Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sammy Watkins is a Game Changer and by far our best player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,522

Sammy Watkins is a Game Changer and by far our best player

Jun 18, 2012, 9:05 AM

Go back and look at game film from last year. He is a CJ Spiller type impact player and we would not have come close to winning 10 games without him. Gentlemen, if he is not on the field vs. Auburn we have a problem. Not saying we will lose, but he makes us a completely different team. And with our talent at WR, that is saying ALOT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Germans***

Jun 18, 2012, 9:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody's point fishing...***

Jun 18, 2012, 9:16 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but....

Jun 18, 2012, 9:18 AM

I have a lot of faith in Hopkins taking it up a notch and some other guys we haven't really seen stepping it up and shining, Bryant and Peake etc. I agree it's going to be a tough game though.

Jaron Brown will make a major 'statement' as well...GO TO.***

Jun 18, 2012, 1:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuke became a solid "go to" guy when needed. Bryant will

Jun 18, 2012, 9:25 AM

certainly add on his stability with consistency. TE was where it was at when we needed something like a first down.

Sammy had the ability to make a spectacular play anytime he touched the ball like CJ. He is a special player for the team in all aspects, but we will not lose because he is not playing.

Auburn is not as good as they were two years ago and probably the same as last year. We are building a stronger team this year on offense in Morris' second year as HC of the offense. The question will be how well the offensive line can prepare, grow, gel adn perform.

With the loss of the defensive side of the line and new coach will be the key to success this year, I think. If the defense actually performs better overall, then that would take pressure off of the offense to score a bunch of points to win.

Deep Ball, Kick Returns, Speed Sweeps, Wildcat,

Jun 18, 2012, 9:30 AM

etc. We will need all of this to beat Auburn. I just hope he plays

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Deep Ball, Kick Returns, Speed Sweeps, Wildcat,

Jun 18, 2012, 11:58 AM

If Sammy plays vs AU, Dabo will lose some credibility for proper punishment. What Sammy did was wrong - and everyone knows it - even Sammy. Sammy will be fine - but the punishment needs to fit, and sitting Sammy against weaker opponents makes the punishment pretty lame. We don't want to become usuc-upstate.

Re: Deep Ball, Kick Returns, Speed Sweeps, Wildcat,

Jun 18, 2012, 12:05 PM

Agreed 1000% Some things are more important than winning, like maintaining the integrity of your program.

That said, we can beat AU without Sammy. They are breaking in a completely new QB and lost Michael Dyer. Don't think they will be a very strong team IMO.

Biggest concern is our O-Line.

Re: Sammy Watkins is a Game Changer and by far our best player

Jun 18, 2012, 12:42 PM

He's no Spiller though. It's crazy how Sammy was good enough last year to be a first team AA, but Spiller never got it and got shafted with the Heisman invite.

Spiller's ability to juke and break tackles was unreal. Sammy's a straightlined speed guy. It'll be interesting to see how Sammy's game develops over the next few years

not disagreeing at all, but.......

Jun 18, 2012, 1:37 PM

discounting Nuk Hopkins is a mistake I'm hoping all opposing defensive coordinators make.

Not only that, but Jaron Brown, Charone Peak,& Martavis Bryant stand to be better also and possibly have what would normally be considered "break-out" years......and I'm going to toss out two more names---Brandon Ford @TE and Stanton Seckinger @WR---who IMO may contribute significantly too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and Humphries, Hopper, Cooper, McClain, and more...***

Jun 18, 2012, 1:44 PM

the receiver cupboard seems to be nearly full!!!...lol***

Jun 18, 2012, 2:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,522
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic