Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Selling Booze in the Stadium. Who is for it and who is Agin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Selling Booze in the Stadium. Who is for it and who is Agin

Sep 6, 2015, 6:25 AM

it? I was reading a article in the Greenville News about many other Schools selling beer and wine inside the Stadiums and making $millions profit. That it really didn't make people drink more. Booze not cheap so most don't over do it. Not selling to obvious drunks. I think it is a good idea. May stop some from leaving during the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in favor of providing free alcohol for all of our

Sep 6, 2015, 6:29 AM

opponents...beginning with their staff and team members...just prior to the games, of course.

The fans can fend for themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you're on to something.***

Sep 6, 2015, 7:08 AM

or maybe just on something :-)

Sep 6, 2015, 6:04 PM

Re: Selling Booze in the Stadium. Who is for it and who is Agin

Sep 6, 2015, 6:59 AM

I enjoy a cold one or three, tailgating, and the Esso Club as much as anyone..but enjoy more seeing all the youngsters with their families having a good time in the stands. I can do without it during the game and don't want the kids to see it's effects either. Of course I'm not saying that everyone who purchased a beer would turn into a rowdy foul-mouthed drunk, however it increases the chances. I would rather that my ticket price be raised a buck or two and keep the Clemson Family atmosphere a fun venue for all. Just my 2 cents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks don't leave during halftime to drink.

Sep 6, 2015, 7:05 AM

They leave to enjoy the fellowship with friends they've had for years, some even decades. It doesn't matter to me if they sell beer or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never understood how people can spend 100's or even

Sep 6, 2015, 8:24 AM

1000's of dollars for tickets, 100's more for getting there, drive hours to see the Tigers...and then watch half a game. I've never left early and if I ever get too old to stand, I'll stay home and watch on tv

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS,funny they go for the cooler before the Fellowship.***

Sep 6, 2015, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Folks don't leave during halftime to drink. ]

Fellowship can be enjoyed pre or post game but doubt

Sep 6, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Folks don't leave during halftime to drink. ]

that there are that many just going to meet old friends unless their name is Bud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 8:01 AM

totally against it. That's what my grandkids need some drunk spilling beer on them. Have enough obnoxious fans at games -some wearing orange.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:02 AM

They dat they do I have attended my last game and donated my last dollar.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:07 AM

Terrible idea and the end of Clemson as we know it.

Just stop the pass outs.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:13 AM

Should have stopped them way back when half time was shortened for TV purposes. Don't need alcohol sales.Last thing we need to put with is drunk idiots. Rational people can go a few hours(Tailgate to game's end)without a drink.

It's not rational to limit yourself on gameday.***

Sep 6, 2015, 9:05 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:16 AM

I'm all for drinking responsibly and I don't even drink, but I think it's a bad idea. I think it will help ruin a great game day experience in my opinion because of a few abusers. And I really don't want to see a family getting killed by some idiot who drank too much going home.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:15 AM

Not to mention the chance that someone drunk takes a header off the top deck.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:21 AM

Isn't this an issue of state law regarding alcohol sales on state property?

I don't think its a Clemson decision.

Agin

Sep 6, 2015, 8:24 AM

Clemson football has historically been family-friendly. It's gotten bad enough through the past years in some of the tailgating lots at night games that there are lots I won't take MY family. People are out of control in those lots. Selling it openly in the stadium would end it for me. If that's what Clemson decides to stand for in the future in the name of $$$$ then so be it, but I'll be out.

im OK without it. I've been to many bowl games and usually purchase one beer. The drunks

Sep 6, 2015, 8:48 AM

In the stands can get annoying. I've seen beer spilled all over people at bowl/kickoff games and once happened to my mom.

Re: im OK without it. I've been to many bowl games and usually purchase one beer. The drunks

Sep 6, 2015, 9:10 AM

No beer sales in stands, it will destroy the family atmosphere that Clemson is known for. If you can't last 3 hours without a drink or need a buzz to support the Tigers, you should watch from the tailgate site or from your own recliner. Just my thoughts....or here's an idea....sneak in a flask!

Re: im OK without it. I've been to many bowl games and usually purchase one beer. The drunks

Sep 6, 2015, 9:35 AM

Wow. So many people are SOOO uptight on here. I moved to Orlando after graduating Clemson. UCF sold alcohol when they played games in the Citrus Bowl. And every NFL game I have been to sold alcohol. The fans were no different than at Clemson games. I guess only Clemson fans can't control themselves???
I love Clemson and I grew up in South Carolina. But it's exactly this attitude that caused me to move when I graduated. Take care of yourself and let other people be adults. It's amazing how the world doesn't end in other parts of the country when people are allowed to make their own decisions.

Sep 6, 2015, 5:47 PM

I tend to agree with you. Have some family in West Virginia and they recently introduced beer sales there - wasn't an issue at all

Sep 6, 2015, 8:53 AM

I am opposed because of my experiences at NFL games. The truth is that you end up with a lot of over served drunks. One of the things that has always made Clemson special is the family atmosphere. Serving alcohol at games is in direct conflict with that tradition. Its hard to take kids to NFL games because of the antics of drunk fans. There is plenty of opportunity to drink at the tailgate. Its not worth the revenue.

For.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:00 AM

We can't have teetotalers running our alcohol policy. ????

Sep 6, 2015, 9:08 AM

Not for it. If you can not go 4 hours without a beer than you need to go to next AAA meeting soon. Plus would have to have twice as many men bathrooms and that would take from the women bathrooms. They would be so angry about it and then there goes the so called benefit of having beer. MAD mom/wife/girlfriend vs expensive beer during game!?!

You can have booze in the stadium as long as you are rich/ connected. Go hang out in a box sometime.***

Sep 6, 2015, 9:16 AM

What's the point of being rich if there aren't any perks?***

Sep 6, 2015, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: What's the point of being rich if there aren't any perks?***

Sep 6, 2015, 12:21 PM

I'd rather someone sip on an overpriced beer than sneak in 6-8 airplane bottles of liquor.

That's a good point.***

Sep 6, 2015, 12:35 PM

Sep 6, 2015, 12:28 PM

The primary argument against it is that it'll ruin the "family atmosphere." Well, if that means I don't see someone chuck a bottle of Jack Daniels down from the upper deck onto the field and put folks' lives in danger, I'll gladly surrender that "family atmosphere" in favor of people buying a couple $8 16 oz beers.

I support my right to drink, but I don't support anyone

Sep 6, 2015, 12:33 PM

else's. :) I think it would do more harm than good. Alcohol ruins the gameday experience for a lot of people. Having no alcohol wouldn't ruin anything except for alcoholics, as Clemson gamedays are awesome. I would rather cater to families over alcoholics.

For those of us who like to drink, we can do it downtown, or at the tailgate.

no..when it aint broke...***

Sep 6, 2015, 1:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Didn't think I would say this, but after going to some

Sep 6, 2015, 1:26 PM

Nfl games over the past few years, I think it's just a mess and creates an unfriendly family environment that is not Clemson.

You could make the generalization of NFL= Yankees and ncaaf is more southern, but I don't want to mess with our atmosphere at all!

Wow! This is one of the most civillized threads I have seen

Sep 6, 2015, 4:05 PM

on Tnet. Interesting comments too. I think I read where 20 something other colleges sell booze in the Stadium. USCsuk, Clemson etc don't

People already drink in the stadium... Clemson might as well

Sep 6, 2015, 1:26 PM

profit off it. When I was a student, I would bring in a flask to many games... a quick mix into a concession coke kept me cheering loud and proud. I would have preferred to drink beer in the game, but it was much harder to sneak beer in. I would be a huge fan of beer sales until the third quarter like at NFL games and at bowl games. I don't think it would be encourage any more public drunkedness at Clemson games then what already exists.

Another note... for all the whiners about people who leave at half time and take a long time to come back... Many of those people go out to get a beer at the tailgate... if you give someone the option to not have to walk all the way back to their parking spot, have a cooler set up with $5 beers in the concourse... that will keep more people around.

**By the way, I am posting this not as an alcoholic haha although I will probably be made out to be one. I haven't sneaked alcohol into the stadium since I graduated... oh college

Message was edited by: djosey13®

Not against drinking, but that is just asking for trouble. .

Sep 6, 2015, 2:44 PM

I woul vote no. If you can't go 3 hours without, then you probably have a problem. I think passouts should also be stopped. Just my two cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So instead of buying a soft drink or water, they buy a

Sep 6, 2015, 4:25 PM

beer but it DOESN'T make them drink more?????

Sep 6, 2015, 4:45 PM

Personally I'm against sales in the stadium. Have seats in south lower section UR. About 4-5 years ago I had some idiot next to me toss his cookies (apparently everything he had eaten for the month) about the time of kickoff. What a mess. Must have been drinking all day and then the heat, the confines, etc. did him in. Regardless of the price, people will buy it if they want it. And some just won't know when to say when.

Re: Selling Booze in the Stadium. Uhh

Sep 6, 2015, 5:02 PM

According to the posts here we can't even manage efficiently selling the normal concessions

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic