Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welp, lil'APM gradjeeated last night and APM has failed as a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Welp, lil'APM gradjeeated last night and APM has failed as a

May 21, 2020, 10:17 AM

father.

lil'APM's high school had online graduation yesterday, on the day they would have graduated in person. They did a good job under the circumstances. There were many highlights but at the end they had video messages from Frank Beamer, Bennett from UVA, and Tiki Barber, who is also an alum of lil'APM's high school (Tiki & Ronde and JJ Reddick are the school's most famous alums, and Jen Lilley, a Hallmark actress).

Anyhoo, in case you're wondering, lil'APM ain't going to Clemson. He did a visit to humor me, but homie's final three were UVA, William & Mary, and Elon. He's going to Elon as a Communications Fellow. Very proud and he made the right choice for him. But dang I wanted a reason to buy a condo on the lake sooner rather than later. Oh well. Couldn't do that now anyhow, being that I have to finance college for him and his sister.

#prayforAPM
#sendmoney

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finance college for 2 kids?

May 21, 2020, 10:21 AM

I'd be careful about that. They need skin in the game. It's their edumication. They don't need dey daddy making student loan payments until he's 70.

I also understand not wanting them to have debt, but like WELCOME TO LIFE. Figger it out.

That's my 2 cents that you were begging for you know you were.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh he does/will. I need help with just our portion.***

May 21, 2020, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shame..you forgot Tyler Lumsden as a fellow Cave Spring grad

May 21, 2020, 10:21 AM

And you call yourself a Tiger. Pshaw....

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And another thing Reddick was most famous for at Cave Spring

May 21, 2020, 10:25 AM

Smoking more weed than anyone in his class according to a reliable source who played baseball at Cave Spring and Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Chickfila on University Drive

May 21, 2020, 10:23 AM

is *chefs kiss*

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Maybe so, but it ain't got nuttin on

May 21, 2020, 10:27 AM

The popeyes next to Carolina Pottery on HWY 1, near I-26.

*chef's kiss*

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I swear to God. Don't make me take my mask off

May 21, 2020, 10:28 AM

and kiss you right on the lips.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been to this establishment

May 21, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, but it ain't got nuttin on ]

and ryanadidas is right

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welp, lil'APM gradjeeated last night and APM has failed as a

May 21, 2020, 10:25 AM

Congrats! You do not seem old enough to have kids that age. Or you have doctored up your Linkedin profile. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better throw some money at the Phoneix Club NOW.

May 21, 2020, 10:44 AM

You know those 11 thousand seats will sell out quick on the heels of that stellar 5-6 season last year.

#ClassOfTheCAA

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$200k

May 21, 2020, 10:48 AM

Nice

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do whut now?***

May 21, 2020, 10:52 AM

quick Google search said $50k per year, assuming he makes it

May 21, 2020, 10:53 AM

4 years, that is $200k.

Nice

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw main. That's the BS sticker price. It's all a game in

May 21, 2020, 11:07 AM

higher ed these days.

Elon turned out to be as affordable as UVA and W&M (actually cheaper than W&M). Schollies for us poors, the fellowship, etc.

The tuition you see is never what you actually pay these days. It's some bullchit main.

Oh yeah, I get that. Wife is a HS Guidance Counselor and

May 21, 2020, 11:19 AM

I get all the 411 on the local Tech schools as well.

jk, congrats on getting one kid in college. We've got a LONG way to go for us.

when middle child went to private Roanoke College, it cost

May 21, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Naw main. That's the BS sticker price. It's all a game in ]

about the same as state school JMU, even though their list price was double JMU's. It supposedly helps the prestige of the small private liberal arts colleges to have a high list price. RC said only 2% of their students paid list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh yeah, enjoy the lottery money subsidy and in-state tuitio

May 21, 2020, 11:28 AM

...oh,wait.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah it is probably only $18.5k

May 21, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Naw main. That's the BS sticker price. It's all a game in ]

I thought William and Mary was expensive as ####

Sweet looking college though, love the feel of it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

W&M is a state school. Selective though. As is UVA.

May 21, 2020, 12:04 PM

Neither are cheap.

Congrats!! The Fightin' Elionites!! (crass wife went thar)***

May 21, 2020, 10:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I always thought Tiki went to Tabb HS

May 21, 2020, 11:02 AM

but that was Terry Kirby. Another great

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elon is great - start thinking about where you’re going to

May 21, 2020, 11:05 AM

plant his oak tree.

Don’t worry about the money, I’m sure he can make enough working behind a glory hole to graduate with money in the bank.

(Real pro tip - after each semester go back to financial aid and see what has become available. Most people only apply as freshmen and there is a lot of stuff that opens up especially for sophomores from folks that lost scholarships due to freshman partying. )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

You seem familiar with Elon. Got connections there?***

May 21, 2020, 12:02 PM

Good friend’s son graduated from there 2 years ago

May 21, 2020, 1:23 PM

He had a great experience, got a good education and they helped him get a job in his field (cinematic music composition). His employer, I don’t remember which studio, also paid for his masters that he just graduated from.

The connections he made at Elon have really got him on the fast track.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

it was probably the hoops games we took him too

May 21, 2020, 11:06 AM

i blame Brown L

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good point - another inexplicable BB loss***

May 21, 2020, 12:01 PM

My brother got his DPT there, hope he learns to like Red Oak***

May 21, 2020, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

From my experience

May 21, 2020, 12:39 PM

You learn to NOT like Red Oak, cause that #### gets nasty once you have literally any other beer.

Do not help support the Greenvillization of the lake

May 21, 2020, 12:31 PM

by buying a ####### condo. All lake condos should be burned down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he's certainly NOT a Clemson Fellow

May 21, 2020, 12:33 PM

so, color me not impressed

Re: Well he's certainly NOT a Clemson Fellow

May 21, 2020, 12:59 PM

you cold as ice

Hell yes I am

May 21, 2020, 1:02 PM

but congrats to the Young G

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic