Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw on ESPN last night that USC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,737

Saw on ESPN last night that USC

Mar 4, 2015, 2:45 PM

Is projected to make it into the college playoffs this season because of the great recruiting class they brought in and the players they have returning. Clemson was not mentioned at all. My question is, how come Clemson doesn't ever get much love? We just had 4 consecutive 10 win seasons, won 3 consecutive bowl games beating teams such as OSU, LSU and Oklahoma, we have 4 consecutive top 15 recruiting classes with this past recruiting class finishing in the top 5, and we have alot of talented players returning including arguably the best QB in college football. I don't understand why we aren't predicted to run the table next yr and a team like USC who has been stuck in mediocrity the past few yrs is predicted to do big things. I kinda like being the underdogs but you would think with our recent success, we would have more respect nationally

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw on ESPN last night that USC

Mar 4, 2015, 2:51 PM

Playing to a media center and large population

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw on ESPN last night that USC

Mar 4, 2015, 3:04 PM

74: the media center is WIS...

Population is RCDC

Probably due to the loss of the majority of the starting D

Mar 4, 2015, 2:55 PM

and replacing most of the O line.

Gotcha, cadcock.

Mar 4, 2015, 3:00 PM

USC, not Scar....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Says the coot..

Mar 4, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Probably due to the loss of the majority of the starting D ]

We'll be fine. Worry about who your starting QB is gonna be and who can actually tackle for yall this season... Yep, 'Tay Scott just took another jet sweep to the house.

Re: Says the coot cadcock...

Mar 4, 2015, 3:02 PM

Coot just got "Trojaned" by OJ

Re: Loss on D and O lines?

Mar 4, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Probably due to the loss of the majority of the starting D ]

You apparently are trying to make yourself seem Tiger educated. The only "big" loss, and I use that term loosely, is the defensive line starters. And if you watched any of the bowl game, the defensive line that played most of that game was the second string which is a host of sophomores and juniors. Last I check the offensive line only lost 2 starters to graduation and we recruited 5. If my math is correct, that is +3...surplus. Not only that, there is such thing as "recruiting up." Meaning the guys that are, in some cases, better or more prepped than the guys that departed and are in early learning the system. I haven't even mentioned the red shirts who have had a year to prepare to play behind the experienced players.

This ain't South Carolina. We don't stockpile talent and claim they are all starters. We don't deem a coach hiring as the road to the national championship, and we don't look at player after player, recruit after recruit, leaving a "good thing" or "good riddance, we don't need ya!" This is Clemson, where we know hard work and seeing it pay off when the season arrives. Where our coaches aren't more concerned about their twitter account than spring practice. Where we know how to win. Not just talk about winning.

Good thing you have no idea what you're talking about***

Mar 4, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Probably due to the loss of the majority of the starting D ]

Clemson

Southern Cal may make a playoff run....

Mar 4, 2015, 3:07 PM

but $CU, not so much. I think they struggle just to duplicate last years 6 - 6 regular season record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

USC needs to worry bout beatin AzSt and UCLA 1st!

Mar 4, 2015, 4:43 PM

The past three years, the Trojans are 1-5 against AzSt and UCLA. They barely nabbed a win against a weak Nebraska team this year. Plus they lost to BC. They're perhaps the most inconsistent team in CFB. The knock on Clemson seems to be the same horse*hit every year; Who'll be the RB to step up, OL questions, defensive questions, blah blah blah.

Really all we need to do is what we haven't done consistently in beating both GT and FSU. That and tally another ACC crown. This could be that year but our schedule is rather brutal, IMHO.

But at the end of the day, F$@K ESPN and GO TIGERS.

We've gotten tons of love this off season, maybe more

Mar 4, 2015, 5:06 PM

than anyone other than Ohio State and TCU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? i haven't seen much

Mar 4, 2015, 6:14 PM

Im sure your right i just havent been seeing much love from the media

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,737
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic