Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Christian Wilkins rated #2 impact recruit by ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Christian Wilkins rated #2 impact recruit by ESPN

Jan 16, 2015, 9:26 AM

Christian Wilkins rated #2 impact recruit by ESPN

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to be a common misconception that we have no DTs

Jan 16, 2015, 9:46 AM

DJ Reader and Carlos Watkins return from the 2014 two-deep and Scott Pagano is going to play a lot. Jabril Robinson has been getting a lot of mentions by the coaching staff as well.

All that said, Christian Wilkins could very well come in and take playing time from all of them. Sure hope so!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we've been blessed running 5 guys out in that rotation for 3

Jan 16, 2015, 9:49 AM

years. we've got 3 that are "known" factors coming into 2015, that's all i take it as, but perhaps that's just me.

i'm looking forward to these guys stepping into their own, all of them have been in this system from day 1.

should be fun watching it come together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could this be

Jan 16, 2015, 10:07 AM

the class that puts Clemson over that hill they've been climbing? I know it's taken years of hard work on the field and days and days on the road recruiting, but with this class and what could (should?) be a very, very good year in 2015, there's a lot to be excited about.
Go Tigers!!

Re: we've been blessed running 5 guys out in that rotation for 3

Jan 16, 2015, 6:21 PM [ in reply to we've been blessed running 5 guys out in that rotation for 3 ]

Exactly, and Coach Brooks did so at Tennessee, too, so.

All of our D coaches have been stud coaches before Clemson.

All-Star coaching staff and their recruits. Not some new staff with other coaches players.

Last year was year 3 in the system for the seniors.

No we will not be exactly the same this year but the thought of those proven coaches not getting our talent up and ready is absurd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems to be a common misconception that we have no DTs

Jan 16, 2015, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Seems to be a common misconception that we have no DTs ]

I didn't take it that he was over looking what we already have, I took it as he thinks Wilkins will be that dang good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that too. if i had a "fav" recruit in this class, he might

Jan 16, 2015, 9:55 AM

be it considering he was an unexpected surprise and seems from all indications everything cu fans had hoped for in mount adams.

Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems to be a common misconception that we have no DTs ]

Well, he did say that Clemson lost just about everyone in its two-deep at DT ... that's all I was responding to. The common misconception.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2015, 10:05 AM

I agree. Every time the talking heads on TV mention Clemson, it's followed by how we are not expected to have a defense this year. I'm already tired of it. No, I don't expect us to be a #1 defense, but I certainly expect top 20-15. I hope this puts a chip on their shoulder and makes them come together quickly.

Jan 16, 2015, 5:55 PM

The only chip they will need is the one BV puts on their azzez;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2015, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Seems to be a common misconception that we have no DTs ]

We will probably need one of the freshmen to break the 2-deep year one. Wilkinson could definitely be that guy. Our coaches, though, have been churning out NFL talent for years. We will find players to develop if need be, but I think Wilkins will play significant snaps as a freshman.

Jan 16, 2015, 5:05 PM

*Wilkins. And he will produce.

Jan 17, 2015, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems to be a common misconception that we have no DTs ]

Huggins will too. These to guys has the passion, confident, will, and drive it takes to play this game.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Christian Wilkins rated #2 impact recruit by ESPN

Jan 16, 2015, 9:48 AM

Sooooooooooooo....where is his 5th start then ESPN?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Awesome***

Jan 16, 2015, 11:52 AM

Re: Awesome***

Jan 16, 2015, 6:29 PM

Actually I dont mind everyone thinking we are depleted on defense...I'd rather everyone think they dont have to prepare hard for our defense and we just show it on the field...I like being the underdog...we do well in that situation...

Re: Awesome***

Jan 17, 2015, 11:59 PM

Agreed, we played our best ball when we'd been the underdog.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic