Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Season Projections for Clemson from a Coot Website
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,418

Season Projections for Clemson from a Coot Website

Aug 19, 2016, 10:38 AM

So this coot runs a blog where he uses some kind of system to make season projections.

Here is the one on Clemson http://thebigmikeblog.com/2016/08/10/2016-college-football-projections-clemson-tigers/

Here is the one on the Coots http://thebigmikeblog.com/2016/08/18/2016-college-football-projections-south-carolina-gamecocks/

Even they know they are screwed this year! LMAO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the honesty. I may start looking at that blog.***

Aug 19, 2016, 10:41 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I like the honesty. I may start looking at that blog.***

Aug 19, 2016, 10:48 AM

Right? He's no sunshine pumper, that's for sure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROFL....

Aug 19, 2016, 10:54 AM

"You can also make a strong case that the Gamecocks have a realistic shot at starting the season at 6-1."

Based on what besides wishful thinking, grandiose delusions, and over-exaggerated optimism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Their schedule sucks. There's a bunch of winnable games.***

Aug 19, 2016, 10:56 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Agreed...their schedule is an absolute joke but....

Aug 19, 2016, 10:59 AM

so is their team and even hinting at a possible 6 - 1 start is quite a stretch even for those deluded goobers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ROFL....

Aug 19, 2016, 10:57 AM [ in reply to ROFL.... ]

Looking at the weaklings they play (Vandy, KY, Mizzou, ECU, WCU, UMASS), 6 wins is possible. With that said, I don't think they win more than 4 games at most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I don't think its unreasonable for a bad team to go 6-1

Aug 19, 2016, 11:16 AM [ in reply to ROFL.... ]

against that group. In a 50/50 game would any reasonable person actually EXPECT and pick Vandy, UK, ECU and UMass to win?

The good news is, I would also throw SC into that mix with a Vandy, UK, ECU and UMass. So I wouldn't pick SC to beat them either.

Anything can happen when two bad teams meet.***

Aug 19, 2016, 11:50 AM

ed-zachery***

Aug 19, 2016, 11:54 AM

Re: I don't think its unreasonable for a bad team to go 6-1

Aug 19, 2016, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I don't think its unreasonable for a bad team to go 6-1 ]

Don't forget #6 to 6-6.

It looks realistic with the 3-5 pt spreads but that makes

Aug 19, 2016, 11:33 AM [ in reply to ROFL.... ]

the Coots chances to win those games in the 30-40% range. +5 is roughly 32%, +4 is about 34% and +3 is around 41%. Anyway, using that table their chances of going 6-0 in the non-Miss St games are around 1.4% and their slim chances of upsetting Miss St on the road isn't going to boost that number much. I wouldn't call a ~1.5% chance to start 6-1 realistic.

Alcohol***

Aug 19, 2016, 11:55 AM [ in reply to ROFL.... ]

Re: Season Projections for Clemson from a Coot Website

Aug 19, 2016, 10:57 AM

Pretty accurate. I'm curious though how last year's projection had Clemson beating the coots by 4, but had the coots losing to Clemson by 5... Could be rounding error or something I suppose

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Season Projections for Clemson from a Coot Website

Aug 19, 2016, 11:22 AM

Guy is blogging from his head instead of his heart.. When betting on sporting events this is my mode too as much as it hurts me sometimes..i agree with about the way things shake out for them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,418
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic