Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw some of you questioning the defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Saw some of you questioning the defense

Aug 17, 2014, 11:08 PM

Yesterday because we gave up big numbers to UGA, FSU, and Ohio State. Name another team besides FSU that didn't give up big numbers last year? Bama did, LSU did, South Carolina did, this isn't the days of Danny Ford were offenses are simple and easy to defend. The state of Texas started the fast paced offense with 7 on 7 football, and it has spread to college and the pro's. Teams will score and spread the ball around to players who can catch and run and they have QB who know how to read defense's. Clemson defense will be very good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably true, but..

Aug 17, 2014, 11:18 PM

we must cut down on the big plays. We were one of the worst in the nation last year at giving up the chunk plays. Blown assignments, opeaking into the backfield, not trusting the guy beside you to do his job...that s##t has to stop.

Re: Probably true, but..

Aug 17, 2014, 11:30 PM

You're right about the big plays this year with more talent and experience at safety I think you'll see one of them lining up 20 to 25 yards off the ball. This will allow them to play center field and with their ball skills they will get a lot of picks.

Re: Saw some of you questioning the defense

Aug 17, 2014, 11:23 PM

I both hope and believe that our D will be solid. The spread offense has definitely changed the dynamic of the game. The "mighty SEC defenses" have been lit up by Missouri and Auburn. With spread offenses, no matter how good the defense, the days of 7 to 3 or 7 to 6 games are a thing of the past.

Aug 17, 2014, 11:29 PM

I dont know about solid, Venables finally has all the pieces in place to field what could be our best defense since the early 90's

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2014, 11:35 PM

I think we will be good on D. I will admit, FSU has me worried, but other than FSU I truly believe we are up to the task. I am not saying we lost to FSU, but I definitely am not confident in our ability to beat them.

Aug 17, 2014, 11:36 PM

after last year, I do not blame you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this year will be different with FSU because last

Aug 18, 2014, 9:01 AM

year FSU had 2 weeks to prepare for us while we had to fight against Boston college, while trying not to expose our plays to a team thats studying us on an off week. You just cannot give a team like that extra time to prepare. Tajh and Chad Morris couldn't read the changes on defense the we prepared for. Therefor to many 4 and outs and our defense got tired.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic