Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water:

Dec 21, 2014, 1:12 PM

1. The coots would be much tougher in the game for having played SEC competition all season.

2. The SEC is about smashmouth football: There was smashmouth in that game, but the only ones doing the smashing was the Clemson defensive line and the Clemson offensive line.

3. SEC speed: Artavis Scott, Wayne Gallman, and the entire Clemson defense made South Carolina look like they were moving in slow motion and made them look like they had not seen speed like ours all season. I have watched SC on several occasions and thought they looked fast when they were playing Tennessee, Florida, etc. But that was not the case in our game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, though....they were just tired and beat up from

Dec 21, 2014, 1:20 PM

playing SEC teams all seasons.

(I think you forgot that popular excuse when crafting your post)

Re: Seriously, though....they were just tired and beat up from

Dec 21, 2014, 1:22 PM

They didn't want to be there...looking ahead to shreveport

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously, though....they were just tired and beat up from

Dec 21, 2014, 1:28 PM

Now that right there was classic. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Took a Liberty Bowl resident to figure it out!***

Dec 21, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously, though....they were just tired and beat up from ]

lol***

Dec 21, 2014, 2:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Memphis AND Birmingham were bowl game winners

Dec 21, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Took a Liberty Bowl resident to figure it out!*** ]

when they sent the coots to Shreveport

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only a matter of time

Dec 22, 2014, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Seriously, though....they were just tired and beat up from ]

Before we start hearing that excuse again on a regular basis.

Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water:

Dec 21, 2014, 1:21 PM

Agreed. Even though they ended 6-6, they were close in all of their losses except for A&M...Doesn't speak well of what ever conference they play in...

Dec 21, 2014, 1:22 PM

Texas A&M, put a whopping on them too. And the Aggies were horrible pretty much all season. ECU gave them a game too. I expected us to win that game hands down. With DW of course. Switching gears though, I think Cole with this time to heal up a bit should be better. Get his mind right, he knows he is starting, has a breathe of fresh air in coach Streeter. A big part of it is knowing he won't be splitting time, and he wants to go out on top. What better way than beating a top program on your way out. Go Cole, and Go Tigers baby!

nice post.***

Dec 21, 2014, 1:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"SEC speed"

Dec 21, 2014, 1:27 PM

Guess that one's dead and buried.

There's something in these hills.

Dec 21, 2014, 1:31 PM

Great points! The secheat myth is alive and well, still though, as they do always have a couple of very good teams. The myth is that we're told that they all are very good. Just a bold faced lie!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2014, 3:36 PM

The ACC had a very strong finish this season, and the SEC East was not very good at all. The ACC did have a 4 win banner day versus the SEC East on November 29, but let's don't get too carried away with believing that the ACC is usually better than the SEC. I agree that the Tigers were far more physical in their line play (offense and defense) and had much more team speed on the defensive side of the ball this year. Just like in the previous five Clemson-SC games, there was no doubt which team was more physical on both sides of the line and had more overall defensive speed.

Tell 'em coot

Dec 21, 2014, 7:40 PM

#9 to steveport 35-17 66-42-4

You sound like a little girl with no understanding of football.

Dec 21, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

We were clearly the better tean 3 of those 5 years. Turnovers and mistakes.

Re: You sound like a little girl with no understanding of football.

Dec 21, 2014, 11:52 PM

No, you weren't!

He wasn't talking about the rest of the ACC

Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

Coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot***

Dec 22, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2014, 6:31 PM

Coots used to say the same nonsense, almost word for word, when they were independents and we owned them.

If they were in the SoCon, coots would be talking about "SoCon speed and physicality." Remember, this is a fan base that tears down goal posts after beating New Mexico State.

Dec 21, 2014, 6:38 PM

My favorite was the coot/clowns that would

Dec 21, 2014, 6:41 PM

My favorite were the coot/clowns that would parrot nonsense about the SEC beating up on them and really not caring about the Clemson game. I heard this crap actually come out of coot mouths. Same coot mouths that would crow about beating NC State as proving how weak the ACC is. Lol!

Dec 21, 2014, 6:52 PM

Lots of talk about beating a sh¡tty 6-6 team. Not just any 6-6 team, a bottom of the barrel team that got beat by Kentucky.

Dec 21, 2014, 6:57 PM

That is Gamecock football history in a nutshell.

Dec 21, 2014, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

Hey...uh..coot...That wasn't coot sentiment before the game. The "best offense" Slurrier had ever fielded was going to "destroy" the "ACC stat-inflated" Tiger defense.

We understand though...heard it all before.

Heard a different tale after UGA

Dec 21, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

Also didn't realize your single-season Pass yards records holder would make for a 'bottom of the barrel' team. Are you saying that the best offense Spurrier has ever had still makes for a terrible team?

Clemson

Well, three ouf your five losses heading into our game

Dec 21, 2014, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

we last minute collapses after leading by double digits in the last 6 minutes of the game. The losses were almost fluke in nature to Kentucky, Missouri (SEC East Champ) and Tennessee. The Auburn loss by seven on the plains was just another close loss to Auburn, a team we have beaten the last two times we've played them and you haven't beaten since 1936.

But the losses to Kentucky, Missouri, and Tennessee can only be classified as last minute pulling a gamecock after blowing two-touchdown leads. At least you didn't have to suffer that heartbreak vs Clemson as you had been beaten by halftime.

Youre right mooseass. Thats typical usuck

Dec 21, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: The 35-17 whipping blew 3 myths right out of the water: ]

All time

Dec 21, 2014, 8:48 PM

Agree and I have been wondering about that SEC competition and toughness for the past five years. I know the SEC has helped Carolina tremendously from a recruiting, financial, and facilities standpoint BUT the toughness and competition argument is just a myth as our team proved this year.

Another myth:

Dec 21, 2014, 8:51 PM

"Scar has the mental edge... they're in Clemson's head."

If only that mental superiority could calculate better tackling angles. :(

~JKB

What about "The financial advantage of the SEC means that

Dec 22, 2014, 9:36 AM

we will never be able to compete with South Carolina again."?

I love that one.

null

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic