Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Players I have mis-judged in recent years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,454

Players I have mis-judged in recent years

Jun 18, 2017, 7:01 AM

I had high hopes for several players in recent years, but injury or other reasons caused them to come up short.

Rendrick Taylor - I thought NOBODY could actually cover this guy, but injuries kept him back.
Tyshon Dye - I thought he was the answer to our RUN game. Didn't happen due to injury or other.
Germone Hopper - I thought he was going to be another great WR, but something happened - dunno?
Tyrone Crowder - Not sure I missed on him as we did win a NC with him in the line up. But I thought he was going to absolutely crush opponents, and I never really saw that happen. Maybe the verdict is still out at the next level.

Deon Cain - I called him "The Blur" when he was recruited 'cause he ran so fast his shoes blurred. He has not been the success I had hoped to see - YET. This year is his year. Now my thought is that Powell is going to surpass him. He needs to become that go-to guy that we need to stretch the field. And we need a QB to get the ball to him. C'mon Cain - it's your year and the NFL will be watching.

We have so many great players, the list could be extremely long as we wait to see how they grow as they wait their turn to get major PT. Anyone else miss out on their expectations/predictions for players to become the player they thought they'd see?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Players I have mis-judged in recent years

Jun 18, 2017, 7:15 AM

Tucker Israel and Kelly Bryant- Both have time but will likely get passed up by even better talent. Good thing to be wrong on that one.
Rendrick Taylor- It was like he never fit anywhere but maybe the most athletic.
Jamie Harper- Never lived up to hype or potential.
Ebenezer Obendenko- Got kicked off team, thought #1 player from NY would be a he changer.
Priester, Hopper, Thompson all three wrs were or have been disappointing.
Kickers we have gave scholarships to that never started over walk-one. Besides Pinion lots of disappointment

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Jake Bentley

Jun 18, 2017, 7:19 AM

I thought he was going to be good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Jake Bentley

Jun 18, 2017, 7:41 AM

;)

Perry Orth, right behind the ball headed guy appears to be

Jun 18, 2017, 8:41 AM

thinking, "I see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya"...............

Jun 18, 2017, 7:47 AM

Think you need to re-look Tyrone Crowder...that guy is a steam roller and has plowed many a defender in games. Crowder is a definite plus to have on our O-line and predict he will end up in the pros next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Crowder

Jun 18, 2017, 11:31 AM

Was first team All-ACC as a junior.

I'd advise a little research on the original poster's part and a WAIT AND SEE PLAN.

I guess you would have run off Dodd before he was a senior???

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Almost everyone mis-judged Wayne Gallman

Jun 18, 2017, 7:58 AM

Certainly an afterthought in his recruiting class, Gallman became an indispensible part of the National Championship team. Arguably the most "complete" player we've ever had at the RB position.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of the Cain and McCloud duo, I would say that

Jun 18, 2017, 8:49 AM

McCloud is the one who hasn't shown a lot. Heck, Cain got numbers behind Williams.

Sammy Watkins. Thought he'd be great. 1st year: All-American

Jun 18, 2017, 8:56 AM

instead. Boy was I wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain? You mean the guy that completely turned around

Jun 18, 2017, 8:57 AM

the national championship game and stole the momentum from the fighting Bamas? The guy who had 724 yards (19+ ypc) and 9 TDs last year as a sophomore? You must have really high expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Cain? You mean the guy that completely turned around

Jun 18, 2017, 8:58 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Offense was stagnant until he took off down the field. Changed the game and gave the offense confidence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep - had to do a double take on cain

Jun 18, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Cain? You mean the guy that completely turned around ]

cain and gallman were critical in bama game. those two were the catalysts and did things that had to be done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 18, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Cain? You mean the guy that completely turned around ]

Clearly he should have beat out Mike Williams for the starting job.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He expected him to score a TD on that play***

Jun 18, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Cain? You mean the guy that completely turned around ]

Jun 18, 2017, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Cain? You mean the guy that completely turned around ]

https://twitter.com/seldomusedrsrv/status/874575533253820416

Havent judged many. But when I do I am usually right.***

Jun 18, 2017, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain is NFL legit if he behaves like a grown man ...

Jun 18, 2017, 11:48 AM

Wishing and hoping he has matured off the field. If yes, he has a bright future. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 12:06 PM

Tymere Zimmerman. We didn't really miss out.

Lol....what?

Jun 18, 2017, 12:18 PM

Tyrone Crowder? Deon Cain? What are you smoking dood?

Crowder is a 2 time All-ACC selection and could have jumped to the NFL this offseason.

Cain has made a ton of big plays in his 2 years here AS A BACKUP playing behing a 1st round pick.

Better examples of recent busts include Mike Bellamy, Spencer Region, Ogundeko, Jamie Harper...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 2:27 PM

:) To clarify about Crowder and Cain:

Crowder has always been one of my favorite TIGERS. I'm old and I wanted to run behind his blocking. He had so many pancake blocks in HS that I expected him to totally dominate the LOS. I guess I didn't see that as much as I expected. I'm cool with Crowder. I just thought he would be so dominating that we could not possibly have a bad Run game.

As for Cain - he hasn't been given enough opportunities. When in HS, he looked to be the fastest guy on the field. I expected him to absolutely leave defenders in his dust. The guys is lightning in a bottle, so I'm sure he will be great this year now that he is first in line.

Ok - so my expectations are always too high. It's just me. When I see them initially, I form my expectations as to how great they will be. Sometimes that expectation is too high. (Or not). :)

I can't believe I forgot about Bellamy. I totally missed on that guy.

I have a few

Jun 18, 2017, 3:29 PM

Xavier Dye wr-i caught just a few less passes than he did.

Marquan Jones wr ???

Bryce McNeal wr-talent galore but never did anything

Germonne Hopper wr-some days looked like a world better other days not so much

Markish Jones wr-??

Jamie Harper rb-5 star...in whose world

Rendrick Taylor rb, te, lb, crutches-I think there was a reason for all the injuries

Yusef (Keith) Kelly rb-couldnt stay healthy

Lateek Townsend LB-seriously? Another Marlboro county bust

Mike Bellamy rb-the kid could have been great

Tyshon Dye rb-injuries and time off the field

Willy Korn QB-who didnt get this one wrong?

Antonio Clay lb-he was the next great Clemson LB

Ricky Sapp de- not a horrible career but expected more

Demerrick Chancellor rb-we didn't want his brother but Chris had a good career and Demerrick left.

Cory Lambert ot-What the heck

Kelvin Grant wr-all I can do is shake my head

Maurice Nelson s/lb-???

CJ Gaddis QB, s, lb?-ended up in the secondary

Kelvin Morris lb-one decent season and ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain will be great this year and go in the 1st two rounds..

Jun 18, 2017, 2:48 PM

of the NFL draft. Crowder has been really good too. Terrible examples. Mike Bellamy would be a good example.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,454
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic