Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables becomes $2 million man as BOT approves football raises
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables becomes $2 million man as BOT approves football raises

Feb 8, 2018, 9:53 AM

Venables becomes $2 million man as BOT approves football raises

The Clemson football team fashioned another top five finish, a third-straight ACC Championship, a third-straight College Football Playoff appearance in 2017 and reeled in a top-five recruiting class Wednesday, leading to raises and bonuses and raises for the coaches approved by the Board of Trustees Thursday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and just think what he would have gotten if he was

Feb 8, 2018, 10:07 AM

Bud Foster

Re: and just think what he would have gotten if he was

Feb 8, 2018, 10:10 AM

LOL!!! ????????????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and just think what he would have gotten if he was

Feb 8, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to and just think what he would have gotten if he was ]

Foster's a fine coach, but how many Nattys? Coach V has two, and at two different places. I'll take coach V, thank you.

More sting; Bud's D or the VT administration?

Feb 9, 2018, 10:35 PM [ in reply to and just think what he would have gotten if he was ]

Less than half of that, but that's only because Bud is so loyal and don't ##### himself from job to job like said other coach. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables becomes $2 million man as BOT approves football raises

Feb 8, 2018, 10:08 AM

Pay em all whatever it takes - they're more than worth it !!!! Best is the Standard and they're the best and bringing in the best. What a great time to be a Tiger!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2018, 11:38 AM

Obviously DRAD and Dabo did a good job presenting a good plan. I appreciate the BOD recognizing consistency in coaching to overall sports excellence. We'll done.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOW..more of youse TNetters need to step uP to the plate

Feb 8, 2018, 11:49 AM

and donate some $ to IPTAY to keep the Orange Train rolling OR The Crimson Tide will roll our Boys again! ??

Saying..i believe one can donate as little as $160 a year to IPTAY and be a part of the Nation's Oldest & Largest Student-Athlete Fund Raising Organization.

Gut eR Done & Continue to Have Some Football Winning Fun!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NOW..more of youse TNetters need to step uP to the plate

Feb 8, 2018, 5:56 PM

Well said lbb!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw that. My honor student kids will be going into bigtime

Feb 9, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to NOW..more of youse TNetters need to step uP to the plate ]

debt to pay for their education even though they got a fair bit of grant money.

These kid games are fun to watch but I question the logic of donating money to support millionaires maintain their lifestyles. No donations, no ticket purchases from the school, nada. Priorities in the country are wacked.

Wow, those guys are rich

Feb 8, 2018, 2:09 PM

Good for them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

What is the different between:

College Football Playoff non-semifinal appearance ($40,000)

and

College Football Playoff semifinal appearance ($50,000)

I mean I think our staff does amazing job and deserve the money/bonuses. I don't care about that. I just don't get how you can be in a 4 team playoff and it not be the semifinals?

Example:
Clemson Vs. Alabama - Semifinals
UGA Vs. Oklahoma -Semifinals

Alabama Vs. UGA - Finals

Does anyone else understand the difference?

Feb 8, 2018, 2:56 PM

That would only matter if the playoff were to expand during these contracts.

Feb 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

For me personally, Venables was $2 million + man long before this raise!!! If a HC can be worth $6-7 million a year, surly a DC as Brent Venables should be paid $2. Mil. They are all over paid but, if they are going to give it out, just make sure BV gets his share before another school tries to give him more!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2018, 2:59 PM

Agree with the overpaid part. The other coaches for different sports make peanuts compared to the football staff. Now that's ridiculous.

Feb 9, 2018, 4:44 AM

Think of it as an advertising budget for the university. The national exposure is worth a lot more than what we are paying the coaches.

The coaches in other sports are doing fine but the only other sport that has a chance to get the exposure is basketball and Brownell needs to double down on this year's success for several years in a row to get them into that conversation even.

.... and even then, I suspect football is still paying for most of the other sports and that those coaches are doing as well as they are in part because football is doing so well.

I hope that's true, at least. Anybody have facts and figures?

Feb 9, 2018, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables becomes $2 million man as BOT approves football raises ]

The 2 mil is matching an offer he received this offseason, so I’ve heard.

just one question.

Feb 9, 2018, 11:11 AM

How much has enrollment and tuition gone up since 2010? I dont know the figures but I feel safe in saying, “court adjourn your honor.”

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic