Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Undercover video OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Undercover video OSU

Aug 3, 2018, 1:04 AM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33979/new-undercover-video-hits-embattled-college-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Undercover video OSU

Aug 3, 2018, 1:25 AM

Once one thing comes out, then all the people go on a witch hunt and blab blab blab. I never put much into the people that comes out of the dark to say things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ came out of the shadows just to post this.***

Aug 3, 2018, 2:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Blab blab blab?***

Aug 3, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Undercover video OSU ]

WOW!

Aug 3, 2018, 2:01 AM

Bye bye Urban Meyer. It serves you right to have that 31-0 beatdown. Just like Woody Hayes, you'll disappear into the pages of forgotten history.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Now I know the Coots will hire Urban Meyer in a few years.

Aug 3, 2018, 5:54 AM

Former players says he is good at throwing gatorade bottles. He'll fit right in down there!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 6:36 AM

Meyer is done... James Okeefe put the dagger in.

I always thought his leaving Florida was bizarre

Aug 3, 2018, 6:40 AM

He seemed to get a pass on that. He left what was arguably the best program in CFB for some phantom health issue that seemed to go away. I agree with others. He's done, stick a fork in him.

Stop posting this video

Aug 3, 2018, 7:33 AM

The guy who made it is not a source to be trusted. How hard is to google something before you believe it.

Fake news is fake news and James O'Keefe is an a hole

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop posting this video

Aug 3, 2018, 9:15 AM

I agree. O'Keefe has no credibility.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 10:23 AM

Again, I will repeat: mediabiasfactcheck.com - which is kind of the definitive rottentomatoes.com review of all media sources - is pretty conclusive on Project Veritas: it's pretty much a right-leaning version of Michael Moore's incredibly misleading documentaries. It ain't cool when you see Moore doing it, and just because you might agree with his slant, it's still assassination journalism and we've seen far too much of this going on these days.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/

So how would a "conservative bias"

Aug 3, 2018, 10:37 AM

apply to this story? Is Urban some kind of liberal loon?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So how would a "conservative bias"

Aug 3, 2018, 11:00 AM

If the person breaking this news is known to lie, twist facts to create a story, and selectively edit videos then you should be extremely skeptical of anything they do. Credibility in journalism is a reporter's most important benchmark.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So how would a "conservative bias"

Aug 3, 2018, 11:52 AM

mattcah® said:

If the person breaking this news is known to lie, twist facts to create a story, and selectively edit videos then you should be extremely skeptical of anything they do. Credibility in journalism is a reporter's most important benchmark.

Yup.

Reporters like to "take scalps" to try to build their credibility. Take Ronan Farrow, who blew up Harvey Weinstein in The New Yorker - after NBC allegedly suppressed the story, which is likely going to cost them huge when Farrow finally unloads that particularly dirt - and has since taken down New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and, just a few days, CBS CEO Leslie Moonvies all for either physical or sexual abuse or harassment. His exposes have literally changed society and in terms of juice the guy has more influence than any 100 ordinary reporters because of the stories he's broken.

The problem is, Ronan Farrow did it legit, and those are three Grand Poobah scalps he has hanging on his wall. In order to claim that sort of juice, a lot of would-be journalists/producers engage in assassination journalism. My guess would be Meyer's an easy guy to dislike and he looked like low-hanging fruit, and O'Keefe swooped in to collect the scalp. The problem is: given his integrity and M.O., is that a legit scalp? Is the story credible?

Guys who operate in this fashion are click-bait self-promoters, IMHO, and they're doing enormous damage to actual journalism, and blurring the line between "real" and "fake news" that is so dividing national perception right now.

Fact-checking and rationality are our one way through it, IMHO. Among all the noise, there is some very good information out there, we just need to get better as a culture at sifting it and determining the nuggets of truth from the nuggets of howler-monkey excrement.

Shady a$$ “journalist” right there acting like

Aug 3, 2018, 11:31 AM

acting like he didn’t know any of that stuff talking to the second guy. Leading his questions and acting surprised by the answers. Trying to make friends with him and making him open up.

Paid for by....

Aug 3, 2018, 12:24 PM

Paid for by the ‘Jim Harbaugh eventually wants to beat Ohio State Foundation’ via a personal $9M donation yearly by Jim Harbaugh and a $1M annual donation from James Franklin.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic