Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saying Goodbye To My Mom...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Saying Goodbye To My Mom...

May 27, 2020, 3:03 PM

My Mom has had Dementia for around 6 and half years. I have been her main caretaker since my Dad passed April 2017. She is in her last few days of her current life. She truly has been the kind of Mom everyone would want. A wonderful Christian Mom who always put everyone else first and loved us unconditionally but firm when needed. The one strange thing is that with Dementia they say the person forgets their loved ones but other than for short spells of that she knows My siblings and Myself. But has forgotten who others are. She would be 88 June 28th and has lived a wonderful life
married 68 years and 6 children, one deceased and has always been a Beacon of light in our family. Now she is peacefully and quietly just waiting on the Lord to take her hand and bring her across to the other side. Thank You Jesus

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for Your Mom and Your Family

May 27, 2020, 3:08 PM

When her time arrives, may she go in peace to her Maker.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saying Goodbye To My Mom...

May 27, 2020, 3:11 PM

Thanks for being there for her. I'm sure thats what your mom and father would tell you. A tough chapter you will never forget but will be glad you were there.

Prayers

Great she has the Hope of all hope and will be

May 27, 2020, 3:13 PM

seeing the Doorman of all doormen with a renewed mind.

Also great that you can you can know this, and also know that you can have no regrets knowing that you did so much for her before she "crosses the river and rests under the shade of the trees."

May 27, 2020, 3:13 PM

God bless..........

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless her..and you & family during this sad time.

May 27, 2020, 3:15 PM

At least you still have her for a bit longer so cherish that.

My Mom had Alzheimer’s last 4 years but was still a joy to be around since her long term memory was unreal good while short term unreal bad at times..but she did remember all her children til the end at 87.5 years old.

Taught her to do a basic shag dance step 6 months b/4 end and watched her hit 8 of 10 basketball shots from 8 feet out on a child height goal at nursing home.

Lots of humor..like when I picked her up for a meal out and asked if she was ready for a glass of wine and she’d say “why not, let’s get out of here”.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are blessed to be with her!

May 27, 2020, 3:17 PM

May her graduation day be peaceful and her memories bring smiles everyday.

Thanks for sharing with us . . . Will keep you covered in prayers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 3:18 PM

It's hard not to shed a tear after reading. God bless your mom, you and your family. Prayers for comfort and peace during this time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and your family have been blessed

May 27, 2020, 3:18 PM

to have such a wonderful mother and she has been blessed to have raised such good and caring children. God Bless all of you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can empathize. I see this happening to my Dad now.

May 27, 2020, 3:20 PM

I witnessed it with my grandparents as well. I will definitely be praying for the peace of Christ for you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I can empathize. I see this happening to my Dad now.

May 27, 2020, 3:30 PM

prayers for you as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’ve been on my mind a good bit.

May 27, 2020, 3:24 PM

I know from the last post of yours that I read you were going through something. You and your family are in my prayers.

I was there for my Dad's last breath as he dealt with a form

May 27, 2020, 3:35 PM

of Dementia. It's a terrible thing, but even though they may not always know exactly who you are, they know they should know you. Glad to hear you can be with her as a guide until she's ready

Clemson

May 27, 2020, 3:35 PM

Doorman ---- I watched my wife for her last 6 years. It's not easy. Just remember those wonderful memories you have of your Mother.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 3:44 PM

What a lovely description of your Mom, I know you must have a lot of wonderful memories and those will be a blessing to you in the years to come. You are blessed to know that you will be with her again some day when she will be whole again! I miss my wonderful parents every day.

What a lovely description of your Mom, I know you must have a lot of wonderful memories and those will be a blessing to you in the years to come. You are blessed to know that you will be with her again some day when she will be whole again! I miss my wonderful parents every day.

Prayers for your family

Until y'all meet again...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 27, 2020, 3:46 PM

Prayers for you and your family. I lost my grandfather to Alzheimer's and have an aunt in later stages of it right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 3:58 PM

Prayers for you all, and God's mercies of presence and peace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 4:04 PM

God bless. A mother’s love is a special gift.

May 27, 2020, 4:14 PM

Praying for you,Doorman. May you feel God's loving arms wrap around you as you give peace and comfort to your mother in her final days. She sounds like a very special lady.

May 27, 2020, 4:22 PM

Brother, I am extremely sorry you are going through thiS. You're a good man and I can tell you love her very much! Hang in there.

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

May 27, 2020, 4:48 PM

Praying too Doorman!

Best thing is you'll be reunited with her in Heaven one day....how cool will that be?!? And then, you'll never be apart from her again. Here's hoping that this last period of her time here on Earth will be surrounded by God's love and that it is as peaceful and easy on her and you/your family as it can be.

Prayers just sent! Continual ones will keep coming. You are not alone!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 4:44 PM

Prayers for you, your Mom, and family.

In my prayers

May 27, 2020, 4:53 PM
1alzheimers.jpg(188.9 K)

May God be with you and your family

Re: In my prayers

May 28, 2020, 4:07 PM

Thank You. That's truth right there. Tears are falling reading that.

Re: In my prayers

May 28, 2020, 8:12 PM [ in reply to In my prayers ]

May God give you the peace and the understanding that you may need during this difficult time. And grant your mother a comfortable passing. God Bless!

May 27, 2020, 4:59 PM

Sorry to hear that and our prayers are with both of you. It is a terrible disease and I am currently experiencing the same thing with my mom. Some days she seems almost normal but in the next hour she doesn't even know who my dad is and they have been married for 63 years. If you have been the primary caretaker for this period, I know she has appreciated everything you have done even though I am sure she was not able to show it. God bless you both.

May 27, 2020, 5:04 PM

Doorman, we thought my grandmother had dementia and it turned out to be tumors on her frontal lobe. Very similar symptoms and it was gut wrenching to see her look so lost and confused, scared and vulnerable. I’m sorry you and she have had to go through this and I wish it would never happen to anyone. Prayers for you and yours sir.

Prayers sent. Caring for you parents is tough.***

May 27, 2020, 5:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 5:14 PM

Saying goodbye to mom is such a hard thing to do. My mom has been gone for thirty five plus years, I have two children and three grandchildren, I've retired, and supposedly living the good life. I still miss my mom. I still dream about her, and sometimes when remembering the good times, I shed a tear. God bless you my friend. God bless your mom. Prayers going up for you both.

Prayers to you and the rest of your family. My father was in

May 27, 2020, 5:27 PM

the very beginning stages of dementia when he died in 1998. I have several friends who are going through the same thing with family members. If anything, it is even more cruel than cancer, or other bodily disease. Our minds are what makes the essence of who we are. I pray that your moms journey forward will be quick and peaceful. We know what awaits her on the other side. Have faith in that, and you will get through it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 5:36 PM

Your Mom and your family will be in my prayers until she completes her journey.

May 27, 2020, 5:50 PM

Doorman, I feel your pain. I lost both of my parents in past 3 years. Their bodies were trying to hang on but their minds were soo far gone. After a visit to nursing home, where my parents didn't know who I was, I had to pull over on the roadside and shed my tears.

I finally got the estate settled this week. My parents lived in assisted living for about 7 years. There was almost nothing to settle up. I never wanted anything, but a sibling thought our parents were multi-millionaires. Dumb #######.

WT

Praying for you and your sweet mother

May 27, 2020, 5:42 PM

Jesus is our hope and our trust and how wonderful it is to know where our ultimate destination will be. I know your mother is at peace and is so proud of you

God Bless ??????

May 27, 2020, 5:46 PM

I am so sad and so sorry that your mom having to endure such a horrible disease. It’s difficult having to watch someone you love so much to suffer. I pray her last days will be peaceful and she will be comfortable. You and you family will be in my prayers. May God provide Your family with his peace and comfort during the days ahead.

My mom passed away in 2019 from Parkinson’s and thank God her last days were peaceful. Knowing she was going to see the face of God helped me to accept her passing. I pray this for you as well.

Your Post is inspiring to others who have lost loved ones and those who will face similar circumstances in the future. You mom must have had a positive impact on so many lives.

May 27, 2020, 5:53 PM

God bless your mom, yourself, and your family!! From reading your post it would seem you are all in good hands with your faith and belief. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours ????

May 27, 2020, 6:24 PM

I'm so sorry--your family is in my prayers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dang. Posts like this always make all of our own problems

May 27, 2020, 7:23 PM

seem minor. Thoughts & prayers brother.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

May 27, 2020, 7:25 PM

I lost my mother in 2013. There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t think of her. People say that it gets easier with time, and it does to an extent. The only thing they comforts me is knowing that I will see her again one day. It’s a hard thing to anybody to endure is losing your parents and relatives. I’ve lost all my parents/ grandparents. My advise to you sir is to take the relatives, family and friends you have remaining, hold them closely and tightly and don’t take anything for granted. You will see them all again one day

May 27, 2020, 7:50 PM

May God bless your mom and family during this most difficult time......when her time comes Jesus will take care of her in Heaven until your time comes to join her......life on earth is short but life in Heaven is for eternity.......Go Tigers!!!!

May 27, 2020, 8:07 PM

Bless you Doorman! I can tell what kind of mom she was by the way you have taken care of her. Her sweet spirit will live on through the kind of man you are. Prayers for all of you Tiger friend!

May 27, 2020, 10:13 PM

God bless you and your Mom! I sure miss mine.

Prayers for your Mom, and for you and your family.***

May 27, 2020, 10:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 27, 2020, 10:40 PM

May God bless you for all the care you have given her over the years. You will be so thankful you did all you could for her, and you honored her and the life she lived.

Prayers for y’all Doorman

May 27, 2020, 10:44 PM

My Dad died from Alzheimer’s and dementia too. I’m thankful to God that I was blessed to be the only person that he always knew. God Bless your mom during her last days in this life.

May 27, 2020, 11:04 PM

Prayers for your mom and your family Doorman. God bless.

May 28, 2020, 3:56 AM

Prayer for y’all.

A wonderful loving tribute - Doorman ... Prayers for you ...

May 28, 2020, 4:09 AM

... and family during this difficult time !!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

My family and I faced the same with our Mother

May 28, 2020, 5:25 AM

22 years ago, so I sincerely sympathize and offer my best wishes.

May 28, 2020, 6:45 AM

Great post. Glad you have each other. Thanks for posting that.

Re: Saying Goodbye To My Mom...UPDATE... Mom went peacefully

May 28, 2020, 4:04 PM

to be with the Lord last night with all her children and other family by her side. It was time for her to go. Dementia is a cruel disease. Thank You to each and everyone for your thoughts, Prayers and kind words. The support on Tiger Net is truly amazing. We will have a Covid 19 Service. We will be social distancing graveside. Thanks Again and GO TIGERS!

Re: Saying Goodbye To My Mom...UPDATE... Mom went peacefully

May 28, 2020, 4:46 PM

Continued prayers for you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss, but I know that she's in a lot better place. Even though you were expecting her passing, it still hurts like hail. Thanks for the update.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic