Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday Games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Saturday Games

Feb 10, 2018, 7:02 PM

UNC vs NC state IMO is a wash. We split with both and it would only give us a 2 game lead if either would have won.

The Miami game though IMO was the bigger game b/c with the loss to BC it gave us a 2 game lead on the 4th and final spot for a 2 day bye in the ACC.

Looking at Miami, NC State, UNC schedule I do believe we have the toughest including Duke's schedule of all. I think we can win out all of our remaining games.I think FSU on the road as well as VT is beatable it wouldn't surprise me though if we split those. I think we can beat cuse on the road. My thoughts are 4-2 but thinking 5-1 and not surprised if we are 6-0. Duke being at home is huge

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would gladly take a 4-2 finish right now! Would definitely

Feb 10, 2018, 7:12 PM

put us in they top four of ACC tourney!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday Games

Feb 10, 2018, 7:13 PM

Lol we aren’t winning out. We won’t win at VT. Will lose 1 between at FSU and vs Duke. 4 and 2 at best. But I sure am pulling for your predictions

Feb 10, 2018, 7:18 PM

you could be right! but I saw so many fans after the UVA loss that said we wouldn't beat GT, UNC or Wake or we would go 1-2 against those 3 teams, and not make the NCAA tournament. I'm not saying you were one of those but I did see everyone celebrating after those 3 games saying "I told you so"

Feb 10, 2018, 7:21 PM

but honestly 4-2 down this stretch wouldn't be that bad 13-5 in the ACC and 24-6 overall I would take that any day. That would get us a double bye and probable a 2 at best and 4 seed at worst bid

Feb 10, 2018, 7:31 PM

This team has been amazing and nothing they do will surprise me. Their grit and belief is off the charts. That being said we have little room for error. There will be a couple of games where we go cold from 3 and that will not be good. I would gladly take a 3-3 finish for 23-7,12-6. That would get us a double bye because we have the tiebreaker over Louisville and Miami.

Feb 10, 2018, 7:38 PM

Louisville def has a tough road down stretch as well as miami. I think if we can win 3 we should be good for that bye 4 for sure though! Go Tigers!!! it is so exciting as a fan trying to formulate different schedules just for a double bye! I think we will get it as long as we split the last 6

Feb 10, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday Games ]

4-2 would be GREAT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 7:57 PM

If UVA wins, the Tigers will have at least three games in the loss column on all but Duke, UNC, L'ville, and Miami...but they own the tie-breaker on the last two. Take out Duke, and they have that tie-breaker. The schedule has set up nicely for the stretch run. FSU is staggering, 'Cuse have only seven schollie players. Come next Sunday night, Clemson could have a first four finish virtually locked up. Big week ahead...bigger opportunities!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday Games ]

That's being realistic...(3-3)

Message was edited by: ZeeGantt®

Feb 10, 2018, 7:57 PM

Hope that proves to make me look bad!
Go Tigers

Feb 10, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday Games ]

Hope that proves to make me look bad!
Go Tigers

Whatever gets us a top 4 ACC tourney seed.....

Feb 10, 2018, 9:46 PM

We are in a good position right now...and hold tiebreakers over Miami and Louisville...
If we actually want to think about making a semifinal or playing for an ACC title, the double-bye is the preferred method.
I know everyone wants a deep run in the dance...but I would take an ACC championship if it meant a shorter run in the big dance.
We are wayyyyy overdue for that.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic