»
Topic: Seriously? When will people learn, women's sports are
Replies: 25   Last Post: Oct 24, 2012 9:02 AM by: COHAZE
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 25  

Seriously? When will people learn, women's sports are

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 12:15 AM
 

boring. Women in general do not like sports, which is why they don't watch and support other women in sports. If women don't support other women, why would men?

The WNBA only exists because the NBA subsidizes it. The LPGA is barely surviving. The only female sport that has ever done well is tennis.

Lowering the rim will not help women's basketball. Women are just not coordinated and good athletes. As one of the guys mentioned in the "Around the Horn" video, they don't even handle the ball well. And FYI, women already use a smaller ball, but the same sized hoop as men.

After only 85 comments ESPN shut down the comments section. Oops!!

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8543879/geno-auriemma-uconn-huskies-coach-thinks-rims-lowered-women-basketball


Re: Seriously? When will people learn, women's sports are


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 1:53 AM
 

Hmm interesting thoughts. How about you tell our Clemson female athletes your thoughts? I'm sure if they do not like sports it will show

2020 student level member

What is the attendance of female sports at CU compared to

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 2:14 AM
 

mens?

Compare mens basketball to womens. Other than a handful of schools, a dozen at most, womens basketball is an after thought. Compare the womens NCAA Final Four to mens.

Other than tennis, name a pro female sport thriving.

Do ALL women hate sports. No. But for the most part, overwhelmingly, women don't care about nor watch sports. That is an undeniable fact.

How many womens NCAA softball or basketball games are on primetime TV? ZERO!

So please spare me your PC BS!!

More people probably watch the Little League World Series than womens basketball and softball.


A lot of women watch sports, but it's understandable...


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 5:25 AM
 

that you wouldn't know that since you're never around any women. You are right about one thing, women's basketball is boring. But some other female sports are enjoyable to watch like volleyball, and track and field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: "Women are just not coordinated and good athletes"

[2]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 4:39 AM
 

Your ignorance knows no bounds. It's sad there are people like you in this world. And before you say it, no I don't know you, but I know enough and don't care to know any more.


Not this again


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 5:47 AM
 

If you don't like women's sports continue to not watch them. I'm sure the women athletes would prefer it that way. However your not likening them isn't going to change the fact that they exist. That train has left the station; you might as well get used to it.

It is insulting (and says a great amount about you) that you don't believe women should receive the same benefits from participating in sports that men get including leadership skill, improved fitness, and the enjoyment of playing.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Wow


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 6:35 AM
 

Not all sports are "entertaining" and dont have to be. OP makes very ignorant points that quite frankly should be offensive to anyone who cares about young women. Amateur sports are for the athlete and if you choose yo watch, fine. Otherwise why do you care?


Obviously the parents with daughters got

[2]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 6:47 AM
 

their feathers all ruffled by this thread. I am the father of two grown men (now) and enjoyed attending many, many sporting events from the time they were kids through HS. (BTW my youngest was an outstanding 4 time letterman in wrestling). I have attended very few girl's athletic events but if I had had a daughter I am sure I would have been there for all of them.

IMHO College athletics is a business, if you are not getting attendence and revenue production why are we spending so much money on women's scholarships? Title IX has killed many "minor" men's sports that were much more heavily attended and produced much more revenue than most women's sports. Is that fair? No. Will it change? Probably not.


Professional Athletics should be the Business


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:30 AM
 

College athletics should be about building complete healthy adults

I think you see this in Division III or whatever they call it now.

Unfortunately that is not the case and is a whole other debate I suppose.


Re: Obviously the parents with daughters got


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 9:02 AM
 

I would really love to know which revenue producing mens sports were killed by Title IX. Please enlighten us. And don't embarrass yourself by saying something like wrestling.


> IMHO College athletics is a business, if you are not
> getting attendence and revenue production why are we
> spending so much money on women's scholarships? Title
> IX has killed many "minor" men's sports that were
> much more heavily attended and produced much more
> revenue than most women's sports. Is that fair? No.
> Will it change? Probably not.


Re: Seriously? When will people learn, women's sports are


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 6:43 AM
 

Chicken boy with another stupid post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null


As a female Clemson grad, former Clemson athlete

[3]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 6:49 AM
 

and current pediatrician and President of the South Carolina Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, I find your comments both sad and offensive. We should be raising our children, both boys and girls, to participate in sports both for enjoyment and for the health benefits. Quite simply, if you don't want to watch, then don't watch. But don't limit the opportunities for anyone else. I don't post much here so that shows you that I take this one seriously.


Re: As a female Clemson grad, former Clemson athlete


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 9:02 AM
 

Well said doc.


womens volleyball

[4]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 6:48 AM
 

Best sport ever


Re: womens volleyball


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 6:49 AM
 

Lowclass likes the #### he would not enjoy it like most males.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null


I absolutely agree***


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 7:33 AM
 



2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.


I can get behind that

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:35 AM
 

...if ya know what i'm sayin'


It's hilarious that a 400lb blob of a man would criticize

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 7:41 AM
 

women as athlete's. Truly comical.

Nothing against 400 lb blobs of men, just you.


Re: Seriously? When will people learn, women's sports are


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 7:47 AM
 

Beach volleyball, women's soccer at olympics are among the highest rated viewer wise. Sure are boring! As for skill and coordination, get real.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!


Women sports are boring to the general public

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 7:49 AM
 

and this fact bears itself out with the lack of TV viewership. My wife went to college on a Volleyball scholarship, and she's the 1st person to admit that women are not as quick, strong, etc... and watching female sports (unless you are involved, a parent, etc...) is boring in comparison to male sports.

To anybody who's "offended" please stop acting like a politically correct pansy. People have a right to their opinions. The WNBA IS boring, and female sports aren't popular for a reason.


Re: Women sports are boring to the general public


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 7:51 AM
 

One name... Jennie Finch!


You are a sad, sad man.

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:30 AM
 

Access to the Internet is a bad combination with your superiority complex and lack of respect.

Women student athletes make great ambassadors for our school. If you think it is boring then don't watch. College athletics are not around solely to generate income. If so there would only be 2 sports at Clemson. And I question how much basketball makes for the school.


Re: Seriously? When will people learn, women's sports are


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:37 AM
 

"Women are just not coordinated and good athletes." Well, I guess I've had my fill of wildly irrational sexist remarks for the day. Because that comment is truly a big huge pile of cr@p.

2020 student level member

this guy agrees with you


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:39 AM
 

"Reject a woman, and she will never let it go. One of the many defects of their kind. Also, weak arms."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKUnr3y9lZo



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Women are not coordinated and good athletes?


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:40 AM
 

I know quite a few women who could probably school you in any sport


May be boring to you, but here's a challenge for you


Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:44 AM
 

And let me start by saying for 100% elite women athletes do not compare with elite male athletes...in any sport.

Not coordinated? Not good athletes?

Good sir, I could introduce you to a several dozen "women" (all under the age of 13) that I promise you could
A: Run a mile faster than you
B: Run any distance farther than a mile faster than you
C: Make you look absolutely silly in several sports

How do I know this? If you were half an athlete yourself, you wouldn't be disparaging other athletes.

Many women do love sports but watch male sports because it is the highest level. Same reason youth sports are not on tv..no one would watch.

Not that I write all this I cannot even believe I wasted time responding to your trollish nonsense.


Replies: 25  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have not got anything about buying football tickets for This year. In the mail. Maybe they are w...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2290 people have read this post