Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday was a lesson for me in appreciating where we are.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,208

Saturday was a lesson for me in appreciating where we are.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:14 AM

(Repost)

I was sitting in DV on Saturday watching the clock just bleed away and NC St running it slowly and inevitably towards a chip shot field goal and I started preparing myself mentally for the loss. Being in a pissy mood at the tailgate, stewing the whole ride home, not watching any football the rest of the day, blocking out CFB media for the next few days, you know, the usual post-loss depression for those of us who take this thing way too seriously, and I realized "#### it's been a LONG time since I've felt that way after a game."

We've been on one #### of a run the last few years and I for one have been too busy either looking forward to the next game or criticizing minutia on T-Net to fully appreciate how long it's been since I've gone through the post-game grieving process.

Do you realize, we haven't lost a game to an unranked team in 5 years?

That we haven't lost a game at home in 3 years?

That we haven't lost a regular season game or a conference game in 2 years?

I don't care how you're winning games, pretty, ugly, close, blowout, that's an amazing run.

We all know somewhere in the backs of our minds, that this ain't gonna last forever. At some point we're going to drop a game to a conference team or an unranked team and it will seem like the end of the world. College football is cyclical like that. We've seen it happen to Oregon, Oklahoma, and Stanford this year. We've also seen it happen to the Coots, but in a very satisfying karmic way!

So maybe we all need to take a minute and appreciate where we are right now during the bye week.

GO TIGERS!!!

BEAT FSU!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday was a lesson for me in appreciating where we are.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:18 AM

Good post

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 9:21 AM

I know your right, but I hope it takes a long long time to prove it. Go Tigers!

null

I'll never forget the car ride home after UNC beat our

Oct 17, 2016, 9:45 AM

tails with Julius Peppers in our business ALL.FREAKING.DAY. I thought to myself "I wonder what it feels like to go to a game and just know you are going to win?!"

Well, now I know. It's AWESOME!! And I try to remember just how awesome it is every single game. I know it won't last, but for now, it sure is amazing!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I was absolutely positive we would win Saturday...

Oct 17, 2016, 11:25 AM

until there were about 30 seconds left on the clock. Then, a smidgen of doubt sneaked in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 9:47 AM

Pretty amazing run for people who remember what it was like for Clemson football in the 90's. We'd come into every game(other than I-AA schools like Furman) not knowing if we'd win or lose. Now we expect to win against everybody other than 1 or 2 programs.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:54 AM

yeah.. knowing you're gonna win and expecting to win are two TOTALLY different mindsets.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Saturday was a lesson for me in appreciating where we are. ]

I had lots of long rides home in the Tommy West days and Bowden days. Frustrating and demoralizing. Enjoy the ride we are own. It can vanish as quickly as it appeared!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,208
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic