Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Screw the coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Screw the coots

Dec 2, 2013, 12:23 AM

The fact that the coots are happy about something irritates me. This is the most important game for them every year. They act like they just won a title. News flash coots..youre going back to the outback bowl!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

solid thread, thanks for adding to the conversation!***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:24 AM

Re: solid thread, thanks for adding to the conversation!***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:27 AM

Make your way over to fgf coot.

I'm not sure what fgf is

Dec 2, 2013, 12:39 AM

And I sure as hell don't understand what a "coot" is

Re: Screw the coots

Dec 2, 2013, 12:36 AM

Nah, it's not the most important game to them anymore, much like it wasn't for Clemson when they were winning every year. It's completely turned the other direction... Clemson makes it their goal to beat SC for their season to be successful. South Carolina makes it their goal to win the SEC, and Clemson is just another team to play in between that. That's why they're successful.

Dec 2, 2013, 12:48 AM

How's that winning the SEC working out for them. This might have been their best chance for some time to come...

Dec 2, 2013, 1:06 AM

It hasn't worked out, but we're still trying. I'm not going to sit here and argue that winning the SEC is harder than winning the ACC because that should be pretty well known.

I'm not even throwing the SEC flag. Winning the Big 12, or PAC-12 is harder than winning the ACC. It's just how it is. Does that mean the ACC has no good teams? Obviously not, but it's not like we can snap our fingers and win the SEC.

We lost to Tennessee, and in so, lost our chance at a BCS birth and an apperence in ATL for the SEC Championship game. No USC fan needed you to remind them of that. But posters above me are right: Clemson is just another game on our schedule now.

Clemson can hate Spurrier for all it's worth. I don't care what the general opinion of him is from a Clemson fans perspective, but Spurrier changed the outlook for South Carolina. It is no longer about live through the season and beat Clemson. It's win the SEC East, find a way to get to ATL for the SEC Championship Game, and when it's Clemson week, we go out there and try and win that one too.

FSU = #1, therefore winning the ACC is hardest

Dec 2, 2013, 1:13 AM

How many teams were potential SEC championship winners Saturday morning and then Sunday morning?

Re: FSU = #1, therefore winning the ACC is hardest

Dec 2, 2013, 1:23 AM

Saturday Morning? 4...(South Carolina, Missouri, Auburn, Alabama)

Sunday Morning? 2....just like every other conference in the nation that has a championship game.

The BCS is a joke: and I know that Clemson thinks South Carolina fans wave the SEC flag to much, but all of the SEC does it. And yes, the BCS has been in our favor a lot the previous years. But the fact that the top 2 teams in the Nation right now have a SOC outside of the top 70 is stupid.

I'm not sure what Clemson's is, or South Carolina's, but I'm sure it's not what OSU or FSU's is.

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been a Carolina ,

Dec 2, 2013, 1:39 AM

fan?

Re: Just out of curiosity, how long have you been a Carolina ,

Dec 2, 2013, 1:43 AM

Long enough to see 17 Clemson/Carolina games (7-10 in favor of Clemson).

Why's that?

Look, I know that this board doesn't care for "coots" or anything, and I don't blame you. But I'm not here to troll. If you'd all like me to go back to simply reading, and not responding, I would do that. But I'm just simply stating my opinion without trying to rile up people because I think that's a pretty classless move.

I was genuinely just curious

Dec 2, 2013, 2:02 AM

I don't mind logical Gamecock fans who aren't arrogant aresholes. There's a couple of them who post on here who keep their pulse above 30%, but most people will only respond by saying go away coot. Best of luck on your Tigernet endeavor.

My point: The ACC is the harder conference to win

Dec 2, 2013, 2:47 AM [ in reply to Re: FSU = #1, therefore winning the ACC is hardest ]

this year - because of FSU. Since the FSU/Clemson match it has been abundantly clear that FSU will be ACC Champ. With the SEC we still don't know and there have been 4 and even three until Missouri won.

Dec 2, 2013, 2:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Screw the coots ]

I don't believe that for one second. I've had numerous coot fans tell me that when Carolina hired spurrier they told him that he had to beat Clemson. That was their one major requirement.

Every teams goal should be to win every game, conference or rivalry.

Not to mention the clowney quotes about Clemson and say the game didn't mean anything to him, nor the coots that graduated last year. Saying it's "just a game" is illogical and just simply not true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So their goal is to win the SEC and that's why they're...

Dec 2, 2013, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Screw the coots ]

Successful? Sounds like coot logic hasn't changed one bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic