Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots!

Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 PM

Which pretty much says it all imo as far who's been playing better "overall" college football..when you take in account Clemson is a little upstart college hidden in the clay hills of DV..and has outdone a school that's over 100 years older, has a huge alumni base, has more power & money since located in the state's capitol, has a law & a journalism school, has paid huge bucks to acquire 3 National Championship Head Coaches (with only One having succeeded, just recently I may add, and will be retiring sooner that later due to old age of 67), has never won 6 or even 7 staight in the series..and has only One conference win in over 100 years of competing.

Yes, the Coots have won 5 straight & have a Heisman winner which I commend being a Sportsman..but not a National Championship or 16 Conference Championships or A HILL or a ROCkchip or a Death Valley or a Dabo.

Yep..that about says it all. GoTiGERS, win that delicious Orange Bowl & Crack those NUTS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ooops, CORRECTION: 17 Bowls & 18 Conference Banners! ***

Dec 21, 2013, 9:12 PM

GoTiGERS..keep winning bOYs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots!

Dec 21, 2013, 9:21 PM

Our history, until recently, is atrocious for sure but we are known for being terrible for all those years.
Surprisingly, Clemson is 6-12 in their last 18 bowl games with terrible losses in the OB1, Syracuse, TT and So. Fla just 2 years ago.
Over that same time frame we have as many bowl wins at 6, despite playing only 10 total games. (6-4)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Maybe our Bowl opponents were better ranked than yours?

Dec 21, 2013, 9:26 PM

I know SC beat OH St twice when they were down from their normal..and SC was up from their normal. Saying...?

GoTiGERS!

Re: Maybe our Bowl opponents were better ranked than yours?

Dec 21, 2013, 9:30 PM

with our history, every team we beat prior to 2009 may as well have been the Steelers of the 70's.
My point was it was more surprising to see Clemson's recent bowl record.
I posted earlier about the "hugeness" of the CFB last year making the same point.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Dec 21, 2013, 9:31 PM

CFB= Chic fil a bowl.

Dec 22, 2013, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Maybe our Bowl opponents were better ranked than yours? ]

> I know SC beat OH St twice when they were down from
> their normal..and SC was up from their normal.
> Saying...?
>
> GoTiGERS!

I believe Ohio State won the national championship the year after the coots beat them the second time.

Dec 22, 2013, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots! ]

Yes and your only trip to the SEC title game you got beat by Auburn 56-12................... But none the state media brings it up over and over............

Wow...TiGERS have "Won" more bowls than coots have gone to!

Dec 22, 2013, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots! ]

GoTiGERS..win another bowl bOYs!

Dec 22, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots! ]

Coots didn't win their first bowl game in 1995. While we are focusing on the negatives, how does it feel to be the most overrated school in the SEC? How does it feel never having had a BCS bid? How does it feel to be inferior in every way to Clemson?

Dec 21, 2013, 11:32 PM

The natty and conference championships are nice and I would love to have em. The hill, rock, death valley and Dabo you can keep. Not interested.

I'm not sure why you guys argue with yourselves about the history of the two programs. It is obvious you have been better throughout history. Any Gamecock that argues that is an idiot. It is also obvious we are better now.

Dec 22, 2013, 12:54 AM

These were the Top 10 teams in 1913...and you know what that means today.....nothing. You don't get extra points for MNC from 30 years ago, you don't get extra points for winning Gator Bowls from 48 years and you don't get credit for winning games from 1910. Heck if you saw a game playing from 1910 you probably won't recognize it as football.

1 Auburn
2 Carlisle
3 Washington & Jefferson
4 Harvard
5 Virginia
6 Georgia
7 Nebraska
8 Chicago
9 Navy
10 Washington & Lee

This talking history stuff is silly when trying to justify the inferior nature of your program to another superior rival program today.

TerrierFans

Dec 22, 2013, 8:07 AM

cockerel logic as always made me say hmmmmmmm
lets take a minute talk about how great or as you think "superior" the cockerel's are
2 years in a row they beat the dawgs but the dawgs played in the SECCG
this year they beat mizzo and they played in the SECCG
this year they beat the Tigers and they are playing in the #2 rated BCS bowl game
cockerel's are like the one whom goes on a date, wines & dines takes the date home only to find out someone else stayed all night with the date.
Keep telling your-self how great the cockerel's are no one else thinks so in the SEC or ACC
Remember a blind hog can find a nut every once in a while
so yes there is always a slim chance the cockerel's will find something to crow about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TerrierFans

Dec 22, 2013, 8:20 AM

That is life in a big-boy conference, something you would not understand. The only other "good team" in the ACC embarrassed you on national TV.

And it might help your sanity to understand the world has turned, Clemson is now the second best team In SC. Not saying we won't lose again, heck, we might lose to you next year, but we will win the majority for years to come.

You crawl into a BCS bowl strictly on a conference tie in, and given our current ranking, and last year's, and the year before, it would appear that both the ACC and the SEC think we are pretty good. Beat us next year and then come talk trash. I'll be here to listen.

18wheeler

Dec 22, 2013, 12:36 PM

care to put a new "C" note each year on that wishful thinking

using cockerel logic how does this work out tigers beat the dawgs, dawgs beat the cockerel's

"Beat us next year and then come talk trash. I'll be here to listen."

there you go trying to use angus dropings cockerel logic need to check you're on a tiger board, it's going to happen sad thing you will be no where too be found

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regarding the blind hog, thanks for the reminder.***

Dec 22, 2013, 12:19 PM [ in reply to TerrierFans ]

Dec 22, 2013, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots! ]

99% of Gamecocks think they invented football 5 years ago and believe the history is filled with USuC "domination". Thank you for being the reasonable 1%, now go back to the coop.

So you'd rather have a movie theme, fire extinguishers

Dec 23, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Just saw where TiGERS have been to 16 More Bowls than Coots! ]

Cocky in a box, and a drunkard coach (or two)?

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2013, 3:30 AM

Tigers have won more bowl games than the cockerel's have played in

@TerrierFans

Dec 22, 2013, 6:06 AM

Arguing that your history doesn't matter is most convenient if you are angling to ignore it. However , by this impractical logic will you also in say , 15 years deny that this current win streak meant nothing because it is history ?
Heck , lets start now. The game played just over three weeks ago meant nothing and is "history". Well I suppose if my teams history was as forgettable as some I could agree with your flawed logic of putting eras into broad brushstrokes of meaningful or non-important is simply dismissive. Had the SCar fanbase a football national championship in say , 1931 ...no doubt there would be pride and flag waving and the inclusion of this rare feat at every turn and conversation.
So easy to downplay the accomplishments of the past when your relevant status (however tenuous) began just 4 short years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: @TerrierFans

Dec 22, 2013, 7:25 AM

History and bragging rights for rivals is a one year proposition. That is why they play the game every year. It is called a rivalry.

You guys have the better program now

Dec 22, 2013, 9:20 AM

But as soon as SOS leaves it will be back to normal

Dec 22, 2013, 9:27 AM

Ahh for the good ol' days. Bwa..ha..ha..ha..ha.

Dec 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
images.jpg(5.1 K)
index.jpg(7.4 K)

This is what Elizabeth Taylor looked like in the past...and the present....case closed.

Yum, being 72 I'm thinking Liz is looking mighty good old!

Dec 22, 2013, 11:31 AM

Haaaa! GoTiGERS!

Inferior?

Dec 22, 2013, 12:31 PM

Yep you nailed it. South Carolina has better facilities, more money, plays in a real conference, and has won 5 straight by double digits. I hope we stay "inferior" forever.

and now you ave lost 5 in a row by double digits

Dec 22, 2013, 12:34 PM

and now you ave lost 5 in a row by double digits to that sorry team.

Re: and now you have

Dec 22, 2013, 1:12 PM

shown how jealous you are by being on your rival's board on a beautiful Sunday.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

and how is that different

Dec 22, 2013, 2:39 PM

than being on your own board talking about your rival on a beautiful Sunday

Thats life in a big boy conference ?

Dec 22, 2013, 2:20 PM

Laugh of the year. 18Wigger has obviously forgotten that they got beat by Tennessee...who absolutely stinks and isnt even in a bowl game. UGA bounced em around like the broken slinkies that their defense has become ...a week after we beat that "big boy" team. Again with the selective logic.
Coots have peaked...thats a peak with zero BCS appearances , Zero Conference Titles and only One Conference Title Game appearance which just so happens to be the worst point differential loss in all conference championship history...regardless of conference. Coots should fly that flag up there near the only other flag at the Roach. 123 years of sucking continues no matter the 5 straight. Good luck in your Coot Bowl against our opponents whipping boy.
Big Boy conference. A classic cop out excuse by the classic cop out excuse fanbase of America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Thats life in a big boy conference ?

Dec 22, 2013, 3:15 PM

All the above is true....bottom line is, as bad as that is, you still lose by double digits....even to our backups 5 years straight. See how silly that sounds ? Belittle us and you become even less....if that's the way you want to play it.

Saying south Caitlin's***

Dec 22, 2013, 3:34 PM

Phone just owned me

Dec 22, 2013, 3:36 PM

Saying South Carolina has peaked and will not improve is literal insanity. It's like saying the bcs takes the 10 best teams in the country. Just isn't true, y'all are there.

Re: Phone just owned me

Dec 22, 2013, 3:49 PM

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Clemson's all-time winning perecetage

Dec 22, 2013, 3:49 PM

is 59%. South Carolina's is 51. Very impressive, Clemson. Also since 1940, Clemson has like 10 more wins in the rivalry. Impressive, again.

And we'll have to see how SC does after Spurrier. "Back to normal" is wishful thinking. There is little evidence to think SC will be a .500 program after Spurrier.

The word here is "context"......

Dec 23, 2013, 2:38 PM

Among BCS programs, Clemson is 23rd ALL TIME in winning percentage. USuC is 50-something, out of what, 66 BCS teams?

Among all teams, Clemson is tied for 14th in total bowl games. USuC is tied for 50th.

And in spite of you winning 5 in a row for the first time ever, you're proud of the fact Clemson has still won 60% of the games since 1940? And what is so relevant about 1940? Why did you choose that date? Assuming you were born in 1976, the Clemson winning percentage is over 65%. Is that why you don't like that date?

Your best comment of all:

There is little evidence to think SC will be a .500 program after Spurrier.

Do you mean like the 110+ seasons ever as opposed to the 4 years of decent success you've had with Spurrier? I think the evidence is clear: your thinking everything will remain status quo, that's "wishful thinking".

Re: Re: Phone just owned me

Dec 22, 2013, 7:03 PM

It's a free subscription if you wanna sign up. Haha

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic