Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful

Apr 15, 2018, 8:12 AM

All the guy did was win a ACC championship, beat the pisss out of the coots and lead his team to #1 regular season ranking going 12-1 in the process. Not to mention following the foot steps of maybe one of the best QB's to ever play college football.

I bet some of you forget the show he put on in Charlotte at the ACC championship game...

Yeah we didn't beat Alabama.... it wasn't all his fault. The OL was horrible and our receivers didn't help him either.

KB is the starter, get over it! I'm sure TL will get some playing time but stop with all this disrespect to a guy who took us back to the playoffs.

It's shameful and honestly shows how spoiled some of you have become.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and I are thinking a lot of the same things this morning***

Apr 15, 2018, 8:15 AM

Although I would not be surprised if he is not named the starter for the first game. Either way he deserves more respect than what many are giving him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You and I are thinking the same thing this morning***

Apr 15, 2018, 8:16 AM

it's crazy... KB IMO did a terrific job last season....and for "Clemson people" to talk about him like this is disgraceful

Re: You and I are thinking the same thing this morning***

Apr 15, 2018, 8:25 AM

https://giphy.com/gifs/usa-freedom-countries-k61nOBRRBMxva

Is that you Walt?

Apr 15, 2018, 8:15 AM

sounds like you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful

Apr 15, 2018, 8:18 AM

Is this a football team we’re talking about here? You know, a man’s sport?

The best player should play and there’s nothing wrong with discussing who that is....

What Kelly Bryant did last season means nothing. Did you see how quickly Saban went with the highly touted freshman? Was he worried about what Jalen Hurts did in the past?

Grow a pair.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:20 AM

How quickly? lol... you mean the 2nd half of the last game of the season.... that quickly?

Apr 15, 2018, 8:45 AM

How quickly? lol... you mean the 2nd half of the last game of the season.... that quickly?

Look, I'm the biggest KB fan there is. He went to school at Wren less than a mile from where I used to live and his toughness, leadership, and production were manifest last year. He threw for 2,800+ yards, ran for 665 more...accounting for almost 3,500 yards of production, not bad. He completed 65.8% of his passes (very good!) and accounted for 24 touchdowns (13 passing, 11 rushing). He also kept the ball largely out of danger, only throwing 8 picks along the way.

He was tough. He was efficient. And more importantly he kept the team moving forward and winning the year after we lost our all-time best QB.

I would certainly buy the guy a beer. Heck, I'd buy the guy a beer 20 years from now. He did good and he's certainly earned my respect and admiration for all time. Is he a Ring of Honor guy? Probably not...but he's one heckuva Clemson man and overcoming all he did in terms of health and coming from where he did in Calhoun Falls from a wing-T offense...again, dude did tremendously.

I'm a huge Kelly Bryant fan. He's an easy guy to admire and root for.

That said...it appears he's caught a perfect storm. There are three killers lined up behind him right now who can sling it all over the lot...and to judge from yesterday, Bryant was clearly the fourth-best QB among the four and was very much feeling the pressure of that. Which is actually kind of astounding, when you consider what he accomplished last year, and it tells you exactly how good the three newbs are.

This does not, to my mind, mean KB suddenly is terrible. His stats last year and win-loss record clearly indicate the dude can play. Did he have obvious problems throwing beyond 20 yards and some limitations even on the shorter throws? Yes, and it did limit us some. But if there's three guys in our QB room who have passed him, that is one historically serious QB room....and I think that's exactly what history is going to tell us.

Keep in mind, people, that Johnson and Lawrence were rated the #1 QB's in their entire class coming out of high school. If they play to that (and it appears they might) that corresponds to contending for the top pick in the draft. Those dudes are mobile, they are intelligent, and the ball comes out of their hands like they're Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. And Brice was right there with them. Nothing about those guys indicates to me they are anything but As Advertised. They're legit, folks.

So: those dudes are likely NFL all the way...and they will likely be drafted very, very high. Which may put KB in a fairly unique pickle.

How I see it, anyhow. We have Bryant...with three NFL dudes behind him. Which means a really, really hard choice is coming. I think it'd be tough even if Bryant wasn't in the equation.

Coot*****

Apr 15, 2018, 9:12 AM

Post of the Month Q

Apr 15, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

Well stated ... you have a habit of being well-reasoned. I continue to be perplexed by those who do not comprehend how much is involved to be rated the number 1 high school QB in the nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

See this is a reasonable response to this issue. I appreciate your perspective. But too many of the TL supporters just throw KB under the bus and discount everything he did. Like leading the team to 12-1 with an ACC Championship means nothing because we lost in the playoff.

You can want Lawrence to play without downgrading KB's accomplishments. He doesn't deserve that after what he went out there and did for the team while half of the fanbase was bitching about him leading us to victory week after week. Our fanbase's attitude towards him was toxic last year and will be again this year. KB's performance last year was invaluable to the continued eliteness of our program. Do we get the same recruiting class this year and next if we had gone 9-3 or 10-2 in 2017? Who knows?

And if Lawrence does end up being the starter. We will be lucky to have a backup with as much experience as KB.

There's an obvious difference between grown discussion

Apr 15, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

and childish disrespect. Some of the kids here don't know the difference .

Apr 15, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

Solid post!

Bingo. Great post, as usual.

Apr 15, 2018, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

I believe this is exactly how most people feel about the situation. And it is not disrespectful at all.

Let’s just all enjoy the fact that things are so dang good, this is all people have to bicker about.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

Lol now that’s quick

Apr 15, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

Would you have preferred to win the Belk Bowl instead of a poor showing in the Sugar Bowl? Deshaun is a hard act to follow, but Kelly managed to get us to the CFP. I look forward to seeing what all these guys can do in a real game, but no matter who starts, most other schools can only dream of the level of talent we have at QB.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:27 AM

Come on guy, they won all those games because of their defense not because of the qb.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:24 PM

The so called OCs we have did not help the situation any with poor game plans, and conservative and predictable play calling. Talent got us there, not good coaching on offense.

Apr 16, 2018, 9:15 AM

The game plan was created and tailored around the limitations of KB. It is time to realize that he can not consistently do the things required in our offense. That does not make him a bad person. I have looked at replays of all of our games from last year. Maybe you should do the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think people have been very respectful.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:29 AM

People are just being objective. The worst I have noticed is that some people are saying he is limted throwing the ball down field and they think one of our other great players gives us a better shot. How is that disrespectful? Sometimes our starters get beat out.

Re: I think people have been very respectful.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:44 AM

Unfortunately this is what the world has come to. Crybabies with skinny jeans and vote for Hillary stickers on the back of their cars That get offended by everything.

Apr 15, 2018, 6:15 PM

+1 for skinny jeans reference. Ha!

good lord

Apr 17, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I think people have been very respectful. ]

this is the answer to everything for you people

Re: good lord

Apr 17, 2018, 1:24 PM

Who you calling “you people?”

The preferred term is little person.

Wait, wut?

Signed,

cutigerbob®

Apr 17, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I think people have been very respectful. ]

Carlsbad® said:

People are just being objective. The worst I have noticed is that some people are saying he is limted throwing the ball down field and they think one of our other great players gives us a better shot. How is that disrespectful? Sometimes our starters get beat out.

I may all have to do with a younger generation that is not used to a "everybody wins" rather than a "better player plays by earning a spot" mentality. I agree with the fact that if a player proves them self worthy of the position and beats another player out...so be it. Earning a participation trophy doesn't cut the mustard. "To be the man...you gotta beat the man.....WHOOOOOO!"

Apr 15, 2018, 8:29 AM

What you see as disrespect is in truth an accurate picture of his ablilities. If that hurts your feelings that is on you and you alone. KB is not going to lead CU to hoist the NC Trophy and that is just a fact. All the sunshine pumpers here that said he would improve as a passer are either deluded or drunk after watching that performance Saturday. Those pointing to his running being taken away must have missed the Bama game too, they took it away and dared him to throw, brought 8 in the box and ate the O-line up due to never fearing his passing. Are you ready for that, if so be fine with KB as the QB.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:28 PM

Well said and coaches need to wake up or expect great talent wasted.

^^^Now THIS is disrespectful...

Apr 15, 2018, 10:45 PM

...to imply that our National Championship coaching staff doesn’t possess the competence to see and evaluate the talent on the field. Or to suggest that the coaches’ “loyalty” is more important to them than the job they were hired to do (win ball games).

This coaching staff has proven itself, and its members have turned down some very lucrative offers in an attempt to turn this program into what it has become. We owe them our gratitude and our trust.

The best player will play. And that decision will be made by the men who are most qualified to make it. And that’s not me or you. Grow up and show a little respect.

Apr 17, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: The disrespect of KB on this board is shameful ]

That sure is not a fact buddy.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:32 AM

I appreciate and respect what KB2 did last year. Stepping in for DW4 was no easy task. Not only did Bryant play well when not injuries he was certainly a leader in every respect. He carried himself with dignity and poise representing the university with class.

Turning the page this is a new year. Everyone on the team has to win their spot every year. Personally I was hoping he would show out yesterday and close the door on the starting nod by showing significant progress slinging the ball down field. Unfortunately he had a terrible day. All three of the other QBs were able to move the ball and complete passes long and short while KB2 looked lost. I get that the format was working against his style of play but he missed several wide open receivers and missed them by a mile. Perhaps he looked better in the scrimmages we were not allowed to see but yesterday he was only the 4th best QB on our team.

One other thought, if KB2 wants to play on Sundays he needs to explore a different position. Simple as that. Either way I am thankful he is a tiger and wish him the very best.

At this point in our program, we are playing for national championships.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:34 AM

Do you honestly think Kelly Bryant is the best QB on our team this year? Do you think he is a capable and consistent enough passer to beat elite teams like Alabama? At this point, my answer to all of those is no.

This is not to discount the very good season he had last year. He has improved by leaps and bounds. But the starting QB for an elite team like ours must be able to throw downfield with some measure of consistency, and he has not shown an ability to do that. Yesterday was obviously not his best performance, but you can’t blame fans for not feeling super encouraged about him when we have three other QBs who all looked much better than he did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Kelly had a good 2017

Apr 15, 2018, 8:36 AM

If best is the standard then he has 4 1/2 months to prove he is the best

Yesterday proved he has a battle on his hands

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 8:41 AM

Like most posters I think the OP is confusing disrespect with blind loyalty and/or not understanding how the game works.

The season KB2 has last year far and away exceeded probably everyone’s expectations. I won’t even go as far to say he can’t win a national championship but based on what I saw the last 2 times he was on the field no one can argue he gives us the best chance right now. I’ve said many times he appears to be a clear cut team leader so if/when the inevitable happens and we play the best QB how he handles it will definitely impact team performance. I believe he is a good dude and will lead us to a natty in anyway he can, by being a leader on the sideline and having his time on the field in certain wildcat packages in the redzone.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:47 AM

If best is the standard, then right now he's fourth best on the depth chart. You coots want us to stay with KB so you can execute Bama's play book on us next season.

Think about how the other QBs feel when all you all thick heads keep sticking up for the fourth best on our depth chart just because he's the senior and has the most seniority.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:50 AM

Think of the WRU receivers. Don't you think they deserve the best arm to get them the ball down the field? Ask Tee Higgins if he likes Trevor Lawrence?

Don't they deserve the best? Isn't best the standard?

Exactly. KB's lack of ability to throw deep probably cost

Apr 15, 2018, 9:01 AM

Cain over a million. We're WRU. We need to air it out imo. Maybe Bryant figures it out.

Re: Exactly. KB's lack of ability to throw deep probably cost

Apr 15, 2018, 9:38 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Cain over a million. We're WRU. We need to air it out imo. Maybe Bryant figures it out.

Cain cost himself over a million by dropping passes and unwillingness to go after the pass if it was not perfectly thrown

He cost himself dropping passes true, but...

Apr 15, 2018, 9:44 AM

his game is the deep ball. He didn't have the QB for his abilities. I think he averaged something like 6 less yards a reception due to K Bryant's game. Cain is going to be a steal in the NFL for someone.

Folks forget some of the rags had Cain as pre-season All-Am***

Apr 15, 2018, 12:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly. KB's lack of ability to throw deep probably cost

Apr 15, 2018, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Exactly. KB's lack of ability to throw deep probably cost ]

Couldn’t disagree more. Cain cost himself millions by being a second rate WR

I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out!

Apr 15, 2018, 9:00 AM

That's how important KB was to this team. You can bring on the other candidates without belittleing Kelly.

Re: I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out!

Apr 15, 2018, 9:02 AM

No, you got that wrong! Dabo decided to start Kelly even though he was injured and hurt the team. How soon we forget.

Maybe we lose anyway?*****

Apr 15, 2018, 9:03 AM

SYR $ucked all year but they were en fuego that Saturday

Apr 15, 2018, 12:46 PM

like hunting a buck with a broken leg

Re: SYR $ucked all year but they were en fuego that Saturday

Apr 15, 2018, 10:54 PM

It was a Friday..... one of the other reasons we were not very good, short week

Re: I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out!

Apr 15, 2018, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out! ]

Also ZC played all of those snaps and I thought than that was the wrong guy. Clear HJ was better but maybe Zerrick took less risks?

Anyway... not even close to the debate we are having now. HJ a year in the system and CB and TL weren’t available.

KB is a great leader and will have some packages designed for his skill set like wildcat in the redzone. However, he’s just not the best option to be QB1 for a team as talented as Clemson.

That was last year.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out! ]

The scenarios are different this season. HJ and CB are no longer true frosh. TL is a once in a generation talent.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out! ]

That's how important KB was to this team. You can bring on the other candidates without belittleing Kelly.

KB meant everything to last year’s team as the other QBs were not ready for prime time. This is a new year where it certainly appears we have better options at QB. I hate it for KB2 but that is the simple reality

Apr 15, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out! ]

To point out that he struggles to throw the ball further downfield further than 7 yards is not bashing nor bellitling. It is pointing out the truth, truth is a good thing. If more folks got better at expousing truths today the world would be a far better place. Can the truth be hurtful to some people, well of course, but it does not change it to a falsehood. Everyone is far too concerned with feelings and emotions and they fail to think. Basing decisions upon emotions and feeling rarely works out well for anyone .

Apr 16, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to I couldn't agree more. KB was injured vs Syracuse! Remember how that turned out! ]

I think Dabo had three quarterbacks to prepare for that week. Bryant should not have played that game at all IMO. You can't and qb from a bad sprain a week later. It's not going to happen. That being said he should have planned with the other guys and spit time with them to see who did the best in that game.

He is a great athlete, but with our receivers he needs to sling the ball!

Shameful?!! Really?

Apr 15, 2018, 9:08 AM

You a member of the mainstream press; trying to shut down debate by branding an opinion as shameful?

I absolutely hate when people use such rhetoric!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Shameful?!! Really?

Apr 15, 2018, 9:10 AM

Lol I agree... it’s the old see how open I and accepting I am and if you don’t believe exactly what I do then you are close minded and bigoted arguement... we just became CNN here haha.

This disrespect for the Truth on this board is shameful.***

Apr 15, 2018, 9:10 AM

Quite honestly

Apr 15, 2018, 9:34 AM

Our coaches have the ability to develop a winning team around the talent that is available to them. Last year they were convinced that Bryant gave us the best chance to win and changed their approach to the game around the talents that he had . Last year we were not quite as strong offensively with the loss of several key receivers and used the running skills of Kelly to win and become the top rated team in the country. This year they will evaluate the talent and develop a team around what they consider the best eleven offensive players. Yesterday I saw a marked improvement in a our receivers from last year. Our running backs should be better also. If the big guys up front are ready to play the coaches have a lot of options available to them. As for me, I’m totally confident they will do the right thing. They always have. Support your coaching staff. Go Tigers........ join IPTAY ........ be ALL IN

Forest, you made a huge point ...

Apr 15, 2018, 12:53 PM

You stated "yesterday I saw a marked improvement in our receivers from last year". This was entirely due to TL, HJ and CB. Last year's receivers had very little opportunity to catch a vertical pass.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:30 AM

I defended KB to the through the spring and fall, and all season last year. I’m the limited time we saw HJ play, you could see the talent, but not the comfort level KB had with the offense. I really believe the coaches went with the best choice last year.

That being said, I think it’s clear after yesterday’s game that Higgins is our best offensive weapon. He was schooling some great DB’s. Deon is not near the talent Higgins is, but how many times last year did we see a deep ball thrown where our receivers had to slow and come back to the ball? We absolutely have to have a QB that can utilize Higgins to be a complete and dangerous offense. Imagine what all three of our RB’s could have done last year if defenses weren’t already teeing off on the run.

I love KB as a player and kid, but even in a game where his legs can be used, he doesn’t make us the best team we can be.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:41 AM

Don't fall for the age old trap that the loudest, most obnoxious posters here represent the pulse of Tiger Nation. Did you not here the crowd universally cheering Kelly on after he had put in two or three bad series? I believe the consensus with the majority of Clemson fans is that KB deserves and will get every shot to retain his starting position. But if he cannot consistently show that he can fully utilize our ridiculous wealth of WR talent, he has to make way for the guys behind him who clearly can.

KB has all summer and fall camp to get where he needs to be. I trust our coaches to do the right thing. Those that are fearful of another Watson\Stout type transition should remember that Dabo is a master of not making the same mistakes over and over again. One of his hallmarks.

All in. Best man up. Everything counts.

Apr 15, 2018, 12:58 PM

Dabo and the team will line up and support the QB with the best capabilities. There will be a transition of the QB position this year. TL and HJ have thousands of more reps than last year's starting QB.

The problem is the hatred and vitriol being spewed at him

Apr 15, 2018, 9:41 AM

I appreciate what KB did last year. He showed a lot of toughness and poise and though he struggled at times throwing it downfield, he played well enough for us to win nearly all of our games.

That being said, I don't believe he's the best QB on our roster right now. Trevor just has that "it" factor that players like Deshaun have. With more experience, Trevor is going to be a great one and I believe he will be the starter by week 2 or 3. He's just better and I'm sure KB would still see the field since he's a gifted athlete and runner.

People need to understand you can want the best QB to play but still show some respect to KB. Judging by what I read and hear from friends and family, you'd think KB murders puppies. He may be one of the most hated Clemson players ever and I just don't get that. He doesn't deserve it and our fanbase should be better than this.

Re: The problem is the hatred and vitriol being spewed at him

Apr 15, 2018, 10:04 AM

Who hates KB? Just about every post I read all says great things about the person he is and what he meant to the team last year. Unfortunately from I’ve seen in the last games plus what the spring game showed of the other QBs it’s clear who gives us the best shot at winning it all which should be the goal at Clemson. KB wins the conference, one of the other 2 allow us to compete for it all.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:59 AM [ in reply to The problem is the hatred and vitriol being spewed at him ]

Please link several of the multitudes of examples of people bad talking KB for us. Tiger Nation overwhelmingly lovea that guy and always will IMO. TIA!

Apr 16, 2018, 12:52 AM [ in reply to The problem is the hatred and vitriol being spewed at him ]

Who Are you and where did you get the idea that fans hate KellyB? We love and respect him. This time last year everyone was predicting 2-3 possible losses for the upcoming season. Instead we had another great year under Kelly's leadership. This year we hope the coaches will continue to select the best player to start in each position. That's it.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:51 AM

I mean, Trevor Lawrence and Hunter Johnson are clearly better. KB missed the same throws in the springs game that he did all of last season. A lot of us “fans” want to see good QB play, instead of 9 TD passes in 12 games vs Power 5 opponents. Yes, KB led Clemson to the playoffs, but only because the defense was so dominant and the schedule was so bad. Once we played an elite team, they showed the formula for beating Clemson. They took away KB’s legs, and he was embarrassingly ineffective. Sorry if speaking facts is disrespectful.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:22 AM

In final , last year was last year and KB has not gotten ANY better at throwing the ball. What I saw yesterday was a carbon copy from all last year, high ,wide and not where a receiver could make a play. We are WRU, not GT for crying out loud. KB's stats were GT like last year people, that is not what is expected from WRU in any persons imagination. The only pass KB appears to be comfortable throwing is the WR/RB screen and anything downfield is not happening. I could care less how he looks in practice, I care about when the lights are on and stadium is filled. If he looks great in practice and cannot produce during games he is not the QB to lead this team. After the Spring game HJ/TL are 1A and 1B( Tl has the better poise and arm), CB is 3 and that leaves KB slotted last. QB's job one is to be able to move the offense downfield by passing and KB lacks that ability. It was there for any and all to see, to deny it is folly.His completion rate was what it was due to the very short throws, above mentioned WR screens. He tossed 9, count them, 9 TD's against quality opponents. Pointing out this is not disrespectful but truthful. Calling for him to be the QB because of last year or loyalty is just wrong to the other 85 guys on the team. You think those D-line guys came back to have the same thing happen this year? If 1 must be sacrificed for the better of the whole that is how it must be.

Apr 15, 2018, 12:17 PM

It’s kind of infuriating that KB’s “loyal defenders” say that he had a good season last year. All objectivity is thrown out when someone says that. He had 13 total TD passes. And his passing numbers were abysmal against the 4 best defenses he played last year. Defend him all you want, I get that, but don’t lie to yourself and say that he had a good season. He had a terrible season. I thought before the year he would have been a 1,000 yard rusher, but he wasn’t even close to that! And all of his defenders on this board somehow believe he is an elite runner. He’s fast, but he’s not a good runner in the open field, he doesn’t make many people miss, like a Lamar Jackson, and he can’t hit a downfield pass to save his life.

Disrespect?

Apr 15, 2018, 10:01 AM

That is one of the most overused words in this day and age, especially in sports. Why is everything so quick to be labeled "disrespect?"

All of the sudden it's become 'disrespectful' to evaluate players at various positions and offer opinions as to who might be better?

I don't think anybody here is actively disrespecting KB. There's a difference between bashing a kid and evaluating his abilities....I think every tiger fan loves and respects KB for everything he did for us last year. But does that make him above any kind of criticism or scrutiny?

Look, KB Gave us the best chance to win last year, and he did an outstanding job. But that was last year. There's no denying that his game has limitations, and some of these other talented quarterbacks may pass him at some point.

That is not disrespect in any way shape or form, that is offering an honest assessment of the most important position in football

Posts like these are embarrassing

Apr 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

It’s obvious, blatenly obvious, that we have better talent at the position. KB isn’t entitled to the position. Despite what he did last year, he still has to earn it and he sure didn’t do that yesterday. This is a business, whether you want to believe it or not, and TL is the difference between an ACC championship and National Tilte.

I agree with yout post outside of the title.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:08 AM

Why embarrassing?

Re: I agree with yout post outside of the title.

Apr 15, 2018, 1:24 PM

It’s embarassing that our program has reached elite status and we still have weak, complacent fans. They are the portion of our fan base responsible for keeping tommy Bowden around so long.

Good grief....

Apr 15, 2018, 4:09 PM

What a idiotic & bozo post. Weak & complacent fans were not responsible for Bowden's length of tenure....

So why the farce of competition?

Apr 15, 2018, 10:07 AM

If it's just, "well, you started last year and you're back so you're the starter," why bother with pretending anyone can play their way to the job?

How is it disrespectful to say out loud what is obvious to anyone with eyes? KB starting limits our offensive playcalling, it limits the talent at WR, and it limits how far we can go. Kelly Bryant is very good. He can win the ACC again...but that's the ceiling. If you can't stretch the field, you eventually run into a team that can stack the box and grind your offense to a halt, and that is what will happen (again) if KB starts the entire season.

What would be 'shameful,' would be to waste the tremendous wealth of talent we have all over the field and handicap the team by not living up to Dabo's motto. Best is the standard? Then the best should play. Unfortunately for KB and fortunately for Clemson, we've outrecruited him and he is no longer the best QB on the team.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell you what we can do...

Apr 15, 2018, 10:50 AM

Let’s respect KB soooo much by playing him over qb’s who worked just as hard as him and are outplaying him at that position right now. Doesn’t that mean we are disrespecting all the other qb’s by not showing them that through hard work and focus that they truly have a chance to start too? Are we just lying to them all this time when we say the best player will start ?

KB is not the only person with feelings and who has put the work in. Life sometimes has occasions when you just lose to a better player. Nothing personal but it’s the facts.

Re: tell you what we can do...

Apr 15, 2018, 11:13 AM

What I saw was 3 other qb’s move the ball. And I know the run factor was taken away from KB but I think some people will be pleasantly surprised to watch TL run. He had a great sprint out of bounds for a first down And showed he is deceptively fast for his size.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:56 AM

I disagree. I am grateful for everything Kelly B did for us last year. Leading us to the CFP was no small feat. However, people are expressing their opinions about who is a better passer, QB. That's no disrespect to Kelly B. May the best man win the job!

To say that someone is a better QB than another is not

Apr 15, 2018, 1:33 PM

disrespect. It is reality. I am sorry you grew up in the "everyone gets a trophy" generation, snowflake.

I played football from 5 years old until I was 20, and in my 21st year in this world I was told that I was not good enough, big enough, fast enough to play anymore. That was my reality, and now KB is looking at his. His passing game is not good enough to beat out the competition That is not disrespecting him as a person, and it is not admonishing his accomplishments, it is only the reality of the situation. He is a better QB than 99.9% of the people on the planet; however, Clemson has QB's that are better.

I pull for him, and hope he places pride aside, and learns another position so he can play past his 22-23 years, because he is good enough, big enough, fast enough to be on the field at the next level.

Apr 15, 2018, 4:40 PM

I have to agree we should not bash a guy that gave us his all last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily nobody is bashing him that I have seen.*****

Apr 15, 2018, 5:04 PM

Apr 15, 2018, 5:01 PM

All the guy did was win a ACC championship, beat the pisss out of the coots and lead his team to #1 regular season ranking going 12-1 in the process. Not to mention following the foot steps of maybe one of the best QB's to ever play college football.

I bet some of you forget the show he put on in Charlotte at the ACC championship game...

Yeah we didn't beat Alabama.... it wasn't all his fault. The OL was horrible and our receivers didn't help him either.

KB is the starter, get over it! I'm sure TL will get some playing time but stop with all this disrespect to a guy who took us back to the playoffs.

It's shameful and honestly shows how spoiled some of you have become.

When Hurt was ineffective against Georgia in the CFP national championship, what did Saban do? He changed quarterbacks and won a national title. The spring game format did not help Bryant’s case for being the starter. I am very appreciative for what Kelly did for us last season. However I expect other defensive coordinators to model their defense like Alabama did to us in the Sugar Bowl. If Kelly keeps the starting job, he must get better in long distance passing. Lawrence and Johnson looked so much more comfortable running the offense.

Apr 15, 2018, 6:17 PM

KB is at his limit; no disrespect but any team that can take away the short game and keep him and the running game in a box is going to shut him down, he cannot make the throws, he simply can't do it. All 3 other QB's can. Stats don't lie. Blaming the O-line as if they were the problem, QB has to feel the pocket and pressure and move to the open spot, not take off or force a throw... thats reality.

Best guy plays.... you agree with that?

Apr 15, 2018, 10:30 PM

this board is shameful. the end

Did you hear that same disrespect from ESPN announcers?

Apr 15, 2018, 10:50 PM

During the Spring Game, the ESPN announcers were saying the same stuff. It was clear that all three other QBs out played KB. It was clear that KB's passes lacked accuracy and zip - compared to other Clemson QBs. If we want to settle for a running QB with reduced passing skills, then KB is our man. And we can watch one or two of our other QBs leave and lead another team to a national championship.

I agree about the disrespect to KB but what really chaps...

Apr 15, 2018, 10:55 PM

my bottom is the constant impeachment of Dabo's integrity. Saying that Dabo won't do what is best for the team, university and fans is saying he won't do his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 8:37 AM

The disrespect of KB for completing a pass beyond the line of scrimmage is more shameful.
No hate. Just eyes that see.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic