Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scar hurry up offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Scar hurry up offense

Nov 23, 2018, 11:55 AM

Anyone concerned that Scar will utilize their hurry up offense to begin the game and catch our defense off guard? Saying, our defense has shown signs of this throughout the year and was very evident against Duke in the first quarter. Our d line is still reading Venables signals by the time the ball is snapped. Sometimes they're not in their proper stance by the time the play starts. Now I will say we have adjusted accordingly as the game moves forward. It would be really nice to get pressure on Bentley early and knock him out of rhythm. A few early 3 and outs may allow us to jump on them and never look back. Just a thought. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With more heralded programs like Syr, BC, and Duke

Nov 23, 2018, 12:00 PM

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 23, 2018, 12:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 28, 2018, 11:39 AM

Well?? How did that work out? Yes they were off the field faster as in scoring off of busted coverage with guys wide open downfield. Many times the defense was not ready pre snap. The secondary was out of position throughout the game. Even on one of Wilkin's sacks, he was not lined up like he needed to be. I hope they learn form this because any other good offense that can run the ball will be licking their chops...Hope I am wrong.

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:15 PM

You called that one spot on. I am impressed.

I hope the coaches read this post

Nov 28, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^*** ]

else clemson is doomed. you should email dabo just in case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I hope the coaches read this post

Nov 28, 2018, 12:40 PM

I have informed Coach Swinney, lol. Just kidding of course and I do think they will get this corrected. Don't see Pitt as a problem but may in the playoffs.

Re: With more heralded programs like Syr, BC, and Duke

Nov 23, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to With more heralded programs like Syr, BC, and Duke ]

Hope you're right!

Re: Scar hurry up offense

Nov 23, 2018, 12:13 PM

not sure why their offense would be in such a hurry to get to fourth down.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 4:32 PM

Quite easy to explain Tigerbalm... their punter is the best player on the team so hurry up to get 4th down gets their best player on the field more often.

u5c hurry up offense = hurry up and punt***

Nov 23, 2018, 12:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 23, 2018, 12:25 PM

The whole reason they implemented the faster tempo this year was because they saw how Syracuse was effective against us with it last year.

Reminds me of how they tried running all those shovel passes 2 years ago because Pitt hurt us with that. We all know how that turned out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke's QB will be playing on Sundays

Nov 23, 2018, 12:33 PM

Bentley, not so much.

Bentley will be playing on sundays

Nov 23, 2018, 2:06 PM

HE will be playing with his dolls while he watches real QB's play football

There's 2 new professional leages next year

Nov 23, 2018, 4:22 PM

so he probably will get a professional job

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 1:01 PM

Over the past few years, the Clemson defense has pretty much only struggled with one type of QB/offense, those that can escape the pocket, extend plays, and consistently keep the secondary on their heels. Eric Dungey was able to do a bit of that, Kellen Mond did it, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts.. and that's about it.

The fact is that Jake Bentley is a poor man's Ryan Finley with just enough running ability to not be called a "statue".

They won't be able to run the ball, and they know they'll have to score upwards of 45 to have a chance, so yes, it'll be tempo and a lot of passing. I would venture to guess that they will come out with a strategy very similar to Duke's.

They may be able to convert on a few slant routes, some dink and dunk type plays, but our LB's will eventually overwhelm that, and when Bentley is forced to stand in the pocket a little longer, it's going to be very bad news for his bodily well-being.

They think running a HUNH means it'll

Nov 23, 2018, 4:36 PM

Shorten the game. They don't grasp concepts very well...at...all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coot offense is not bad, but their execution can be.

Nov 23, 2018, 4:41 PM

If their receivers caught the ball more consistently and if Jakey-boy didn't throw interceptions out of nowhere at times, they'd be a lot better.

It won't be easy for us, but their defense should not be able to stop our offense. As long as we get good play calling and execution, we should prevail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurry up and lose.

Nov 23, 2018, 5:24 PM

Badly

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic