Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd is serious about taking Clemson to new heights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Aug 9, 2011, 11:24 PM

Tajh Boyd is serious about this season, and he is serious about the opportunity he has been given. And he makes no secret that his goal, even this season, is to win an ACC Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh Boyd is serious about taking Clemson to new heights

Aug 9, 2011, 11:34 PM

Awesome post...helps so much, to know how Tajh, and the other key players are thinking, maturing, leading, etc!
Definitely personalizes the game!
Thanks again for the post.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2011, 11:36 PM

### wish he had taken over last yr with this mindset instead of "MR Im going on to play professional Baseball". Dont get me wrong KP was good QB with a hell of a supporting cast (IE Spiller, Ford etc). Take away his supporting cast and KP didnt have those guys to bail him out when in trouble as it was proven last yr. I dont think KP ever had mentality going into last season as Boyd does this season since BOYD is 100% percent focused on team and getting to ACC Title game, NOT another sport professionally.

You have to love that attitude...

Aug 10, 2011, 12:00 AM

Tajh sounds as serious as the coaches, and apparently his work ethic is rubbing off on his teammates. He's fired up and it's contagious and hopefully will spread like wildfire!

Re: You have to love that attitude...

Aug 10, 2011, 9:38 AM

Hope all Tajh`s and the rest of the team`s hard work pays off this yr!!!!!!!!!! Goooooooooooo Tigers!!

Aug 10, 2011, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh Boyd is serious about taking Clemson to new heights ]

It would've been great if Tajh would've had this urgency from the time he got on campus, instead of being ok with being in the background on the sidelines.

Also, I thinik KP would've been much better last year had his ribs not been completely screwed. I've had cracked and broken ribs and it makes everyday tasks he!! much less throwing, scrambling, and getting hit.

I hope tajh has truly changed his mindset and that this isn't just talk. It got me fired up reading it seeing that these guys seemingly get that our tigers have underperformed for years. I hope it makes them as sick as it does me.

I started going to games regularly when I started school at Clemson in '03 and havent stopped since. There is nothing that comes close to the feeling I get on gameday in Clemson. It's an amazing atmosphere and I hope this team makes it even more electrifying with lots and lots of W's.

Aug 10, 2011, 10:55 AM

Tajh didn't have a choice last year, he told the coaches that he felt like he could lead the team better than KP and was just over-looked repeatedly by the coaching staff, so much that we almost lost him to a transfer..

Aug 10, 2011, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh Boyd is serious about taking Clemson to new heights ]

You loved KP all season and hated bashers I am sure. If Boyd performs or acts like KP did/coach bashing. My boyyyy Chad will sit him. Problem was not "Mr. Im going on to play professional Baseball" It was "Mr. I need to be best buds with my star players and keep star players parents happy"
we got a head coach in offensive coordinators clothing. We can hide the flaws that is our head coach.

Aug 10, 2011, 12:27 AM

This guy or the QB that the coaching staff won't let talk to the media unless he's apologizing... it's so hard to imagine which one I'd rather have.

Even if this season doesn't pan out, Boyd will go down as one of my most respected players of all time because every word out of his mouth indicates that he cares about the game, the team, and his growth as a player and student. That's a rare thing in NCAA football these days.

Aug 10, 2011, 12:36 AM

Thumbs up.

It's nice to see a guy so serious about making his team better.

I know he has a strong arm and good feet (he does need to avoid more big hits)...

...but if all I hear the rest of the season is that the only thing this guy cares about is winning and doing his job, I think the rest just falls into place. There are very few QB's with his measurables and attitude that don't succeed.

Aug 10, 2011, 6:55 AM

The only thing I can add to what everyone has said is, Tajh Boyd's light has come on. And his light is brighter than any we have had at QB in a longggggg time. GOOOOOOO TIGERSSSSSSS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I admit it. I just got a slight mancrush on Tajh

Aug 10, 2011, 8:05 AM

Cause he sounds like a man's man.

Serious. Prepared. Ready to Win.

IIIIIIIIIIIII Like It!

Re: I admit it. I just got a slight mancrush on Tajh

Aug 10, 2011, 9:17 AM

nothing like a good ol bromance. lol

If talking = winning Dabo & Co would be the '85 bears***

Aug 10, 2011, 8:40 AM

Re: If talking = winning Dabo & Co would be the '85 bears***

Aug 10, 2011, 7:10 PM

So that would make Dabo = Ditka. Not too far off....and also Buddy Ryan inventing 46 defense similiar to Dabo inventing nifty slogans for the team.
Clemson just may be the 85 bears....

P.S. Think I heard Proctor and Cullen Harper, and Willie Korn talking about winning the ACC Championship. It does not have to be stated to want to do it. It should be assumed. Just go deliver and stop worrying about pleasing tigernet and tweeting followers.

Im loving me some Tajh Boyd right now***

Aug 10, 2011, 9:37 AM

Aug 10, 2011, 9:40 AM

Tajh- you are very well spoken & have the heart of a champion. I totally dig the fact that you also understand that actions on the field speak much louder than words! You have grown so much in such a short amount of time. We are very glad to have you at Clemson University under center!! I have new found respect for you after reading your heartfelt comments. You sound like a real man on the football field. Keep that awesome mindset, lead by example, execute to the best of your ability & we WILL win ball games!! God bless you & the Clemson Tigers young man!! Very proud of what you are becoming!

Re: Tajh Boyd is starting to understand...

Aug 10, 2011, 10:07 AM

what it truly means to represent Clemson University and what a great opportunity this is. I hope it is contagious. I wish him all the success in the world. Work hard and be a leader by example young man. Great things are about to happen for you and for the Clemson Tigers! Go Tigers!!!!

Aug 10, 2011, 10:12 AM

Im sorry, if that isn't the best attitude weve had at an in forever, I dont know what is. I'm looking forward to the Boyd era at Clemson.

Aug 10, 2011, 10:12 AM

At qb*. Autocorrect got me

Sergio Leone now designing front page******

Aug 10, 2011, 3:07 PM

Finally, a TB we can count on!***

Aug 10, 2011, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 10, 2011, 8:39 PM

Mostly, Tajh needs to be serious about not turning the ball over against Troy.
Then be serious about the same points in the Wofford game.
Then the Auburn game...

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic