Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball

May 24, 2016, 9:23 AM

Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball

May 24, 2016, 9:31 AM

@epifunny isn't going to be happy about this. Clearly SC isn't deserving of a national seed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Looking back, I'm pretty sure

May 24, 2016, 9:41 AM

we beat South Carolina. Just like football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I concur. Banishment for Classless***

May 24, 2016, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 24, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball ]

Hey look everyone its Classless trolling again.

Dont you have a thug to defend below.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Give me a marquee series win for SC

May 24, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball ]

Ole Miss? Lost the series against Vandy and TAMU (no harm there) but losing to UGA and UK are killers. Had of the easier conference schedules in that you missed out on LSU and MIss St.

Host...sure. National seed...borderline.

Re: Give me a marquee series win for SC

May 24, 2016, 10:52 AM

Every projection I've seen has had us as national seed. So it's not as controversial as you guys are trying to make it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like most of the projections

May 24, 2016, 11:13 AM

have SC in as a placeholder depending on what happens in various tournaments. Most of the projections are just based purely on RPI. I don't think the NCAA is going to like the optics of perhaps 7 national seeds coming from the ACC and SEC. Miami, Louisville, TAMU, Miss St and Florida are locks. FSU and either SC/LSU are going to get left out.

In my opinion, the NCAA is going to give the benefit of the doubt to teams that have a lower RPI but are outside those 2 conferences (like Texas Tech, TCU, maybe even a Coastal) if those same teams blow through their conference tournaments. It will be hard to go to the west coast because Arizona is just so far down in the RPI.

I also think that the biggest threat to Clemson hosting is not on the field, but in the back room. The BA projection has 11 of 16 hosts from the ACC and SEC. D1baseball was 12 last week. I can't see the NCAA giving more than 10 and likely 9. The ACC and SEC have an embarrassment of riches this year but I don't think that the NCAA is going to reward that depth. They could save a ton on travel money by moving the CWS from Omaha to Turner Field (not like the braves need it). Its so southeast dominated that they are going to end up looking at the bracket and go "can't have that. got to manipulate it to give us national credibility."

Re: Seems like most of the projections

May 24, 2016, 11:34 AM

You may be right. I agree obviously things can drastically change based on how the conference tournaments play out.

If we go 0-2 we won't be a national seed. We also won't be one of we go 1-2 and LSU or Ole Miss wins the tournament.

D1 now has 13 host sites from ACC/SEC

May 24, 2016, 12:06 PM

http://www.d1baseball.com/projections/d1baseball64052416/

never gonna happen.

23-2 start to a 42-13 finish ...

May 24, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball ]

23-2 start to a 42-13 finish ... with series losses to Kentucky and Georgia down the stretch.

Sounds more like a very good overall record, but with a distinct downward trend toward the finish that should equate to hosting a regional, but is nowhere near the level of a national seed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who were those first 2 losses again?

May 24, 2016, 10:50 AM

I forgot.

#Boom***

May 24, 2016, 11:50 AM

Re: 23-2 start to a 42-13 finish ...

May 24, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to 23-2 start to a 42-13 finish ... ]

What?

Every national seed will be on a downward trend based on this logic. You're always going to lose more games in the second half of the season when playing conference games.

Louisville is 22-4 over the last half of the season.

May 24, 2016, 2:35 PM

Miami is also streaking down the stretch.

So is Virginia ...

Every national seed?

May 24, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: 23-2 start to a 42-13 finish ... ]

Over the last 10 games...

Louisville 10-0 (17-3 in the last 20)
Miami 9-1
LSU 9-1
Clemson 8-2
Texas Tech 8-2
Florida 6-4
Texas A&M 6-4
Capons 6-4
Ole Miss 6-4
Wuffies 2-8
Vandy 6-4

Looks to me like most of the potential national seeds on a downward trend (LSU excluded) have a certain conference conviviality.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incoming "SEC just beats up on itself" excuse.***

May 24, 2016, 3:25 PM

Re: Every national seed?

May 24, 2016, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Every national seed? ]

Yes, every national seed if you want to use a logically consistent argument.

We are 3-0 in our last 3 games if I get to pick and choose my time frame like you are.

May 24, 2016, 9:53 PM

You said that looking at the second half of the season, that every national seed was on a downward trend.

That is a demonstrably false statement.

SCar is obviously on a downward trend, while Louisville, Miami, LSU and several others are not.

May 24, 2016, 10:38 PM

Louisville was 15-2 before conference play or 88% winning percentage. Louisville finished 46-10 or won 79% of their games after conference play started.

Miami was 11-2 before conference play or 84%. Miami finished 43-10 or won 80% of their remaining games after conference plays started.

LSU was 13-3 before conference play started or 81%. LSU finished 39-17 or losing 65% of their remaining games after conference play started.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

Please continue to make a nonsensical argument by trying to play with the schedule to create a nonsensical point.

Miami actually started 28-4 then finished 15-6 so good luck trying to manipulate that one lol

SCar is trending downward ... that's a fact.

May 25, 2016, 11:31 AM

SCar has trended downward ... that's a fact that is hard to dispute.

SCar began 23-2 and then went 19-11 the rest of the way.

So your counter-argument is that Louisville and Miami both lost 8 games after conference play began?

Well, SCar lost 11 games after conference play began. This includes avoiding a rubber match in the series against Florida.

And the kicker is that this includes the benefit getting off to a perfect 6-0 start in SEC play beforehand, contributing to that gaudy 23-2 record.

Louisville and Miami have show much more consistency this year than SCar ... a team that has obviously done considerably worse in the last half of the season than the other national seed candidates.

PS: Miami had two probable wins vs Notre Dame cancelled, while SCar had the game vs Florida get cancelled. Playing these games would have probably further skewed the results in Miami's favor.

Re: SCar is trending downward ... that's a fact.

May 25, 2016, 3:05 PM

Like I said every good team goes on a downward trend when conference play starts.

May 25, 2016, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Every national seed? ]

I believe it was an NCAA article that said SCar schedule was extremely week. That should play a part in them getting a better seed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 25, 2016, 8:01 AM

Our SOS was 19th. If that's extremely weak I don't know what to say.

My apologies ... didn't realize 10 games was arbitrary

May 25, 2016, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Every national seed? ]

You DO realize what a weak retort that was, I hope....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My apologies ... didn't realize 10 games was arbitrary

May 25, 2016, 7:38 AM

Rev, you're too smart to make such a sophomoric argument.

You know you're trying to cover up g variable that is actually causing the result.

May 25, 2016, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Every national seed? ]

MAYBE YOU BETTER WAIT AND SEE HOW YOU DO IN HOOVER BEFORE YOU ANOINT YOURSELF. FILL US IN ON THE RECORD DOWN IN HOOVER AGAIN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2016, 8:05 AM

Of course if we suck it up in Hoover we won't be deserving of a national seed.

May 24, 2016, 10:39 AM

So Vandy has gone from talk of a national seed to #2 in the Clemson regional.

They are 1 - 4 in their last 5 series***

May 24, 2016, 10:45 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic