Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sammy DOES NOT need to be suspended...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Sammy DOES NOT need to be suspended...

May 5, 2012, 6:39 AM

give me a break---some weed and some pills. Throw in a couple of hookers, some blow, and and some whiskey and you have what I would have considered a pretty typical Thursday night when I was in college. Boys will be boys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, that is very typical of coots at 5 points

May 5, 2012, 7:10 AM

and if Sammy were a coot, nothing would happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not true.. he would be suspened form 2 or 3

May 5, 2012, 7:13 AM

work outs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Sammy DOES NOT need to be suspended...

May 5, 2012, 7:16 AM

Did you play college football?
Are you mentioned as a possible Heisman Trophy candiate?
Possible collegiate All American status,a career in the NFL?
Sammy is first,and formost a student,a person with a talent to play a game many of us can only marvel at.
Now,I will admit that he should not be suspended from school.In fact I do not think any first time offender should be suspended from school if restitution is made.
However,he is in a high profile sport where athletes are treated differently because the exposure,and money they bring into the University.So something needs to be done.
Should he have a crimal record? No.
Should be be permantely kicked out of school,or off the team ? No.
But,imo,a one game suspension should be imposed to set an example that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.
And for the record,I think the one game suspension should be the Auburn game.Sitting him out for Ball State,or Furman does no good,and you definitly want him for conference play.
So you sit him out for the opener,against a good SEC opponent in a nationally televised game.He should not even be allowed to dress out.
That should send a message that Clemson University is not like Stephen Garcia U 90 miles down the road.

Absolutely***

May 5, 2012, 9:33 AM

May 5, 2012, 7:52 AM

I can't believe people even responded to this guy. I'm sure glad losers like this don't work anywhere around me. What an ignorant attitude to have. He'd be fired before he could get hired.

Sammy SHOULD be punished - and punished more harshly than Bellamy since he obviously didn't learn anything from someone else' mistake. These kids are going to have to learn to follow some rules if they're going to wear ORANGE.

May 5, 2012, 7:57 AM

Sammy just cost himself a 1st round pick.

May 5, 2012, 8:01 AM

Sammy has two, maybe three years to change the impression he just hung on himself. Just as he will have to earn the respect of Tiger Nation again... he can earn that first round back.

You must be kidding

May 5, 2012, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Sammy DOES NOT need to be suspended... ]

No way in hell that this costs Sammy even one spot in the draft. He is not a character issue guy; in fact, probably the exact opposite.

STill waiting for you to clarify if you are really in the

May 5, 2012, 7:57 AM

military... That means something. Especially to people that graduated from Clemson. We respect the military. So again.. I ask you.. Are you really in the military or are you pretending to get your R?

Hookers and blow at Clemson? GET OFF OUR BOARD YOU COOT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

May 5, 2012, 8:08 AM

Add in some academic fraud on top of that and you have chapel hill...

Doesn't have to be ... but he will.

May 5, 2012, 8:18 AM

Dabo and the staff understand what "We're Clemson: We're better than that" means. Sometimes we all have to be reminded that as Tigers, we are called to a higher (pardon the pun) standard.

So no, Sammy doesn't need to be suspended. But he will because the staff understands that this is one of those proverbial forks in the road.

They know that losing him for a game or two is far less painful than realizing they could have helped one of the greatest talents they're likely to help mold avoid a lifetime of bad decisions, but didn't. The world is littered with the lost abilities of Garcias and OhSons because no one was on hand to help them realize just what they were throwing away.

If you slap his wrist and say "Now don't do that again," and don't reinforce why, the temptation ... and likely action ... will repeat.

Give him a taste of that his life would be like without the game he loves, and the likely path to adulation and wealth and the best use of his God-given skills, and suddenly the choices become much more clear.

In the world at large, Sammy's transgression is as you suggest: pretty meager fodder for scandal. But Sammy isn't just another college kid.

Sometimes being special doesn't mean you get away with stuff ... it means you are held to a more narrow path than the usual Thurday night college kids.

Sammy, I'm certain, already feels bad about it and will do what it takes to restore his image ... for the hordes of little kids who want to grow up to be like him.

No one wants to grow up to be the Thursday night hero with weed and whiskey. They want to grow up to be the Saturday and Sunday hero.

And that's why Sammy will miss some form of the game this fall ... so he'll be sure to see the field the rest of his long, memorable career.

And memorable for all the right reasons.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree rev, i just hope dabo doesnt get cute with the

May 5, 2012, 8:30 AM

Discipline. If you suspend him, start at the beginning of the season. I hate when coaches like TB suspend a kid and then find a convenient game to sit them out. As soon as I heard about this I said he should be drug tested immediately. If he tests negative he gets one game, positive gets three games.

possession is testing positive in the eyes of the program***

May 5, 2012, 8:33 AM

Couldn't have said it any better

May 5, 2012, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Doesn't have to be ... but he will. ]

And I have tried. :) Excellent post, Rev.

May 5, 2012, 9:06 AM

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

May 5, 2012, 9:32 AM

Throw in the wiskey, the hookers, and the blow and you've got a good Thursday night? I don't think so! What you've got there is a presidential detail!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic