Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Serious predictions

Nov 24, 2014, 4:08 PM

Today was a typical Monday in the WestZone...we talked about the game and the matchups, would Watson play, how would Stoudt perform if he has to play, etc. And for the first time I really got down to thinking about my feelings about the game....So here are some thoughts and you can agree or disagree. I just like a lively discussion.

I like what South Carolina has been able to do on offense. But I don't think they can run the football (they haven't for a few years, except by a QB on third down) and that won't change this year. Making Dylan Thompson extremely one dimensional leads to turnovers. They will, of course, score points. Jayron Kearse or someone will blow a coverage and Byrd or Cooper will catch a long one, or even two or three that will lead to points. I see South Carolina in the 17-20 point range, top end.

As for Clemson - it all comes down to turnovers, just like it has over the past five seasons. I've defended Cole Stoudt a bunch on here, but if he is late in delivering the football (like he was at Tech and some other games) he will get picked off even though South Carolina is bad defensively. I expect Morris to pound the rock with Dye and Gallman. So much so that about midway through the second quarter Clemson fans will be complaining about how boring the game plan is.

If Watson plays and can play the whole game, I expect Clemson to win by 8 or more. If Stoudt has to go part of the game, I still think Clemson can win but the defense or special teams will have to find a way to get a score. Right now, gut says 20-17 Clemson, but alot of that depends on Watson's health. Not X's and O's, but DeShawn Williams told us today that the coaching staff is focused on getting this win, and I've been told there are no outsiders (coaches, friends, etc) at practice this week. I think South Carolina gets Clemson's best shot.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff as always David

Nov 24, 2014, 4:11 PM

Also I like that some coot TDed you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey

Nov 24, 2014, 4:11 PM

I ain't no coot.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Well......

Nov 24, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Good stuff as always David ]

I can't worry about Coots and their thumbs. Who knows where those things have been???

would you like for me to tell you?

Nov 24, 2014, 4:13 PM

I'd be glad to, but LBU might get mad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Who?***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:13 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

the lady on the end of my thumb

Nov 24, 2014, 4:14 PM

duh.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Sounds like

Nov 24, 2014, 4:15 PM

a personal problem

for me

Nov 24, 2014, 4:16 PM

or the lady?

Re: Well......***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Well...... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Coot TD bandit got me too...COME AT ME BRO***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Good stuff as always David ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to see it only took the coaches 5 years to get

Nov 24, 2014, 4:14 PM

Focused winning the game and giving the coots our best shot..

As always, thanks for your solid input David. Very interested in practice reports today and tomorrow...

We've been focused on this game every year but for whatever

Nov 24, 2014, 4:47 PM

reason haven't always played well. Still, you can't really say we were much better any year of the 5. A lil' better last year and the year before, maybe, at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious predictions

Nov 24, 2014, 4:15 PM

Being completely honest and realistic - I think if Cole plays the whole game, we lose a close one - somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-17 or so. I think if Deshaun gets the start, we can win big (14+), but I'm honestly convinced Dabo and Chad want to see Cole play and win this whole game ("blah blah we wanted to send Cole out with a victory against the rivals in his last game at DV blah"). That being said, if Deshaun does start and we get a good lead, I can see them pulling him and putting in Cole... Cole throws a pick or two and we win by a TD. I pray that Dabo and/or Chad put whatever feelings they have aside and start the QB that gives us the best chance to play the game. If Deshaun is cleared by the doctors, let him start and play as much as he wants. I'd like to think we'll win - and I do believe we can, but it all comes down to who starting in that position.

Out of curiousity..

Nov 24, 2014, 4:17 PM

what makes you think Watson can make it the whole game ?

Clemson wins, sticking to my 26-17 prediction

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out of curiousity..

Nov 24, 2014, 4:23 PM

I don't think they'll be able to get to him much, if at all. I think we rely heavily on a running game and keep him from having to scramble. Their D is atrocious. In no way do I think we send out a 75% healthy DW and let him turn into the next RG3, but... I think he's fine and all this mess is just a way to once again put the game in Cole's hands. Based on that other article, I get the feeling they've already told him he's got the start.

Have we been watching the same OL?

Nov 24, 2014, 4:32 PM

I don't have much confidence in them being able to keep pressure off of DW. If he plays, he needs to be in good enough shape to take some hits/and or run for his life. It doesn't take a great DL to get to our QBs, GT and Wake got behind the LOS all night.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious predictions ]

Wiser ...you honestly believe that the coaches are willing to risk this game, by not playing Deshaun if he's healthy, so Cole might go out as winning QB?

Nov 24, 2014, 4:51 PM

I hate to say it, and to question our coaching staff - but yea... Yea, I do. I don't think they realistically thought Stoudt was the best QB at the beginning of the year, I don't see how Schuessler is so much worse than Stoudt that they wouldn't give him a shot until it was too late in the GT game. I don't think Stoudt gives us our best chance to win - I don't even think he's our 2nd best QB on the team. But I do think, for whatever rea$on, Cole has been promised this game and that he will start it.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:17 PM

Really only worried about their guys running free downfield. I like our defense and our safeties a lot, but I've noticed that both Jones and Byrd have the speed to get over the top of about anyone if they get a free release and can run to a "spot" downfield. Really think it's in our best interest to abuse those guys with our bigger corners at LOS.

I could see us completely shutting them down or them getting some big plays that keep it close in light of those details.

I don't think they can run either.

If Morris ran the ball so much in the first half that people were complaining about being bored...I would be one happy Tiger fan.

I second a boring but thorough run game

Nov 24, 2014, 4:18 PM

Just pound away and beat them physically.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We play press man w/ Alexander on cooper, they won't

Nov 24, 2014, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious predictions ]

have a chance for 20 pts. Defense I'm not worried about. I Just saw this team score 6 pts against a horrible GT defense that hasn't stopped anyone all year but us. As bad as the coot defense may be, it won't matter if we play like that. Here's to hoping the bad luck is on them this time around.

Coach "V" will have the "D" ready
if Coach "M" will get away from calling the plays
everyone in the country knows he's going to call
and comes up with the plays our "O" can run
look to see most of the cockerel fans departing
DV early 3rd quarter with OBS wearing a Oxygen Mask

Just curious, did the players or coaches mention anything

about this rumor going around that we are going to let the coots run down the hill before we do?

I really hope this is just that...a rumor.

TIA davidsteele

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Just curious, did the players or coaches mention anything

Nov 24, 2014, 4:20 PM

LOL

Are you an idiot or just insane?

Nov 24, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Just curious, did the players or coaches mention anything ]

r

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you an idiot or just insane?

Nov 24, 2014, 4:26 PM

Yes, he is.

Where is the option for both?***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Are you an idiot or just insane? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We've had a tendency to play tighter than a snare drum....

Nov 24, 2014, 4:20 PM

in this game which has contributed, at least in part to the streak. We just need to relax, go out and play, and have some fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Funny, same reason our baseball team loses to

Nov 24, 2014, 4:21 PM

those inbreds too. It's actually not funny, like haha funny, but sad funny...well I think you get what I'm saying.

Wishful thinking....another 63-17....

Nov 24, 2014, 4:22 PM

serious prediction - I think we pull out a close one. I don't know that either team makes it past 21 points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Is this really different

Nov 24, 2014, 4:23 PM

than the past year or two? I had heard from players that the coaches put a lot of pressure on them to win this game. Coach Morris alluded to playing tight in his interview. I am honestly curious as to how the coaches have walked that thin line between keeping everyone focused and having the team on eggshells.

If we win, we should get countdown clocks for every game!!

Nov 24, 2014, 4:25 PM

Then we may be world champions!

Our D is still vulnerable to the zone read.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:25 PM

I know Thompson isn't Shaw, but do you think they will have that in the playbook?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I hope so. Dylan would get wrecked. He's no Shaw.***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:33 PM

of course, but it wont be dt running it.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Our D is still vulnerable to the zone read. ]

it will be pharoah cooper running it.

Re: of course, but it wont be dt running it.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:47 PM

Who?

OH - Pharoh

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Our D is still vulnerable to the zone read.

Nov 24, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Our D is still vulnerable to the zone read. ]

What makes you say Clemson has trouble against the zone read?

Running down the hill....

Nov 24, 2014, 4:26 PM

I saw a few posts earlier about this, and figured it was just somebody being funny. And then I see a few more posts, and I wonder if people if people are just gullible. I mean you do realize that no opposing team - especially those people - will ever, ever, EVER run down that hill unless they pay to get into the Ladies Clinic in late July. Right???

Re: Running down the hill....

Nov 24, 2014, 4:27 PM

Well that's not what I heard.

^^^^ found juan ^^^^***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Running down the hill.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running down the hill....

Nov 24, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Running down the hill.... ]

Wait - so you're saying their kicker gets to run down the hill next Summer... I think that's what you're saying.

People be cray cray....HTH***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Running down the hill.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Obviously you didn't see where Nikki

Nov 24, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Running down the hill.... ]

Haley made a national holiday for it

At this point there's just too much talk circulating to

Nov 24, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Running down the hill.... ]

completely ignore this as a possibility. So if their team isn't going to run down the hill, you think it might just be Marcus Lattimore that gets to run down it? Maybe the rumor just exploded from Marcus to the entire team.

i went and checked on fgf and tif and there is talk of ML

Nov 24, 2014, 4:37 PM

being on our sideline, but nothing about how he got there? that would be a classy move by clemson, imo. would he ride the bus or just meet up at the rock?

We have a different bus for Gamecocks to ride

Nov 24, 2014, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sorry, I'm not a logistics expert, so I have no idea.***

Nov 24, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to i went and checked on fgf and tif and there is talk of ML ]

Has anyone contacted UPS about this?

Nov 24, 2014, 4:49 PM

What can Brown do for you

Walk with a noticable limp would be my guess

Nov 24, 2014, 4:51 PM [ in reply to i went and checked on fgf and tif and there is talk of ML ]

;)

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic