Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Recruits react to Tigers' earning a spot in National Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Recruits react to Tigers' earning a spot in National Championship

Jan 2, 2016, 7:01 AM

Recruits react to Tigers' earning a spot in National Championship

Clemson shocked most of the college football world Thursday night with its 37-17 dismantling of Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl, but the win came as no surprise to future Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That looks like a good group of players!

Jan 2, 2016, 7:35 AM

If Rahshaun Smith commits today it will make it look a lot better!

Re: New Story: Recruits react to Tigers' earning a spot in National Championship

Jan 2, 2016, 7:50 AM

Chase Brice..."if anybody can beat them [Bama], it's Clemson...well, besides Ole Miss."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...nice Jab buddy, that made my morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Recruits react to Tigers' earning a spot in National Championship

Jan 2, 2016, 8:05 AM

I got a chuckle out of that too!! A lot of these commits used the "we" phrase. Sounds like team players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't understand a kid that has committed

Jan 2, 2016, 8:22 AM

To a team and not refer to that team as "us" and "we" instead of "them"and "they" I know everybody is different but when I coo it to a team, they automatically become "we" and "ours." Just seems strange, I'm sure I will be attacked and criticized for having any opinion but this was on my mind. I'll brace myself for your attacks.

Re: i don't understand a kid that has committed

Jan 2, 2016, 8:44 AM

Actuall a valid point WyTiger, but I think 'we' as a society have become too wrapped up in word parsing, semantics, even the 'hidden meanings'. But honestly, we have to remember what we were like when we were teens (for some of us, that was a long time ago! ;). Heck, I still put my foot in my mouth - not to mention the occasional slip of the tongue or incorrect turn of s phrase!

Go Tigers!

BEAT ALABAMA!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sean Pollard

Jan 2, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to i don't understand a kid that has committed ]

I was going make a similar point; He said, "we"...rather than than "they".

Re: i don't understand a kid that has committed

Jan 2, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to i don't understand a kid that has committed ]

Good point. I've noticed it a few times from Feaster in interviews. I probably read too much into it too, but honestly, it makes me a bit nervous for NSD.

Maybe they feel like they would be taking credit

Jan 2, 2016, 11:15 AM [ in reply to i don't understand a kid that has committed ]

for something they have not been apart of yet. who knows? Either way, I would not read much into it.

Re: Maybe they feel like they would be taking credit

Jan 2, 2016, 12:01 PM

I would think you are more correct than those who don't trust the commitment. We will find out who is in or out when the time comes, but until we get word from them that they are out, I still count them as all in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure think of this team as we and I haven't done a thing

Jan 2, 2016, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Maybe they feel like they would be taking credit ]

except throw a few bucks in the kitty

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers!!! Buck Fama!!***

Jan 2, 2016, 9:20 AM

Jan 2, 2016, 10:07 AM

Keep the pipeline going...reload!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These kids play for high school teams, not for Clemson.

Jan 2, 2016, 11:23 AM

I think its equally as respectful to say them or they as these kids had nothing to do with the current 14-0 season.

null

Re: These kids play for high school teams, not for Clemson.

Jan 2, 2016, 5:02 PM

I think what he said was correct. Until you play and became part of the team, seems like they and them is correct. Either way no problem.

that is pollard with the beard, is it not?

Jan 2, 2016, 12:42 PM

I see he's all ready for the beard gang.

Yes, it is not. I mean, no it is not. But it is him so yes

Jan 2, 2016, 1:58 PM

no it is not not him.

Sean is the second Tiger from Pinecrest High School in Southern Pines, NC. The first player was Antwan Murchinson who played and transferred his last year to a smaller school. Antwan is back in Southern Pines and coaches at Pinecrest. No doubt he helped!

Jan 2, 2016, 4:35 PM

Hey! Ya'll want to get on board the Natty run? Come on down to Tiger Town!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 7:14 PM

Like the way these kids talk...they don't say "they" it is we. They have made it when they talk as if it is their team. Go Tigers and future Tigers Running down the HILL and doing what they come to Clemson to do and that is win Championships.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic