Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 20, 2019, 7:55 AM

Friday night. Stayed in to get ready for the weekend excursion.

Saturday - up earlyish to head up to The Shed for some Blackberry Smoke. Make a pit stop at the Moose Cafe in Asheville for breakfast. Mostly uneventful mountain drive, meet up with RH and the Mrs., grab some awesome Cuban food, because what else do you eat in Maryville, TN. Survive a brief but violent hail storm, then off for a night full of rock n roll and hell raising. Possibly the best Blackberry Smoke show I've been to.

Sunday, over to Gatlinburg for some brunch at Crockett's Breakfast Camp and a lil walkin' around. Back home by 7:15 or so. Sunday's drive saw a truck expertly ride down the mountain with a trailer for a bit then compare that to some guy who nearly came to a complete stop on one straight portion somewhere near sliding rock. I guess he could see my general frustration when I threw up my hands an off my hat so he finally pulled off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 20, 2019, 7:59 AM

Friday - dinner with the family and then headed down to watch some terrible baseball and then hit MGM for some roulette and blackjack.

Saturday - swim lessons for kids, lunch with the family at our favorite lunch spot. Back to baseball game with son and watched more terrible baseball.

Sunday - church, playground time in neighborhood since it was so nice, grilled steaks and salmon for dinner.

9/10 - lots of rain and really bad baseball make me lose a point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usual

May 20, 2019, 7:59 AM

Fri - Cut grass, picked up nephew, went to tourney meet, slept at in-laws

Sat - Fished Keowee tourney, did not win, lost a good one that cost us but had fun

Sun - Church in the morning, napped, back to church, and boingy boingy before bed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WhalE, whale! gOOD TIMING!

May 20, 2019, 8:01 AM

Fri - packing boxes' some good seafood for dinner, nice beer. Found 1981 Si copy
Sat - watched 5 yr old grandson score 2 TD's in flag football...fast lil rascal! More beer and PGA watching
Sun - Packing and relaxing! Turkey burgers for dinner!

Re: WhalE, whale! gOOD TIMING!

May 20, 2019, 9:42 AM

watch out, Muscramp will be there offering your grandson a scholly before to long.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

purdy gooch

May 20, 2019, 8:10 AM

Good steak dinner with the whole unit, as daughterofnopigs is home from colledge

Sat put on a clinic at tennis clinic, watched the human labotomy kick it around bethpage, followed by standard Mexican fare

Sunday, got the boat on the water... wouldn’t start initially, but jostled and jimmied a few fuses and she’s purring nicely as usual. Delivered a double bagel in tennis Sunday pm doubles, then grilled burgers and steaks.

1/10 coz wifeofnopigs aunt stayed the whole weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Welp, the Tigers took 2 of 3 but I didn't die.

Friday - Went to Mellow Mushroom. Didn't see MauldinT

Sattidy - fishin' & boatin'. Caught me 1st fish off the dock. a bream about 3/4 the size of the crankbait he hit. Cooked dawgs for 8 high school kids and had a fire in the fire pit since, s'mores..

Sunday - replaced mailbox & stained the new post I set in concrete. Trimmed azaleas, sprayed weeds, planted flowers. Then took the kids to the Quarry and the Marina. Got a free beer.

9/10...-1 cause I'm tired this am.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Intense .... Currently SIOAIT

Friday - Don't remember
Saturday - Went to Humane Society to find a pup. None were really our speed. Will try again. Got hammered and woke up on couch at 5:00 am.
Sunday - Haircut / Yardwork / PGA / steak on BGE / GOT

Crocketts = good eatin'

May 20, 2019, 8:13 AM

Well done young man..

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

RH gets the credit for Crocketts as he discovered it.***

May 20, 2019, 8:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Discovered it? He's old enough to have started it!***

May 20, 2019, 8:17 AM

Back when me and Davy used to make cathead biscuits in the

May 20, 2019, 10:04 AM

cast iron pan over the campfire....

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 8:13 AM

Friday - painted

Saturday - painted

Sunday - painted

That recruiting class doh!!!!! We too deep!

5 stars out of 5

Quite nice

May 20, 2019, 8:18 AM

Friday took the wife up to Flat Rock for a quilt show. In spite of myself, I was quite impressed with the artistry of some of the quilts. Then to Haus Heidelberg for some gut German food food and beer.
Stopped in Mcfarland's and picked up a supply of cream puffs for the weekend then home to watch CU baseball

Saturday up early to Clinton to judge some BBQ and hang out at Rhythm on the Rails - excellent ribs this year and they added brisket so win win.
Saw one of you lungers walking along I-26 buck nekkid on the way. Which one of you had a bachelor party that got out of hand Friday night?

Was too hot to hang around waiting on marginal bands so headed back mid afternoon for more TV baseball and Netflix

Sunday FIL birthday dinner, yardwork etc. Missed CU screwing the pooch on Senior Day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Lazy, and a little under the weather....

May 20, 2019, 8:20 AM

so I pretty much sat around lightly grazing on foods to hold down.

Saw something that reminded me of the old Underbelly Season 2 about Aussie Bob and Terry Clark.

Watched about 5 episodes, and now back into it and want to finish.

obligatory season 2 hottness

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Busy as usual.

May 20, 2019, 8:30 AM

Friday: Stayed home with a sick kid. Fever finally broke and he started feeling better.

Saturday: Nephew's birthday party at the fun warehouse in MB. There is no fun in that warehouse. It's a lie. Nothing but headaches. But for some reason, everybody in my family believe in that birthday location. Went shoe shopping for the kids. $40 for shoes they will be grown out of by the end of summer. My God. Just an all around irritating day. But in-laws kept the kids overnight so score.

Sunday: Slept late, picked up kids then made the rounds. Went to see grand parents. Grilled. Wife of bought a slip and slide for the kids which they then proceeded to fall on constantly and cry. Kids are stupid.

Overall 6/5

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

May 20, 2019, 8:37 AM

Good food, PGA Championship on TV, Game of Thrones finale, went out and got drunk with my friend who was in town for a night.

May 20, 2019, 8:41 AM

Went to Wiki Wiki Sandbar on Folly Friday. That place IS EFFIN GOOD. Food was awesome. Bar is awesome. Whole building is awesome. and the view from the top deck is pretty good for being 2 streets back from the beach

Went to Carowinds for company picnic

May 20, 2019, 8:47 AM

Sweated my balls off more than if they was sittin on a George Fourman grill. The waterpark opened on Sattidy and there was plenty of tiddies everwhere, but of the hundreds I saw maybe 1 or 2 pair that was actually asseptable to enjoy. Lots of Obeds and TRDJs there. Also was apparently middle school band day as the place was flooded with those little #######.

I know the rules boys but it was more of this

and not at all like this

There was a lot of this

Pretty good. Camping was the highlight.

May 20, 2019, 9:02 AM

Friday - Went to BFE Lexington County and camped.

Saturday - Went canoeing, fishing mostly, then other cub scout stuff. Watched a fire almost get out of control, watched 4 scouts try and cut a fat lighter stump in half (lollers), cooked about 60 pancakes. Drank about 6 bottles of water because it was 234 degrees. Caught two brim. One was fairly nice sized. Saw a lizard that's evidently "common" that I've never seen before. Must be common AND elusive. Son of swam all day and refused to drink water. So by the end of the day Saturday he quit, we bailed, and came home.

Sunday - Went to see dad. He was able to talk a little bit. Went to grocery store made the weekly grocery run. Drank 3 mojitos and a beer while cooking/eating mild italian sausages wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce. Wife cooked veggies. Ate, slept. Starting work this AM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lazy af

May 20, 2019, 9:21 AM

Friday drove down to James Island, skipped the Twerking Contest and headed over to Zen for sushi and saki. Made ##### in the Airbnb.

Saturday woke up and made more ##### then had a huge breakfast at Maple Street. Hopped on a boat and rode around the harbor and over to IOP and back to Shem Creek. Crashed hard Saturday night.

Sunday headed home, did some grocery shopping, washed the car, changed brake pads on gf's SUV and watched GoT

The end

Pretty good, got to meet an old Tiger football player

May 20, 2019, 9:32 AM

from the 90's. I went to a charity event on Saturday night with a silent auction, much to my surprise there was a signed Deshaun Watson Clemson helmet for the bid.

I assumed there wouldn't be any other suitors since I'm in UGA country but low and behold, I look down and see "Rahim Abdullah" on the sheet. I end up deciding to bid later because LDR and dat natty, but in a very weird coincidence I sit down for dinner at my assigned table and Rahim and his wife are sitting there.

Rahim outbid me later on and seeing that he is 6'5 and easily 250 pounds of muscle I decided not to press my luck and I let it go. Really nice dude though...

Let's see how good my memory is.

May 20, 2019, 10:20 AM

Rahim picked off a goal line pass against Duke in OT in the Valley, and took it some 95 yards the other way for the win. Early 2000s. This was in doldrum years, so I'd guess...1998. Or 2002.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 11:23 AM

And Clemson won by 9 points in OT, which is apparently impossible to do today, as the play would be called dead as soon as he picked the ball. He wouldn't be able to return it. That's a dumb rule change if true. Why not let the other team try to force a fumble?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.

May 20, 2019, 9:36 AM

Friday, stopped and grabbed Papa Murphy pizza with my free pizza coupon, went home and walked pup, cooked pizza, drank beers and ate it, watched something or other on TV and crashed.

Saturday, up early, drop pup off to board, and back roads long way all the way to Maryville, TN. I think aero covered the agenda, except I will reiterate that amazing awesomeness of this show...Blackberry Smoke always puts on a show but this was unparalleled. This was something straight out of the epic shows of the 70s...LOUD, raucious, and high energy with an excellent cross-section of the Smoke catalog and great covers sprinkled in.

THEY COVERED BLACK SABBATH'S PLANET CARAVAN AND I NEARLY LOST MY FECES.

Sunday, Crockett's Breakfast Camp for Cathead Stacker biscuits (eggas over easy, fried bologna, cheddar cheese), a brief stroll through the city founded by Keith Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers, the once again back roads and long way all the way home. Hit part of the Blue Ridge Parkway but jumped off once we got thirsty. Finally got home around 8:00 pm, flopped into the Big Chair and was a lazy slug until finally going to bed.

There's no other way to put it: THE WEEKEND WENT TO 11.

Typical I guess

May 20, 2019, 9:36 AM

Went to see Sol Driven Train at Party at the point. They were good.

Went out in the boat late Saturday afternoon and hung out on the sand bar behind Sullivan's Island for a few hours. Lots of boats and the harbor was rough af, but didn't care because I was on the boat. Hung out around the house the rest of the day.

Went to some friends house for a brunch, that later turned into a drunken argument when we got home, which had continued from Saturday night, so that was fun. Ended up later at the Southern for a burger and then came home and watched Catch-22 on Hulu. It was pretty good.

May 20, 2019, 9:41 AM

pretty dang good!!

Friday: took Myfavjr. to our first truck race in Charlotte. We enjoyed it!! Smiled when I saw Murphy committed to the Tigers!!!

Saturday: Went to Myfavjrs. coach pitch game (won!) Went home and mowed grass, grilled backbone and veggies, watched Nascar All Star Race. Got tickled seeing Bowyer take on Newman!

Sunday: Worked first part of morning, ate dinner with my mom, picked up Myfavjr. from his mom, washed clothes, then we played golf before heading home for something to eat, baths and time for bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretty good.

May 20, 2019, 9:50 AM

Friday night went to great beer bar/bbq/Mex place
Sat. Took train from New Haven to NYC. Walked around Village and Chelsea. Saw candy man in Washington Sq. Park. Had dinner at the Ginger Man.
Sun. Hit gym then hung in hotel room drinking beer and sampling candy.

9/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 9:53 AM

Friday: chilled

Saturday: went to friends house on Lake Wateree. Spent the day on the lake. Grilled burgers for dinner. Spent the night because did not need to drive back to Gangland.

Sunday: outdoor breakfast on deck over looking the lake. Home to watch PGA. In bed early.

10/10.

Pretty good

May 20, 2019, 9:55 AM

Was at the beach all week last week, so that was nice. Friday waded out into the bay and caught some more trout based off of info from the guide I went out with the previous day. Finally cooked some, and found it to be the most delicious fish I've ever eaten.

Floated in the ocean most of the day Saturday, trying to sweat out all the beer I had drank prior in the week. Ended up giving up and continuing to drink beer. Golf carted around on the beach for an hour or so, had a nice little afternoon.

Up early Sunday for the trip home, not a bad ride other than having to go through Atlanta. South Carolina drivers made all of us look bad per usual, driving in the left lane, braking for no reason, etc. Brutal run up 85. Feels like I sat down for about 10 minutes yesterday, then it's back to the interstate today. Pretty much wish I could never come back to Greenville again in my life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were you? Jekyll? St. Simons? Panhandle?***

May 20, 2019, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Panhandle. Not the overpopulated tourist trap part of

May 20, 2019, 10:18 AM

it though. They're still hurting pretty bad from the hurricane, a lot of the locals that stayed are still living in campers. I think I may have to move down there and join the fight against developers turning it into Panama City, Watercolor, and some of those other areas that have been ruined.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We took every back road we could find through the mountains

May 20, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Pretty good ]

and then hit the 26 in Asheville to 85 because I THOUGHT it would be quicker since we were ready to get home. I should have continued on 74 and gone through Chimney Rock-Lake Lure-Shelby all the way to Highway 5 like I originally wanted to do. Wreck on 26 and...well, 85 is 85.

DND.

May 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

Dem NATTIES Doh!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10/10....Bought a house. 8 days ‘til retiring.....’Nuff Said***

May 20, 2019, 10:24 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long until you get bored?***

May 20, 2019, 11:34 AM

I'm jealous***

May 20, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to 10/10....Bought a house. 8 days ‘til retiring.....’Nuff Said*** ]

Saw Deshaun Watson leap over a 6 year old kid and throw a

May 20, 2019, 10:26 AM

perfect strike to an open 6-year old WR in the endzone who then proceeded to drop the pass because he was 6.

Son went to DW4 camp at Clemson and it was cool. He is 6 and just getting into athletics so his skill level is low. Luckily all the other little shits are the same way. He had fun, spent time in Clemson, drove alot.

Did other stuff. Wife and daughter were at Bring Your Daughter to Clemson weekend and they loved it (as usual).

Busy weekend. Dad also drove the golf cart into the pool pump, piping, and filter so it drained out and had to be repaired on Saturday. He said the accelerator got stuck but that is exactly why he only gets to dive a golf cart these days. He THINKS he can still drive a car.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good - first weekend home in a while

May 20, 2019, 10:36 AM

Friday - played in a golf tourney up in G-vegas with my dad. Drove up Friday mawn, and listened to Mackey to see what all the fuss was about. Whichever jounger ##### on him is spot on - his voice is pretty hard to listen to. Golf tourney was good, spent time w/ pops - 8/10 b/c didn't win

Saturday - chilled at home and laid by the pool. drank beer, watched golf, cooked some burgers for supper - 9/10

Sunday - chilled around the house. went back to the pool. neighborhood has a couple of new hotties that i'll have to sneak some ninjas...caught me off guard, but should have some opportunities for memorial day weekend coming up. watched golf and drank beer, then cooked steaks for GoT finale - 9/10

Pretty fantastic

May 20, 2019, 12:23 PM

Fri - played golf, shot 82. Not terrible but can't putt a lick. Went to Hops and Hogs festival downtown that evening (bbq festival, not fat chicks festival), had some good whole hog bbq and some beers.

Sat - played in member-member tournament with my brother. We won our flight ($80), then played nine more in after tourney skins game. Chipped in for birdie on #4, netted $175 on that one. Pretty #### happy! Drank too many beers.

Sun - Rotated tires on the Pilot. It was every bit as shitty as you would think it would be. Hot af, sweated buckets but got it done. Played golf, shot 78 but still can't putt a lick. Did take $5 off of the other team though. Slice of pizza and some beer at pizza joint afterwards.

Mon - tired af from playing golf three days in a row, but not tired enough to not enjoy some redhead things before coming into work. Been a pretty good start to the week, and get to play Augusta National tomorrow.

TL,DR - golf, beer, sex. 10/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Pretty fantastic

May 20, 2019, 12:40 PM

Casually going to play Augusta National? I need to get in BigDaddys friend group

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh

May 20, 2019, 12:43 PM

After about 5 times it kind of becomes old hat

Re: Meh

May 20, 2019, 12:52 PM

I understand, don't take it for granted! If you're from Aiken you should take Kisner with you lord knows he needs the practice

He was practicing out at Palmetto last Sunday

May 20, 2019, 1:01 PM

Evidently not hard enough though

Stressful.

May 20, 2019, 1:22 PM

Applied to jobs left and right. Tried to research health insurance in case mine goes away today. Took lilmissgrouching to her friend's birthday party yesterday. Was not disappointed in Game of Thrones finale.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic