Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE

Aug 24, 2017, 6:37 PM

Elliott names starters at RB, TE

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh boy - time for Internet Coach Lesson #41237***

Aug 24, 2017, 6:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I thought C.J. Fuller looked

Aug 24, 2017, 6:47 PM

very impressive last year and became a real spark and play-maker. He also looked better and better as the year went on and played great against top flight opponents.

Re: Personally, I thought C.J. Fuller looked

Aug 24, 2017, 8:45 PM

I'm not sure how much of a spark he provides but I certainly view him as dependable. That to me is a tie breaker early in the season when you are feeling out your new QB and some other new packages etc.

Re: Personally, I thought C.J. Fuller looked

Aug 24, 2017, 9:36 PM

Remember the catches CJ had running wheel routes against the coots and OH Lol St last year. If Etienne or Feaster beats him out we will be fine.

Re: FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE

Aug 24, 2017, 7:03 PM

Every position goes by seniority. Duh

Coincidence?

No.

lol.***

Aug 24, 2017, 7:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2017, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE ]

DJ Greenlee is the most senior HE and Choice and Fuller r the same class.

Hope that is sarcasm***

Aug 24, 2017, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope that is sarcasm***

Aug 24, 2017, 9:18 PM

It's not. She's a troll.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and not a good one. Pulse tells you all you need to know.***

Aug 25, 2017, 6:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 24, 2017, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE ]

Then why is Dex starting over Huggins? Why isn't Maverick Morris starting at RT or LG? Why did Wiggins leave because sophomores where going to get more PT than him? What about DJ Greenlee?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS BAYYYYYYBEEEE !!!!***

Aug 25, 2017, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

No Tee Higgins In That Early Rotation? ---

Aug 24, 2017, 7:12 PM

Can you really have one(Amari Rodgers) without the other (Tee Higgins)?

Time will definitely tell.

Forgot about Garrett Williams as starting TE??***

Aug 24, 2017, 7:15 PM

Isn't Williams out with a torn ACL?

Aug 24, 2017, 7:25 PM

If not he is used exclusively as a blocking TE anyways. If you look at the stats last year he has a lot of snaps but I don't think he has ever caught a pass.

Aug 24, 2017, 7:23 PM

You can't really talk negative about the coaches playing seniority since they win but that stops when Trevor Lawrence gets on campus

Aug 24, 2017, 7:29 PM

Feaster is the better back

Aug 24, 2017, 7:53 PM

It was always said pass blocking would go a long way toward determining the starter. This was Feaster's weakness. Of course you know better having seen zero practice?

he may be the better runner, but like TE said with tempo

Aug 25, 2017, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Elliott names starters at RB, TE ]

offense, its hard to bring a guy in for a play here or there. If we go tempo, that back is going to be on the field several plays, so you have to take pass blocking into heavy consideration. Its not like we are an offense that subs on every play depending on the situation. Also, Fuller played pretty well down the stretch last year. We must also remember and not kid ourselves, we and the media see what the coaches want us to see. The scrimmages are probably very scripted from play calls and who gets the snaps. They know from practice what they have in each player and go into the scrimmages with very clear objectives in mind and not to show too much of their hand. We havent heard a lot about Fuller, and I think there is a reason for that. He has probably been very consistent and steady and the coaches know what they have in him. Also, the coaches have probably been trying to push the other guys to see what shakes out and how they handle themselves. The other backs will get their chance against Kent State and throughout the year, and if another starts to separate, I trust the coaches will have no problem giving them the start.

Aug 24, 2017, 8:16 PM

Time to be honest I guess. No, I don't go to practices and scrimmages, attend position and team meetings, and have umpteen years collective experience in making tough choices on players based on all of the above.

On the other hand I read several posts a day about the best players at each position over a spring and summer, throw in my opinion, all based on scant information.

Honestly, who ya gonna trust. Let's see how our team plays!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2017, 8:29 PM

For my part, I'm putting my full faith and trust in our national championship winning coaching staff.

Surprised so many members are so reply button trigger happy to express their opposing points of view, yet in drive by fashion do so without providing any coherent thesis to support their opinions.

And please, this comment is not an invitation to yet again relitigate KB as our quarterback.

Aug 24, 2017, 9:33 PM

Amen!

This will be interesting.

Aug 24, 2017, 8:24 PM

We haven't heard too much about Fuller during the camps so it'll be interesting to see how he takes the starting position. He certainly is a great receiving threat though.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See my post above, there is probably a reason

Aug 25, 2017, 8:39 AM

we havent heard much about him. In practice he probably has been showin up and being nothing but consistent and practicing at the standard expected of him. The coaches trust him and know what they have in him. Now the other players we have heard so much about, admittedly in some of the interviews have had flashes but also had moments where they have had down days or lost focus and just havent been as consistent. Thus, the coaches have been talking in the media about them to try to push and motivate them. Most of the comments about the other backs have been positive reinforcement where the coaches recognize the talent and what they have done, but also has an element to push them to be more consistent and they need to work to be more consistent with Best is the standard motto.

Aug 25, 2017, 8:41 AM

I think when it's all said and done 2 of the 4 running backs battling for PT will rise to the Top.
CJ is a very reliable back and feaster has world class speed.
The Coaches are not stupid they will go with the hot hand.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic