Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Schools should indeed reopen may 1st
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Schools should indeed reopen may 1st

Apr 18, 2020, 9:34 PM

Since retailers will begin reopening next week. I’m assuming schools will indeed reopen may 1st? And surely football will play out as normal in August/September

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do YOU happen to live...........

Apr 18, 2020, 9:42 PM

because I don't know of anybody anywhere in the US going back to school during this school year. And don't hold your breath on football season starting on time this upcoming season.

Re: Where do YOU happen to live...........

Apr 18, 2020, 10:01 PM

Tiger77 said:

because I don't know of anybody anywhere in the US going back to school during this school year. And don't hold your breath on football season starting on time this upcoming season.

Liberty South Carolina. And we go into phase 1 this week. That’s a good indication things are getting back to normal

I got a lot of friends in upstate NY looking for a vacation

Apr 18, 2020, 10:40 PM

spot in a few weeks. I won't tell them.

Re: I got a lot of friends in upstate NY looking for a vacation

Apr 19, 2020, 8:18 PM

No worries, they are all already here.

Pickens Country has digital learning infrastructure set up.

Apr 19, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Where do YOU happen to live........... ]

They’re not going back to school this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Schools should indeed reopen may 1st

Apr 18, 2020, 10:16 PM

I'm not sure all retailers are opening, Could just be the ones that were closed in that latest order, Many national chains closed on their own before that. Guess we will see.

Yall go ahead. I’m doing a 4 week self quarantine

Apr 18, 2020, 10:26 PM

after things open back up and see what becomes of you lab rats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yall go ahead. I’m doing a 4 week self quarantine

Apr 18, 2020, 10:46 PM

Right ? Darwin Awards are about to go into hyperdrive .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Yall go ahead. I’m doing a 4 week self quarantine

Apr 18, 2020, 10:58 PM

How many Darwin Awards can be given out in single year? It's looking like we have thousands, maybe even millions, of fully qualified candidates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By white house guidelines, supposed to have 14 days of

Apr 18, 2020, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Yall go ahead. I’m doing a 4 week self quarantine ]

decreasing cases before starting phase 1. Does McMaster somehow claim that?

Indubitably***

Apr 18, 2020, 10:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indubitably***

Apr 18, 2020, 10:55 PM

OP may be the all time best seller!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2020, 11:37 PM

My county in Ga has one death. Two hours ago I found out the name associated with the one death. She was a mom that had a son the same age as mine. We were not very close friends but, were school moms together. I am stunned. I know that we need to find some way to move forward with the economy. If we do not, we are in economic trouble. But knowing that more people will die of this disease is sobering. I am a school teacher. I do not see anyway that we open as normal the first week of August. I am anticipating some sort of alternate schedule. Half the kids in the morning with the other half in the afternoon. I read today that this summer is going to be brutally hot. I am praying that the heat kills this virus.

Apr 19, 2020, 12:08 AM

Most likely those who spend their whole lives guaranteed will continue to do so, which I'm good with.

Probably best to keep the kids out of school another year or so. Businesses probably should remain closed at least another 6 months. I've found those mortgages and other bills usually take care of themselves.

I'm all for riding this thing out till November. And if we're lucky, the second wave will hit, which has pretty much always happened throughout history with any pandemic. At that point, we'll need to extend the shutdown at least until next May/June. No one wants to send kids to school in June nor will we dare ask a teacher to teach in June.

By the time all this happens, Biden will of taken office and been declared mentally unfit, officially anyway. E. Warren or Klobuchar or if we're lucky K. Harris will of taken the reigns undoubtedly. And finally, with a little bit of luck, we can then get this nation back on track.

Good times are coming folks, good times are coming!

Signed

Proud Ginnie Pig

Apr 19, 2020, 1:13 AM

Guinea

Stupid Samsung

Apr 19, 2020, 3:39 AM

Buddy works for school district 5 in Anderson. Says they have been told no school for remainder of year. Hopefully start in August. Governor is supposed to be announcing something soon on the state. This supposedly came from the superintendent.

Apr 19, 2020, 10:09 AM

Alexander County N.C. announced May 15 back to school, go 3 weeks and out for summer. Has to have something to do with not having to lose the year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

The federal government has canceled mandated

Apr 19, 2020, 10:27 AM

standardized testing. The South Carolina Department of Education has announced no kid will be held back because of work done (or not done) since out. The school year is not lost. Take that for what it’s worth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone’s stuck in a house full of kids***

Apr 19, 2020, 10:20 AM

Apr 19, 2020, 11:18 AM

We may "re-open" the economy and businesses on May 1st, but the government and medical officials have no end date in sight to end social distancing, and it is impossible to social distance in schools. My wife is a teacher in Charleston and they are done for the year and not even sure they will be in classrooms/schools by August. Not saying they will not by then, but no word from the school district and this is because of the social distancing restrictions/enforcement for the foreseeable future.

Apr 19, 2020, 8:26 PM

So do you people actually believe that the kids that would be in school and all together now but are not are actually practicing social distancing or do you think they are treating this like an extended early vacation and all hanging out any place they desire and putting others at risk?

Schools are the one entity that can't open

Apr 19, 2020, 8:14 PM

right away, or will open last - which probably means the Fall. There's no social distancing possible with schools. It's all or nothing. Businesses can phase / roll-in occupancy a little bit at a time, gradually increase it. As the stores do now. Schools can't do this. Either all the students return at once or none.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic