Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Targeting" - PUHLEEZZEE!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,036

"Targeting" - PUHLEEZZEE!

Jan 4, 2017, 12:34 PM

I hate the term "targeting". 97% of the "targeting" ejections are live play helmet-to-helmet contact situations with zero intent to "target" the ball carrier or QB. "Targeting" implies intent like criminal malice aforethought.

What we needed (and have done so) to get rid of was the "body launching" that was indeed "targeting". I've seen zero of that since the targeting penalty started. And that's a good thing. But, applying it using a zero tolerance approach is unnecessary and harmful to the game.

And worst of all, the "offender" is run off the field like a criminal. And losing key defenders does make a real difference. When Dorian got run off the field a couple of games ago, it nearly cost us.

Somebody on TNet please do something about that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's complete BS when the defender goes into his

Jan 4, 2017, 12:45 PM

tackling motion and the ball carrier subsequently lowers his helmet creating helmet to helmet contact. Some of it comes down to tackling technique but defenders don't always have the luxury of keeping their head up due to the speed of the game, so they go low and the ball carrier lowers himself.

The other thing that sucks is a late hit penalty when the ball carrier barely steps out of bounds then tries to keep running, refs call it dead as the carrier is getting hit. Sorry, but if you're still trying to advance the ball, the defender should still be able to hit you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Completely agree GWP***

Jan 4, 2017, 12:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't encourage him.***

Jan 4, 2017, 1:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Seriously....

Jan 4, 2017, 1:19 PM

It's to the point now where I never get excited about a good defensive play until I double check and get confirmation that there are no flags for targeting, a late hit, unnecessary roughness, etc. etc.

Officiating has gotten way too ticky-tack. And it has completely changed the game to have judgement calls by referees play such a big factor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,036
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic