Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scary Times for Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,462

Scary Times for Clemson?

Jun 12, 2012, 2:51 PM

Some say these are scary times for Clemson athletics. I say these are exciting times. Whatever they may be, they are also serious times.

Don’t bury your head in the sand, but don’t for one second think that Clemson football can fade to dark. Our fanbase may not match the numbers of Alabama, Ohio State, or Notre Dame. But our passion, our pride, and our enthusiasm are unparalleled.

Inevitably, this same enthusiasm and passion causes in-fighting among our fan base. There is disagreement on the severity of the current situation as well as the best course of action for the school and the team we all love so much.

Despite heated arguments on T-Net I have not seen one poster that was not obviously a Scok or a closet clucker say they would stop supporting Clemson if we move or don’t move.

We have shared disappointments together. We have celebrated together. We share hope, anxiety, excitement, anger, despair and joy. We pray for people we do not know because it means something to another fellow Tiger and we believe in it. We stamp paws on 2 dollar bills and wear orange every Friday. We show up 6 hours before games in solid orange to tailgate. We offer food and drinks to opposing team’s fans and then an hour later we try to make their quarterback’s ears bleed.

We say “we won” or “we lost” because WE Are Clemson.

We are giants and we don’t have to move in any direction until we are ready to. If you think not, then we don’t care because you don’t bleed the same color orange that we do. We don’t consider ourselves arrogant because we are not above working for our team and our school. We will blow anyone’s fax machine up and we will never allow our team to be relegated to irrelevance. We will boycott, we will protest, we will exhaust every resource to ensure our place in a changing landscape.

I don’t know what will happen or what should happen. I do know time changes but faith, hope, and love never will. We are all here because Clemson means something to us. We will survive, we will succeed, and we should not let fear cloud our judgment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

OCCUPY CLEMSON!!!!***

Jun 12, 2012, 3:07 PM

our fan base not demanding success and enabling ............

Jun 12, 2012, 3:15 PM

mediocrity is why we have been losers and gross under achievers for years.

Maybe a bit overdramatic... but hey, I'll drink to that***

Jun 12, 2012, 3:30 PM

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,462
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic