Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flags are out over the 14th st bridge in DC near the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,741

Flags are out over the 14th st bridge in DC near the

Sep 11, 2013, 7:51 AM
photo(2).JPG(326.7 K)

Pentagon. One American flag for every person lost on 9/11 at the Pentagon. Never Forget!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Flags are out over the 14th st bridge in DC near the

Sep 11, 2013, 8:46 AM

Getting ready for the Million Muslim March! Seriously though, very cool picture. Let's not forget.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I won't - will never forget watching the Today show that....

Sep 11, 2013, 8:57 AM

morning and seeing the second plane over NYC slam into the WTC - can't possibly forget that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in NYC on Monday the 10th...

Sep 11, 2013, 9:24 AM

I was at the Clemson/Wofford game on 9/8 and flew up to NYC on the 9th for a business meeting the morning of the 10th.

The plan was to fly back to SC on the afternoon of the 10th but the meeting ran longer than expected and we missed our flight.

Our group of five debated spending the night and flying back on the 11th but as fate would have it, three of us (including me) managed to find a later flight back to SC. Two of my co-workers who elected to stay in NYC another night and fly back on the 11th finally made it back to SC about four days later.

We were staying at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan which is at the opposite end of the City from the financial district and the location of the terrorist attacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Saw several old vets waving flags on the street

Sep 11, 2013, 10:20 AM

corners of the tiny town of McBee, SC this morning. Never forget and never again!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a state trooper with SCHP

Sep 11, 2013, 10:26 AM

Just off of midnight shift in Orangeburg County when the phone rang, my Sgt called to tell me to get back on I-95 immediately, i cut on the news, saw the second plane hit when i got dressed and then went and worked 14 hrs on 95 stopping anybody who remotely fit a vehicle or tag description from the FBI list they gave us. Did that for 7 days straight. I stopped an FDNY guy two weeks later headed to FL for a break for speeding and talked to him for an hour instead of writing him a ticket. Ill never ever forget that time....its why i went back in the Marine Corps. Thank God we live free...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,741
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic