Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaka Smart?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Shaka Smart?

Feb 27, 2017, 9:29 AM

Anyjuan notice that Shaka is struggling mightily in Texas? I wonder if Brad loses the first round tourney game by fewer than 5 points if we keep him (because those count as wins, somehow). If Shaka has another bad year, maybe they let him go and we end up with Smart as our HC. Wouldn't that be lovely. A reverse-Barnes, if you will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't need him spouting off his political rants while

Feb 27, 2017, 9:34 AM

wearing Clemson Orange. Have you been following him lately?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm, some people agree with him. Ever think of that?***

Feb 27, 2017, 9:47 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Example (link)

Feb 27, 2017, 9:35 AM

http://www.hookem.com/2016/11/11/shaka-smart-donald-trump-victory-slap-face/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care about his politics

Feb 27, 2017, 9:39 AM

Just want us back in the tourney. That may help him recruit some inner city kids as well. You know how hard it is to recruit to Clemson, right?

I don't care about his politics either. That's the point!

Feb 27, 2017, 9:42 AM

Sports is the escape from a maddening world and is not the forum for politics. Likewise, I didn't care for Obama spending time choosing his 64 teams while innocents were dying all around.

How do you feel about Trump playing golf every weekend?***

Feb 27, 2017, 9:48 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you feel about Trump playing golf every weekend?***

Feb 27, 2017, 10:08 AM

Dude, Obama played a ton of golf while in office. All presidents do. Going way back.

That might just be his point***

Feb 27, 2017, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you feel about Trump playing golf every weekend?***

Feb 27, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you feel about Trump playing golf every weekend?*** ]

Not in the first 100 ahem 32 days in office.

Re: Don't care about his politics

Feb 27, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Don't care about his politics ]

no longer want him under any circumstances!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being that SC is one of the reddest or red states

Feb 27, 2017, 9:56 AM

I'm sure Shaka doesn't want to be in Clemson just as bad as you don't want him here. They're other viable coaching if that time comes.

Texas, Please keep him!***

Feb 27, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Example (link) ]

Re: Shaka Smart?

Feb 27, 2017, 9:40 AM

If BB is forced to go there are many good choices out there.........Smart is NOT one of them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 27, 2017, 9:42 AM

So what you are saying is hiring Shaka would not be Smart?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's only in his second season at Texas

Feb 27, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Shaka Smart? ]

He went to the tournament in his first season and in his previous five years at VCU. He would never give up a gig like Texas to come here but let's not act like he isn't a great coach because he's having one bad year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never said I agreed, or disagreed, with his politics. But

Feb 27, 2017, 10:00 AM

my point is proven that his stance divides. I wouldn't want his singing the praises of Trump either. I want a coach!

Re: Shaka Smart? I'm surprised at his slow start at Tx

Feb 27, 2017, 10:25 AM

but I'm sure he will get it going. I would not ever expect him back at CU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaka Smart? I'm surprised at his slow start at Tx

Feb 27, 2017, 10:53 AM

He's got a top 15 recruiting class coming in next year. I think he will do very well at Texas.

bobby knight***

Feb 27, 2017, 10:55 AM

I know you aren't serious.

Feb 27, 2017, 9:44 PM

But I don't even think it's funny to joke about us hiring a coach who couldn't get it done at a program like Texas. With tons of resources at his disposal, including a talented roster he inherited, he should be doing better. He did great at VCU, I get it, but I have no desire for him to be our coach at Clemson if he can't succeed at Texas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I know you aren't serious.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:16 PM

I just wish sometimes people had a single clue before they started mouthing off about things they have NO CLUE in the world about.

My Good Grief........he has been at Texas just over a year. He just finished his second recruiting class.And there was almost no roster left when he got there. And I am pretty sure also that Smart does not even think about Clemson or is the least bit concerned that you don't think he is good enough to coach your 112-year tradition of playing 500 ball.

Anyone that does not think Smart is one of the ELITE coaches in the entire country is just plain stupid.

He made 7 NCAAs in a row and of course, Clemson fans would never want a coach that went to the final four. He made the NCAA last year at Texas and knew this year would be very tough.

Texas lost 5 seniors from last year, lost another player to injury and lost a player early to the NBA. Then this year, SC native Tevin Mack, could not behave like a grown up human being and was shown the door.

Texas has only 1 senior and not a single scholarship junior on the entire roster. It is obvious Rick Barnes pulled a Spurrier and did not recruit anyone that worked out for Texas during his final years at Texas.

Last year Smart and Texas brought in
5 star Jarrett Allen
5 Star Jacob Young
4 star James Bank
4 star Jacob Young.
These guys are the heart of the team as Freshman.

Next year Smart has signed.
4 star Matt Coleman
4 star Jase Febres
4 star Royce hamilton
I also think then they have a shot at 5 stars Bamba.

I am pretty sure that with these 7 or 8 guys and a year of experience that Texas will be maybe just a little better next year. Everyone knew Texas would struggle this year after graduations and transfers and after Smart kicked his leading score to the door.

I am also pretty sure that Texas will be fine and will be just a little bit better than BB's Tiger team next year.

I clearly struck a nerve.

Feb 27, 2017, 11:55 PM

I'm sorry, Mrs. Smart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I clearly struck a nerve.

Feb 28, 2017, 1:25 AM

I am sorry you were caught talking out of both side of your......

Feb 27, 2017, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I know you aren't serious. ]

There's no excuse to go 10-17 when you have two five stars on the roster, regardless of age.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 28, 2017, 1:33 AM

Again not true,

There were 28 players rated 5 stars last year by Rivals.
Of those 28, only 13 are even starters for their team.
So having (2) 5 star players as freshmen means absolutely nothing towards winning or losing.

Relying on freshman or transfers usually does not work out. That is why all the newcomers at Texas are strugglings.

Duke had 4 players this year with 5 stars. Injuries really slowed down all 4 players to start the season but Duke had a veteran team to help with the transition, Texas does not.

Feb 28, 2017, 7:42 AM

maybe we can get steve bannon to come here and coach basketball, because he will need a new job soon. his politics will fit in better also. yet you guys wonder why it is difficult to recruit basketball players to clemson? lol!

Because we want Texas rejects?

Feb 27, 2017, 10:49 PM

No thanks. And I don't care one way or another about his politics - except I think coaches, players, celebrities and everyone who is not in politics should keep their opinions to yourself. Just because you can act or coach doesn't make you an expert on how this country should be run.

Re: Because we want Texas rejects?

Feb 27, 2017, 11:51 PM

Or billionaire reality TV stars ??

Feb 28, 2017, 9:55 PM

You have got to be kidding me....

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive