Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson is first to offer NC lineman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,833

Front Page Story: Clemson is first to offer NC lineman

Apr 29, 2013, 8:39 AM

Clemson is first to offer NC lineman

Mason Veal, an offensive lineman in the 2015 recruiting cycle, picked his first offer this past weekend and it was from Clemson. What are his ties to the Tigers? Where did his dad play football? What did he think about his visit for the spring game? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This kid will drop us like a hot rock when SCAR offers.

Apr 29, 2013, 9:05 AM

Why do we bother with this ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did South Carolina bother to offer Mike Davis

Apr 29, 2013, 9:36 AM

or Scott Wingo in baseball?

Re: This kid will drop us like a hot rock when SCAR offers.

Apr 29, 2013, 10:30 AM [ in reply to This kid will drop us like a hot rock when SCAR offers. ]

We have been saying for a few years now that Spurrier is about done with coaching with no affect on recruits. But I think that right about now is the time to drill that into recruits minds, b/c surely he is about done. Personally I don't see him at usuc for more than two more years. In 2015 I would say he ( Spurrier ) will be done at usuc. If they have a bad year this season, and I expect they will b/c they have a lot of rebuilding to do from losing their better players the last two years. Also from their coaches moving for what they are believing to be greener pastures. LOL, the pastures over on Bluff Rd. should be very green b/c of that sheet hole that willy brice is in. And personally I hope that this will be his last hoo-rah with the Hen's. Also, if Spurrier leaves the coots on a down year. It would be hard for the coots to bring in a coach as good as Spurrier has been. And I'm saying this according to their past of getting a good enough coach to come into cootlumbia to coach those heathens. It's not often that you find a coach with Spurrier's qualities and past success looking for a job as Spurrier was when the coots hired him. That was one of those hires that the timing was spot on for the coots to hire Spurrier. Spurrier would have never left Florida to coach the coots, not even for twice the money he was making at Florida. We can not like or even hate Spurrier but, he has been a very good college coach through out his career. As good as T Bowden's record was against the coots, and if he would have stayed at Clemson. Spurrier would have beat him just as he has Dabo. Personally I believe that Dabo has had better talent and better coaches than T Bowden had. Love him or hate him, Spurrier is a ### good college X's and O's coach. One of the best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering what a jerk Spurrier is, I would think the

Apr 29, 2013, 11:16 AM

prospect of him being gone before the kid graduates would help SCAR recruit him and others.

Seriously, even if SCAR's football program stays where they are, I can see why a kid would want to go there. Who wouldn't want:
* A ring for finishing 5th place in the SEC
* To play for such a nice guy like Spurrier
* To play football in an industrial park
* The strong family atmosphere
* A diploma that doubles as a McDonalds training certificate

Nobody cares if you're a jerk when you're winning

Apr 29, 2013, 11:45 AM

Bobby Knight and Nick Saban get whoever they want and they're both way bigger jerks than Spurrier.

Re: Nobody cares if you're a jerk when you're winning

Apr 29, 2013, 11:46 AM

Should've used past tense for Bobby Knight, but you get the point.

Re: Nobody cares if you're a jerk when you're winning

Apr 30, 2013, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Nobody cares if you're a jerk when you're winning ]

At least Saban has a few NC on his resume at Alabama!!

Spurrier has a division title and the worst loss in the history of the SECC game. He had his best season ever and did not win the division, the conference, nor play in a BCS bowl. But hey...they got rings!

Only 3 of Sack's 8 years have been successful. Things got

Apr 29, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: This kid will drop us like a hot rock when SCAR offers. ]

better when he hired Fitzgerald as S&C coach. Fitzgerald started training the SEC way.. with "Deer Antlers" and whatnot. I honestly think that's the biggest difference.

Too, the c0cks haven't really won with offense. It's been defense.. where Sack does no coaching at all. He's completely hands-off the defense. Sack's offenses, i.e. his "x's and o's" haven't really been anything to write home about.

Nothing ventured

Apr 29, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to This kid will drop us like a hot rock when SCAR offers. ]

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Schoolbus U...

Apr 29, 2013, 9:47 AM

...send him these friendly reminders when he visits CootU.

Re: Schoolbus U...

Apr 29, 2013, 10:34 AM

That double stack bus. Wasn't that the FB players dorms for the ones that wasn't good enough to stay at the Whitney down town cootlumbia!!!

Dude looks 45. Sign him.***

Apr 29, 2013, 7:12 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson is first to offer NC lineman

May 5, 2013, 6:51 PM

I know this is late but I also knew he looked familiar. This guy's grandparents goes to my church. Saw him today after service. This dude is built and huge. We couldn't believe how young he is. He talked to my Dad today about football offers and whatnot. Daddy basically said "Go to Clemson."

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic