to be at now is Clemson University. You heard, saw it here first, This is going to be a magical season! Be prepared for winning and having fun because This is what Clemson is going to do!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God I love your faith...

May 14, 2013, 7:24 AM

mountain-moving stuff here.

This said, you may be a little whacked.

But I still love your faith, vision, and belief.

Faith in the sports God?***

May 14, 2013, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB

May 14, 2013, 7:34 AM

God rewards obedience but do you really think he cares who wins a football game? Show me another college HC more obedient than Mark Richt. Cool story though.

Who is mark Richt?***

May 14, 2013, 7:45 AM

Re: Who is mark Richt?***

May 14, 2013, 8:32 AM

He's the guy who's been pretty subservient to the University of Florida for the last twelve years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God works in Mysterious Ways, Does God Not?

May 14, 2013, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB ]

and with an entire nation watching College football, maybe they would get a message from Clemson if The University represented God and was a beacon to others.......

maybe you need to go to church...

May 15, 2013, 1:22 AM

and stop watching ESPN...

The bible doesn't talk about football, etc. Come on man...I'm as religious as they come, and as such, I'll stop there and show some humility, but please don't present football as God's message. His name is Jesus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe you dont need to tell me that I should go to church

May 15, 2013, 1:40 AM

and who said I do watch Espn? Are you not going to watch ESPN when Clemson plays and you cannot attend the game? Are you telling yourself to not watch ESPN when Clemson plays on it and you want to see them? Huh? :)

I don't care if the bible doesn't talk about football. You are religious, I am not. I am only concerned about Truth. I am humble sir, You can't tell God what his message is or isn't because God's ways are mysterious and you do not know God and I know Jesus. :) Good Day Sir!

I was making a point...

May 15, 2013, 1:44 AM

You know...like Jesus did. Good night to you as well.

Were you?

May 15, 2013, 1:46 AM

Because that is what I was doing. You as well :)

Re: Were you?

May 15, 2013, 2:21 AM

First off and most importantly let me apologize. It’s probably not a good idea for any of us to bring faith onto a sports board, much less at this hour (2AM for me). However, as I assume most of the responses (which I haven’t the energy to read tonight), I am passionate on the subject. So sincerely, I’m sorry for my lack of tact, I’m sure we can all appreciate our imperfections.

As for the “point” I wanted to make…I’m not sure I could ever have the tact that God’s perfect son had, and as such any implications I may have made towards that should be and are rescinded.

I will however try my best as a student of God’s Word to relate my feelings. First and most importantly, I’d like to make my argument on that basis, so here goes:

Matthew 21:12-14 – This being my main principle in this conversation, may take interpretation, however the “overturning of the tables in the tabernacle” seems a clear indication of God’s and Jesus’ feelings towards relating secular matters (sports) to His Will (the vindication and salvation of His name and the coming of His Kingdom). See further Jesus purpose in the temple afterward in verse 14, the caring for those who came to him searching for truth.

Matthew 4:1-11 – While Jesus was “all things to all men” (1 Cor. 9:19-23), the way he did that was not to appeal to what ‘they liked.’ There are countless examples of this, yet my personal favorite is the most extreme, his temptations from Satan himself. When pushed to the limit that none of us as imperfect humans can truly grasp, he relied on God and His Word, without trying to relate it to something else (Matt. 4:4).

Listen Sir, I appreciate your love for Clemson Sports. I too am on your side in this matter. As humans, God wants us to enjoy life (Ecc. 11:9). However, I just can’t side with you on his blessing for a National Title. I want it as much as the next ‘orange-blooded’ fan. I enjoy the clever and humorous relations to Clemson and religion that have been tossed about by members on this board, and can appreciate that those relations can’t be made without a respect for a higher power, but I suppose I just didn’t ‘take’ to your view.

I’m sorry again if I approached this wrong, and as we all have to do before God and each other, I ask your forgiveness as I forgive others. No harm, no foul I hope. All the best and I hope you understand. As for now, I’m off to bed. Feel free to T-Mail if you feel the need to discuss. Thanks to all for your consideration.

GO TIGERS!

you are Forgiven Brother. Lets try to be an example

May 16, 2013, 2:08 AM

for others. That we are good men, Under the Authority of God and we care, love and protect others that need a an honest hand

May 14, 2013, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB ]

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

So all the Hindus and Muslims (as an example) who don't

May 14, 2013, 8:04 AM

believe in God but are still successful Clemson graduates are what..? Or does Clemson violate the laws and not admit students who aren't Christians?

I admire your faith, but think your heart is a little misplaced.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are you to know what a person believes?

May 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

This is assumption. I do not deal with assumption. I deal with facts, truth and law.

Who are you to make assumptions that because

May 14, 2013, 10:19 AM

you believe in Christ and eternal salvation that everyone who attends your school does. Also, you contradict yourself. Either you deal in faith or you deal in fact. Faith is belief without proof, without fact to back it up. I admire your faith, but to say that Clemson is a christian school or that the school's faith in God will lead to victory in a game is absurd.

I was merely stating the fact that belief in God does not necessarily affect success, as some people who do not believe in God have a very successful and fulfilling life. Many of them do great things and accomplish much. I'm not talking about just making money, either.

Again, I admire your faith as it is a good thing. However I think your aims are a little misplaced to think God would honor Clemson with wins because they honored Him. I stand by my original statement as well as you do.

Cause there all Clemson students and alumni are christian

May 14, 2013, 8:06 AM

Love the faith in Clemson. But take a chill pill Tim Tebow. Why can't we have faith in stuff without religion coming in to the discussion? If your a christian, do you really believe God is sitting there worrying about a football or basketball game? Especially a basketball game at Clemson?

Haha the Tebow reference is perfect.

May 14, 2013, 8:14 AM

If you are that religious, great, but don't shove it down our throats in a forum about sports.

LOVE the "shove it down our throats" mantra . . . just don't

May 14, 2013, 9:50 AM

read it for crying out loud . . .

Are you taking the time to call out all the incessant bashing by the bashers as "shoving it down your throat" . . .

Or the silliness of gwp and dsp and the lunge Mafioso that wander onto the Mange bored every now and agin ?

Or even the Rev's going on and on about the "Son's of Clemson" stuff - which I love, by the way, each and every time, need more of it . . .

Are you taking the time to post about these 3 quick examples of "shoving stuff down your throat" ?

Relax - breath deep - hit the back button and move along as soon as it turned to parts you don't like . . .

That's what I'm going to do about this rabbit trail part of the thread right now ! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

At least they are talking sports, not religion.***

May 14, 2013, 9:55 AM

There is a difference between religion and Truth.

May 14, 2013, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Haha the Tebow reference is perfect. ]

know the concepts before you make the judgements. I wasn't forcing anything down anyones throat. I just merely made a positive inspiring post about Clemson

Any god worried about a Clemson football game

May 14, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Cause there all Clemson students and alumni are christian ]

while there are children being born with AIDS in Africa doesn't deserve my prayers.

Just my opinion.

That said, I hope you're right about the tigers bringing home the hardware.

What kind of concept do you people have of God?

May 14, 2013, 10:24 AM

Do you think God is concerned about some things and God ignores others? Because it is a football game, God is not concerned? He just sits in the clouds and throws his own parties while you guys down on earth play your little football, as he laughs and is off thinking about wars and divinity? What kind of concept do you people have about God? Is he not with us always? And if God isn't then why is that?

God is present in all activities that include God. If people started remembering and including God into events then maybe God would pay attention to your little football game? Maybe God already does but God just doesn't let you know because no one really has faith in God anymore. Show Faith and maybe God will show up sometimes huh?

You missed my point entirely.

May 14, 2013, 10:44 AM

I would try to explain it again, but given your replies on this thread I don't believe the effort would be successful.

Besides, this is a sports forum: I don't even like talking about religion with close friends and family, so I certainly don't want to get into it here. Everyone is entitled to their own faith and beliefs. I probably shouldn't have made my first post, so we'll just leave it at that.

Re: You missed my point entirely.

May 14, 2013, 11:04 AM

why would you have to explain yourself again if you couldn't do it the first time? That doesn't make any sense. ha. I don't talk about religion or beliefs either, I only write about things that I know to be true. Facts and laws.......

Let me preface this by saying I'm a Christian,

May 14, 2013, 3:18 PM

I have a belief in God, but I'm also a "coot", so this will probably be considered flaming.

But what happens when both teams ask God to carry them to victory before the game starts? Is God going to pick Clemson because it's so holy as you say, or does He remain neutral because both teams asked for help?

Even better, what happens when two Christian colleges play each other... Take for instance if North Greenville (they're considered Christian I think) played Bob Jones University in a sporting event, who'd win based on your faith?

No, Listen. Pay attention. You do not Ask God To Win for You

May 14, 2013, 3:23 PM

You represent as a collective unit a Message that Says that you Stand For God no Matter what the outcome and God will bless you. You have to think deeper than the surface of what I am telling you.

Re: No, Listen. Pay attention. You do not Ask God To Win for You

May 14, 2013, 3:29 PM

That's essentially what you are trying to accomplish here.

Whether it's the team asking for God's help to win, or you asking the fan base to praise God so Clemson can win, you are trying to accomplish the same thing.

I'm not trying to criticize here, but you are trying to put yourself on a pedestal trying to preach to the Clemson faithful on here to praise God so your team can succeed at football.

No. You are not comprehending the True Intent of The Message

May 14, 2013, 3:35 PM

You are only believing what you want to believe. My intentions have nothing to do with what you are projecting them to be.

Okay chief, good luck with the battle.***

May 14, 2013, 3:39 PM

That hes not real.***

May 14, 2013, 8:49 PM [ in reply to What kind of concept do you people have of God? ]

Who isn't real? Who are you saying "isn't real". Be Specific***

May 15, 2013, 1:43 AM

Re: Who isn't real? Who are you saying "isn't real". Be Specific***

May 18, 2013, 6:52 PM

I'm pretty sure he's saying your bearded old man in the clouds isn't real.

Re: Cause there all Clemson students and alumni are christian

May 14, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Cause there all Clemson students and alumni are christian ]

Didn't Tim Tebow win a Heisman and National Championship? Religion? I never said anything about religion, I am referring to God, Universal Law inherent in nature. God doesn't sit anywhere and worry........ If you are under God's will, then God is with you in all the things that you do no matter how "trifling" you think it is.

Isn't Tim Tebow without a job?***

May 14, 2013, 3:52 PM

Re: Cause there all Clemson students and alumni are christian

May 14, 2013, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Cause there all Clemson students and alumni are christian ]

And what about now for Tebow? Did he back down on his faith to cause him to be let go by his NFL team?

I am not Tim Tebows spokesperson.

May 15, 2013, 1:44 AM

I am not concerned about anyone who backs down from showing their faith in God when something doesn't go their way. They are not of my concern :)

Re: I am not Tim Tebows spokesperson.

May 15, 2013, 6:15 PM

So you're saying that Tebow backed down? Really?

Only God knows where Tim Tebow Stands

May 16, 2013, 2:26 AM

if Tebow isn't receiving blessing, it would seem to me that he has allowed sin to enter his life and lead him away from God.. I don't know, I don't keep up with TT.

May 14, 2013, 8:20 AM

Jeez, what is this guy smoking!!
And he hasn't met me yet! :)

I love your confidence...

May 14, 2013, 8:25 AM

And Faith however, God does not bless obedience and curse disobedience.God loves everyone the same and sees all of mankind as those he loves and whom he sent Jesus to die for. Those who receive Jesus have eternal life.those who reject him do not. Our life is not blessed by obedience or cursed by disobedience. Sometimes great Godly people lose, die or whatever.sometimes awful people win and prosper.God isn't handing out blessings to obedient people he gave his gift in jesus.the rewards for faith are coming but not in national titles, it will be much bigger than that, however this side of heaven I hope your right.God bless!

Re: I love your confidence...

May 14, 2013, 10:33 AM

I never wrote anything about God Cursing anyone. Read what I wrote again..........Where did I ever write about God cursing anyone? Do not put words into the context that I did not intend. And if our lives were not blessed by obedience then what are we living for? Do you know the true will of God? Are you really being Obedient to his Will or are you Obedient to the image that they say God is? Of course God has more fruits than National Titles for Clemson........when did I write that this was the extent of his blessing? True believers or *Knowers of Truth have just begun to see what God Will bring those who are obedient to his Will.

Re: I love your confidence...

May 14, 2013, 4:41 PM

If our good works causes God to bless us, He is our puppet boy. I'll do this and God has to respond with a blessing. Faith is what God is after. Faith says win or lose I will praise you and trust you. Faith says winning isnt what matters most anyway. If we teach that God blesses obedience we are also teaching He punishes disobedience. This is not true. Like I said we see too many examples everyday where evil prospers and godly suffer. Life as designed by God comes with circumstances that believers and unbelievers both face alike. If you mistreat your body it will catch up to you. If you mistreat people you will find yourself lonely. If you break laws you will end up in jail. This does not mean God put us in jail.
Doing things with Godly character often has good results but not always and not because God is blessing it. Clemson may win because Dabo and our staff are doing things the right way, but for every godly coach that wins there are three that are equal Godly and will lose their jobs because of it. I am very proud of Clemson's commitment to hiring godly leaders and the character our program strives to reflect. I believe good things uaually come to those who do things the right way but I dont see God sending out blessings on those who do right and vice versa. I see a loving God who loves all people so much he sent Jesus to take away our sin and put His life in those who will believe Him. I dont do right in order to get Gods blessings , I work because I have been blessed by God with eternal life through Jesus Christ. God doesnt get honor out of us working FOR... but working BECAUSE... I'm not trying to be critical, I love your faith, and post I just love for folks to see the true GRACE of the Gospel. Hope you see my heart. You and I are clearly on the same two teams,
Go Jesus and Go Clemson!

When did I ever write that God is Our Puppet? Once again,

May 15, 2013, 1:50 AM

read what I wrote and tell me when I ever wrote that God is our puppet if he blesses us with a win for praising him? You are misrepresenting my message. This is what many did and continue to do to Jesus Christ and his message to this day.......

God WILL bless those who Acknowledge Him and His Son.....This is my message.....

If we win the NC next year in basketball . . .

May 14, 2013, 8:48 AM

it will certainly be a bigger miracle than that stuff about two small fish and a few loaves of bread.

Small fish and a loaf of bread sounds like the BB roster

May 14, 2013, 8:51 AM

;)

When it comes to ACC basketball . . .

May 14, 2013, 9:01 AM

Clemson is Johah, and the rest of the ACC is the whale. Unfortunately, in the Clemson version of the story we are expelled from the other end of the whale.

Why would God forget about baseball, tennis, track, golf

May 14, 2013, 8:50 AM

volleyball, track, rowing, concrete canoe etc?

Does Jack have Jobu doll in the clubhouse or something?

When did I ever write that God Forgot about that?

May 14, 2013, 10:37 AM

God Doesn't forget anything. Show me where I wrote that God Forgets about other events.........

If the University is why football and basketball win

May 14, 2013, 11:25 AM

doesn't it serve to reason that all sports that flow from the "University Under God The Father" would also win national championships.

Maybe God is just more of a fan of football and basketball.

A whole Nation of People Watches Football and Basketball

May 14, 2013, 11:29 AM

That is just the way that it is. If God was going to make a point, he would do it in a way that more people would notice..... Not that he doesn't work on smaller levels as well.......

So God is only out for max PR benefit

May 14, 2013, 1:54 PM

More people watch NFL. Maybe he's going to make the Cowboys win the Super Bowl first and then work his way down to the ACC. If God was going to make a big point, he would make Vandy win the BCS before us. Like Tim Wilson said about BYU, "only God could make 5 white boys win an NCAA tournament game."

I hope you aren't preachin' on Sunday. The congregation might get confused.

IPTAY FAMILY you are not comprehending the message

May 14, 2013, 3:04 PM

God doesn't MAKE a team win anything. God gives people free will. A choice to believe and do things the right way or to choose and do it the wrong way and the wrong way only moves something further away from God. I do not preach. I teach.

What happens if UGA does things the right way too?

May 14, 2013, 3:51 PM

Then how is Clemson going to win the National Championship over them?

I just keep giving you enough rope to twist yourself in a knot.

IFGeorgia acknowledges God too then it could get interesting

May 14, 2013, 4:11 PM

that would be IF Georgia Did That.........but I doubt that they will. This is why I encourage Clemson Nation to! It would be EVEN BETTER if Georgia did.........but will they? It is going to be a very interesting season.

Their stadium holds 90,000 and we only fit around 80,000

May 14, 2013, 4:17 PM

Their school is much larger than ours. So I'd say we are much closer to getting 100% participation than they are.

And since God looks for big places to make his message, what bigger venue than ESPN Gameday on opening weekend? We're a lock!

You are correct!***

May 15, 2013, 1:52 AM

Re: IFGeorgia acknowledges God too then it could get interesting

May 14, 2013, 5:53 PM [ in reply to IFGeorgia acknowledges God too then it could get interesting ]

Seriously? You just judged the Dawg Nation?

doubt doesn't imply judgement.......

May 15, 2013, 1:54 AM

:)

Re: doubt doesn't imply judgement.......

May 15, 2013, 6:16 PM

It does in your case.

and how is that? huh?***

May 16, 2013, 2:37 AM

Re: A whole Nation of People Watches Football and Basketball

May 14, 2013, 2:17 PM [ in reply to A whole Nation of People Watches Football and Basketball ]

lol do you really believe this? Please tell me you are a troll.

null

Re: Why would God forget about baseball, tennis, track, golf

May 14, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Why would God forget about baseball, tennis, track, golf ]

Are you saying Jesus cant hit a curve ball?

null

May 14, 2013, 5:30 PM

Of course he could, but he can't hit a 1 iron.

May 14, 2013, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would God forget about baseball, tennis, track, golf ]

Not that it's easy....

At the risk of getting sucked into this ...

May 14, 2013, 10:58 AM

Folks ragging on the OP for his "Christian rant" need to hit pause and re-read. Aside from athiests, Wiccans and the occasional animist among us, he's fairly generic if over-enthusiastic, in his missive.

I don't predicate my belief on how well Clemson fares on the field of battle, but I do believe that the Almighty has blessed all who stand with Clemson. And I will endorse anyone who wishes to look toward the future with an expectation of greatness. To do otherwise is to expect failure.

He's a little more optimistic than I am on the immediate future of basketball, and I'm not sure why he doesn't share the Almighty's blessings on baseball, soccer, rowing, golf, bass fishing and concrete canoeing. But, such is life.

The Almighty DOES love Clemson and those who share the values that make us a peculiar people. Even if some are a tad more peculiar than others.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

REVDODD,

May 14, 2013, 11:12 AM

"Christian Rant". Read what I posted again. Show me how this is a "christian Rant". Point out what you are referring to because like the other person you are projecting your interpretation of my post in an incorrect way and resending out to the people as if it were my intentions.

Again, When did I ever say that God doesn't bless other sports? You are writing for me now and putting words that and thoughts that I never elaborated on to anyone......

My apologies for not italicizing ....

May 14, 2013, 11:16 AM

...which would have made a considerable difference. I've edited that remark.

That said, if I were "writing for you," you would not have found yourself so embroiled in argument ... and since I cannot tell if that was part or parcel of your original intent, I'll leave it at that.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't have to apologize to me brother

May 14, 2013, 11:24 AM

We are Clemson family. I argue with no one and if you project that I do, then I am keeping the marriage interesting eh? I just write truth and watch how people respond to it. Then I kind of direct the flow if it gets out of hand....

Re: At the risk of getting sucked into this ...

May 14, 2013, 5:34 PM [ in reply to At the risk of getting sucked into this ... ]

Do you believe that the Almighty has blessed all who stand with The University of South Carolina Gamecocks?

If those people who attend South Carolina Acknowledge God

May 15, 2013, 1:56 AM

Then yes God will bless

May 14, 2013, 11:00 AM

> Want to see faith manifested. Then bet with me. If
> Clemson University honors God after all of their
> football and basketball Games and becomes a Light to
> the World, then Clemson Football and Clemson
> Basketball will win Both Championships this year.
> ....I wrote this earlier

Just trying to understand why God would care anything about a mere human sporting event.... I'm sure there are a lot more things he is concerned with such as the destination of many lost souls. I guess you might as well throw in the "pray with me and honor God to win the lottery" while you're at it.

Dang! I KNEW I shouldn't start here...

May 14, 2013, 11:07 AM

...I think the "prosperity gospel" aspect of the OP is what rankles folks. The idea that "if we do this, then God will bless us" has long stuck in my craw.

It's Old Testament thinking that the Almighty would withhold blessings unless we pray for them. He loves Clemson because we are Clemson, the special, semi-crazed collection of souls that he keeps just a step closer to heaven than the rest.

Again, what kind of concept do you have of God and Truth?

May 14, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB ]

Why WOULDNT God care anything for a "mere human sporting event"? God is concerned in ALL things that we do no matter how big or how small you seem to perceive this as.

You think God is concerned about destinations like he is a booking agent for a flight service? God is concerned with ALL things.......but not in the way that you portray God as.....

God is concerned with all things we do on Earth...

May 14, 2013, 11:22 AM

such as praising him and bringing lost souls to his Kingdom. So you are saying the team who looses the football game doesnt honor God? They may honor Him more than Clemson fans, but that doesnt mean they will always win.

Here is what I am saying

May 14, 2013, 11:32 AM

If an entire Clemson Community became a Mouth for God in a world that ignores God, then God would Surely bless the entire People. God Blesses entire nations and people that truly come to him.

I understand that

May 14, 2013, 11:37 AM

but saying He will bless us with winning a mere sporting event ludicrous. He has better ways of blessing us.

No. You dont. You dont get it. And this is why you fail

May 14, 2013, 3:13 PM

It goes from 1,569 people reading an inspirational message and it dwindling down to maybe 30 people that care. You people have no faith anymore. You are drones. You do not believe or know that God can be with you if you put him before all things. Almost 2,000 people read this and now only maybe 30 still pay attention. You people do not have any faith. You don't stick with anything. You don't believe, therefore you do not know and it is sad.

Re: No. You dont. You dont get it. And this is why you fail

May 14, 2013, 5:50 PM

I'm offended at your use of "you people" when you don't know anything about us. This is passive-aggressive judgment you are making of posters on here and fans in general.

First of all you have no idea who I am...

May 15, 2013, 7:04 AM [ in reply to No. You dont. You dont get it. And this is why you fail ]

I do have faith, I have faith that God will watch over me and my family. I have faith he will take care of me and not put anything on me that I can bare by myself. I have faith that he will bless me. But you are right, I dont not have faith that he will make us win just because we worship him. You are whacked out.

When did I ever write that? haha. You are putting words

May 16, 2013, 2:42 AM

and ideas that aren't there...... Quote this proclamation that you have written that I made.......

It is a sin to be too emotionally concerned about football.

May 14, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Here is what I am saying ]

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

Read your own documents, brah.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are YOU to say what IS and ISNT a sin "BRAH"

May 14, 2013, 3:17 PM

YOU are NOT God. And what does that Quote have to do with anything that I was talking about? Why would a God create a World and Not have you to love things that are apart of it? Does that make any sense? Do you read the things that you quote and then you lie and say that this represents me? No that does not represent me. God wouldn't create a world and know that Gods creation would create things like this only to tell people not to love it. Are you blind?

Re: Who are YOU to say what IS and ISNT a sin "BRAH"

May 14, 2013, 3:21 PM

This is very serious, so please do not start posting ad's

May 14, 2013, 3:25 PM

I am asking people to look at something between the lines. Something that could benefit us all, if we understand.

I thought you guys believe the Bible is the Word of God?

May 14, 2013, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Who are YOU to say what IS and ISNT a sin "BRAH" ]

I realize a lot of you guys painstakingly bend interpretation to suit worldly concerns... but are you one of those who does not even pretend to follow the Bible as the Word of God?

It is Me. What part of "You Guys" are you implying that I

May 15, 2013, 1:58 AM

represent?

People have been bending their concept of God to fit their

May 14, 2013, 11:35 AM

worldly interests since the beginning of time. Why stop now? Oh yeah... because it's obviously stupid.

But this isn't my Concept of God and I have nothing to gain

May 14, 2013, 3:28 PM

I do not care if Clemson wins any National Championships, I care about the salvation of my fellow human beings.

You are like a contradiction machine.***

May 14, 2013, 7:26 PM

If I am a contradiction machine, then show others

May 15, 2013, 1:59 AM

Quote my contradictions if I have done so........

May 14, 2013, 11:48 AM

lol... please tell me this is not a serious post....

null

Wow

May 14, 2013, 12:05 PM

How about the U?
Or the rat and Duke's success?

And I love Clemson but I know lots of ungodly jerks who wear the Tiger Paw with pride.

Exactly. Look at the Devils Success. Does the Devil

May 14, 2013, 3:31 PM

Have anyone who is countering him? Or is it a bunch of universities who can see who can profit the most? Has there ever been an opposition to the rule that has gone on for so long?

Wouldn't BYU and Notre Dame play for the MNC every year

May 14, 2013, 12:11 PM

if that was the case?

Mormons aren't Christians in 5..4..3..2..1

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

No. What do those institutions have to do WIth Truth?

May 14, 2013, 3:33 PM

They are just like a reformed church. Their institutions do not represent God, they represent something else.....

Re: No. What do those institutions have to do WIth Truth?

May 14, 2013, 8:23 PM

so...colleges or universities that are Christian do not represent God in anyway and their school is just a plot with false teachings but God will reward Clemson for praying and believing after every game?

Are they? Are they representing and demonstrating

May 15, 2013, 2:02 AM

Truth and Representation of God in the public eye? I haven't seen it, maybe I have overlooked them. Show me that they have.......

When did I ever say that Clemson nation should pray and believe JUST after every game? Huh? You are misrepresenting my message. Many did and continue to do the same thing with the Message of Christ........ :)

May 14, 2013, 12:11 PM

I question anyone one who starts with "God...and bet me" in the same context. There is so much suffering in this world and you want or think God is going to focus on the athletic seasons at Clemson. It reminds me of a show I saw where the coach was praying for his team to have a victory. When it was over one of the kids on his team said "I think we are in trouble coach because they prayed to God for a win too". I have your permission to call you crazy so with your permission "you are crazy".

You are confusing me for some television show my friend

May 14, 2013, 3:39 PM

once again, like the others, you are projecting what you think that I represent. You are not reading the message correctly. You are misapprehending the intent of my entire point. Read what I wrote again. Read my words for what they are. Do not project your thoughts into what I am writing. This is exactly why many have misrepresented and misconstrued the teachings of Christ.

Re: If we win the NC next year in basketball . . .

May 14, 2013, 2:49 PM

The only miracle in bb next year: Beating the Tarholes in Chapel Hill.

Remember the Bowl Win Against LSU A few Months Ago

May 14, 2013, 3:47 PM

This was a magical night for me. It was something personal with me and The Father. It showed me something. The Father showed me something that would happen in that game before it even happened. That night represented more than a game to me. It was another miracle and confirmation that I know God the Father is real and God is out there to help those who believe in him.........This is all I have to say. Enjoy the Season Tiger Fans.

A miracle from God is the only way you beat LSU?

May 14, 2013, 3:52 PM

I'll have to say that one is hard to argue.

May 14, 2013, 3:59 PM

I hate to break the news to you, but the people who followed Jesus in the BIBLE were either crucified or beheaded except for John. The world is not kind the Christians. That is why Jesus said, "I am not of this world."

I hate to break the news to YOU......... BUT

May 14, 2013, 4:17 PM

these are different times we are living in my friend......

Re: I hate to break the news to YOU......... BUT

May 14, 2013, 6:40 PM

You are right,we are living in different times,times change,situations change, people change but my God never changes!Jesus Christ the same today,yesterday and forever

"YOUR GOD"? Are you implying ownership of God?

May 15, 2013, 2:05 AM

I don't think that it is "YOUR GOD"......now is it? Who are you to say that God doesn't change? Are God's ways understandable to you? In a world and in creation that constantly evolves and changes, you do not think that God is involved with this? :) Christ came as a lamb, he will return as a Lion.......:)

May 14, 2013, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB ]

Amen. The prosperity Gospel of Health and wealth and national championships makes God gag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s

You don't know God, writing that God "Gags" is blasphamy.

May 15, 2013, 2:08 AM

I wouldn't write that about The Creator :)

Revelation 3:14-22

May 15, 2013, 3:02 PM

Lukewarm Christians makes God gag or "spit them out"

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

i will gladly take your bet

May 14, 2013, 4:59 PM

name your price. heck, I will bet Clemson BB doesnt make the Sweet 16.

I dont believe God is worried about outcomes of games.
He didnt create football. he didnt create the NC.
now I will agree that Satan (ESPN) created the SEC.

if you look throughout your bible, you will see that we were placed here to love Him and others more than we love ourselves.
and that has NOTHING to do with Clemson winning ANYTHING....

I think your post is Flame bait. well done.

It isn't "My bible" I didn't write it. I do not own it.

May 15, 2013, 2:10 AM

You are misrepresenting my message. When do I ever write about the things that you falsely accuse me of? :)

I'm a Christian, but don't believe God cares one way or...

May 14, 2013, 7:40 PM

the other about sports.

That is your belief. I am not concerned about beliefs....

May 15, 2013, 2:11 AM

I am only concerned with the truth. You can continue to believe whatever you want, God gives you free will.

Oh god ...

May 14, 2013, 7:53 PM

Please save us from your followers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

blacksteakhouse

May 14, 2013, 8:01 PM

Has great faith in Clemson , but prays to god to arbitrarily assist us to national championships in two sports .
The absurdity of such nonsense made me comment...I didnt want to , I had to. If god is a Clemson lean and prayer boosts our chances , sign me up and point me to the Church of the Divine Tiger because I got some prayer coupons I need to "redeem".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You are misrepresenting my message.

May 15, 2013, 2:12 AM

You are also being blasphemous. This isn't wise.

i'd say he's no more blasphemous than you are being.***

May 15, 2013, 8:35 AM

you'd say but you aren't allowed too.Sharpen your perception

May 16, 2013, 2:49 AM

this is why you will not be a judge.

May 14, 2013, 8:43 PM

I think this fantastic quote from one of the greatest works of art of the 21st century wraps up this post better than any of us can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki5eO4w1HxA

May 14, 2013, 9:04 PM

I have never met a Clemson fan who wasn't a good person

Everyone (for the most part) tries to be a good person. That is at any University.

We unlike other fans, give respect to our hosts, because we know who we are and where we are headed

No. Every fan base has bad fans including Clemson.

I am truly embarrassed. . .

May 14, 2013, 9:41 PM

that "blakestackhouse" purports to be a Clemson fan. I can only hope that he is not an alum.

Your Embarrasment is not of my concern

May 15, 2013, 2:14 AM

I also do not care for your hopes if your hope involves the misfortune of others....

May 14, 2013, 10:04 PM

LOL at this dude thinking there arent any "Bad people" in Clemson's fanbase. Thats about as jaded thinking as ive ever seen. Every fanbase has them, its just human nature.

May 14, 2013, 10:26 PM

"Clemson is more than sports. It is a community that loves and helps people, it is the way that it should be. Being a Clemson Tiger is a light in a world of darkness. We unlike other fans, give respect to our hosts, because we know who we are and where we are headed. This year Clemson Sports will show the world that there is something beyond the Sport"

Yeah, you give a lot of respect to everyone right? Except our commander-in-chief...
http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/oconee-pickens-news/President-Obama-booed-during-Clemson-game/-/9654906/17111956/-/jygtdr/-/index.html

Don't you think true Christians wouldn't do this? And Clemson isn't as nice to everyone as you think. No fans act the way you think your beloved Tiger fans do. Get off your high horse and back to reality.

This is my vision. Why do you condemn me

May 15, 2013, 2:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Will Win The 2014 National Championship in FB and BB ]

for purposing something positive that glorifies God?

Very funny. You had me before.***

May 15, 2013, 11:12 AM

May 14, 2013, 10:24 PM

If you guys win the national title in hoops, I'd consider that to be the seventh seal of the apocolypse.

Re: Remember the Bowl Win Against LSU A few Months Ago

May 15, 2013, 12:07 AM

I think you are taking 4th and 16 a little to serious

Somebody done somebody wrong song...

May 15, 2013, 1:55 AM

Yeah ! You told him...ehh..or he told you , uhh , err somebody told somebody something about themselves...somewhere. Reminds me of an old Charlie Pride song .

DB23

This is one seriously

May 15, 2013, 3:27 AM

caustic religious nutjob we have here. I have no issue with someone speaking their mind but this type of sanctimonious garbage is the mark of the mentally deficient. Mods ? Hello ?

DB23

May 15, 2013, 8:29 AM

Wow, just wow. Only on a Clempson site. I read the comments on this site to give me a laugh to start my morning, but this should give me comic relief for the rest of this week. Wow, talk about a couple of bricks shy of a full load, this guy takes the cake.

I have what he's smoking/drinking....***

May 15, 2013, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this real life?***

May 15, 2013, 8:56 AM

He's trolling. Look at his profile. Maybe a coot. Or maybe

May 15, 2013, 11:12 AM

just some guy trying to cause a reaction to get us bent out of shape.

Re: He's trolling. Look at his profile. Maybe a coot. Or maybe

May 15, 2013, 6:23 PM

No doubt.

There you go againTelling people what to think about someone

May 16, 2013, 3:15 AM

before the person can read and take in the facts and judge for themselves.... No doubt that your inclinations about me are in fact wrong. :) Good day Sir.

Wow.

May 15, 2013, 8:36 PM

It's pathetic how little of a life the troll that started this thread has.

Clearly a Coot or Pup fan who thinks they're cleverly satirizing some of the sentiments expressed here from time to time. That or this idiot is crazy.

Clearly delusional...

May 15, 2013, 8:43 PM

but I appreciate his sentiment, whether a troll or not. It could happen...

Am I Clearly Delusional? Clearly you are no Therapist.

May 16, 2013, 3:12 AM

because a therapist would have to know everything about reality and perception to have the authority to call someone delusional. correct? Yes, it could happen......

Warning. You are judging me and telling others to judge me

May 16, 2013, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Wow. ]

according to what you write. But you do not know who I am or how "pathetic" I may or may not be. You hold no evidence against me, you do not know me. In these times now, it isn't wise to Judge and Condemn someone like me. :)

Re: Warning. You are judging me and telling others to judge me

May 16, 2013, 12:01 PM

Yeah, whatever troll.

When all else fails and I prove my Facts. They will submit

May 17, 2013, 9:33 AM

and call me a troll. Calling me a troll is like waving a white flag. It is like saying, " you are right, there is nothing that I can think say or write about it but I am just going to be an anyways and type "troll". This is selfish, spoiled, child behavior......

May 16, 2013, 12:27 AM

Just when you think Tigernet can't get any more weird. This happens. Amateur theologian hour! Cue Ray Lewis screaming vague references to Scripture...now.

You can only call something or someone Weird When

May 16, 2013, 3:08 AM

you know everything that there is about reality. Correct? Something tells me that you don't know everything about what goes on, so therefore you never again have the authority to call someone or something weird and it hold any value. :)

I have faith, but faith in God versus faith in Men is a

May 16, 2013, 6:45 AM

Large jump to take. I know God can do all things, but I also know all things happen for a reason. To actually carry out the miracle you discussed I believe it would require the entire roster to follow your advice and knowing they are fallable men...I watch marriages at my church breakup and think What the Heck? The first time was the hardest and that's when I realized that it's one thing to talk the talk, walking the walk is a much different story. Too many just don't.

So, I would give the chance of Us winning both of those about the same as Obama being impeached.

If the Clemson Football team Knew this

May 16, 2013, 9:16 AM

if they all knew, if Dabo told them to believe that God would carry them through the season and if they all believed then no one is going to beat Clemson this year. No one. If all of those players put their faith in God and in Christ and knew they were destined to win it all, then they would win it all. I wish the team could see this whole thread. Dabo is a good man, he needs to put God first in all of their lives and then the ultimate will happen. I KNOW THIS.

PLEASE TAKE THIS BACK OUT OF THE JOUNGE***

May 16, 2013, 7:02 AM

We're being punished for something.***

May 16, 2013, 9:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz"

May 16, 2013, 9:24 AM

Dude, it doesn't work like that.

If you think that what I am doing is the same thing as

May 17, 2013, 9:30 AM

a person asking for a car, then what does that say about yourself?

Bestest thread ever

May 18, 2013, 7:02 PM

Can't believe I haven't seen it until now.

Share it with Others...***

May 22, 2013, 7:26 AM

Replies: 153
| visibility 51
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic